Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#174830 07/22/03 11:41 AM
RL Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I visited the #lanekent chat room for the first time today and found no one there. I was wondering if there's a normal time of day where's there a lot of activity, granted this depends on time zones we all live in? Are there a lot of times when no one is online?

I guess I have the same questions for #loisclark.

I'm signed onto an Undernet server which says the channel was created June 30, 1999. It required the given password to get in, so I'm pretty confident I've got the right place.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#174831 07/22/03 11:46 AM
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Roger,

There are some times when no one is online in #loisclark. I'm not sure about #lanekent because I've never been there.

I think that between the afternoon crowd and the night crowd, there is usually a lull.

There is usually a pretty large crowd in the afternoon -- around 3-5pm EST (evening in Europe smile ). I usually come into the channel at night -- around 10 or 11 pm EST and stay until sometime in the wee hours of the morning and the crowd is not usually as big, but there are usually a few people there -- and sometimes more than just a few people there.

(if that made any sense . . . probably not wink )

- Alicia smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#174832 07/22/03 11:47 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Roger, just for clarification, I think Alicia was talking about popular times on #loisclark. For instance, #loisclark has been busy now for about five hours or so.

As for #lanekent, I think that's more a night-time channel, in that it's probably just beginning to warm up about now.

Hope that helped!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard