Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
Who was "Mike" who married L&C?

Was he a guardian angel or something? confused

Thanks.
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#174825 07/22/03 10:13 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Supposed to be. IIRC, on the wedding certificate you can see he's signed himself something of that kind. Can't remember the specifics. But essentially a guardian angel, yes.

LabRat (who tries to block this fact out mostly... razz )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#174826 07/23/03 02:34 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
It makes you wonder, just how legal was the marriage? Oooh, plot twist! wink

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#174827 07/23/03 05:11 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well, that's a good question, but if the courthouse is happy with the signatures, etc., they would be married in the eyes of the law anyway, right?

I mean, does it really require a "licensed?" person to perform the ceremony? A Blue Suede Deliverance minister doesn't seem much better to me than a Guardian Angel wink

#174828 10/02/11 07:35 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I have a hypothesis that "Mike" is the archangel called "Michael" (or Mich-El in some translations), not just a guardian angel and it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility that all angels have a nome de plume that they get away with using on earth that looks legit (at least to me.)

I also have been playing with the idea that H.G. Wells is their acting guardian angel (at least as it pertains to the timeline of their Earth.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#174829 10/04/11 02:36 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Dandello has an excellent fic, "Guardian Angels" , based on the events of the movie "Superman Returns".

Mike does appear as an actual angel, but not as some cutesy character. Angels in this are the kind that have to tell you "Fear not" when they see you - i.e., Serious Business.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard