Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
P
In either "Forget Me Not" or "Oedipus Wrecks" there is a lighted, electronic stock market ticker (in the office at the Planet) listing what has happened to stock prices and one of them
is something like"FoLCs" +7/8. Were they making a reference to "Friends of Lois & Clark?"

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Pete and welcome!

Can't remember that one specifically, but I would imagine so as there were several references to fans on the tickertape over the years, IIRC. And elsewhere too. I can't remember them all - maybe other 'veterans' <g> can?

I know that there was a plaque on the wishing well in Ultrawoman that had a fan reference. And there was an African statue in Clark's apartment that had been sent into the production office (or given to Dean personally, can't recall now) by a fan, which appeared in a few episodes.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
P
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
P
LabRat-Thanks. I will watch for other references.

P
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
P
Of course I am not really Pete Ross. I am surprised no one took that name already.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I might still have articles on those references - or some of them - somewhere among my LNC archives on CD.

I'll have a scout around and if I find anything I'll post them here. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The ticker-tape reference was in Oedipus Wrecks, and I *think* it was "FOLCS +3 7/8"

We also claimed that several other things were nods to the fans. In Tempus Anyone, there was a character referred to as "Majordomo" -- at the time, we had 2(?) very active lists on a "majordomo" type server.

And "Swear to God, This Time We're Not Kidding" (the final real wedding ep) was full of stuff. For one thing, the name of the episode! The producers of the show had caught a *lot* of flak about the previous season's non-wedding arc, so when they tried to do another wedding episode, there was much skepticism. My favorite bit is near the end, when Clark asks "Mike" for reassurance that this is real, right, because otherwise, there will be *riots* <g> And he was so right...

There were a few others, too, I think. There was an active Internet list since at least the middle of second season, which is when I came in, but it might have started a year earlier. Some of the show's production staff reportedly subscribed and lurked on the list, and would print out comments to share with the crew. smile So they definitely knew we were out there.

PJ
who thinks somebody ought to write all this stuff down, somewhere, because her memory isn't quite what it used to be wink

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard