Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#174103 07/18/03 02:15 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Woohoo! Thanks Rivka for your help smile

Okay...

"Let's get something --------. ------ eat -----, not -------, -----. Any ----- ----- ----!"

Said by who, to who, in which ep?

Sara jump

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
#174104 08/01/03 02:25 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
"Let's get something --------. ------ eat -----, not -------, -----. Any ----- ----- ----!"
I can fill in some parts, but I don't quite remember it all.

"Let's get something straight. Clones eat frogs , not -------, frogs. Any ----- ----- ----!"

I know that Lois says it but I don't remember which episode.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#174105 08/02/03 04:07 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Just to complete the quote:

"Listen, let's get something straight.
Clones eat frogs. Not lizards. Frogs. Any idiot knows that!"

and it's from "Swear To God, This Time We're Not Kidding."

#174106 08/02/03 05:17 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Skitz, it's pretty easy to edit a post if you want to - just click on the icon on your post that looks like a pad and pen and you can make whatever changes to it you like. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#174107 08/02/03 06:01 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Wow, that's pretty cool. Handy too. Thanks labrat, I had no idea one could do that! notworthy You're great, thanks again!

#174108 08/04/03 06:59 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Over to you, Skitz!

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
#174109 08/04/03 11:27 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Wow, I actually have to put one up now, I forgot that part. Just a minute while I find it.

Okay, got one. Hope no one's done this one already, here y'all go:

"It's always such an -------------. Having to -- ---- ---- -------. It's like announcing to the world that --- ---- the ----- and the ------- to deal with --- ------- more creatively. I mean, there have ---- -----, naturally, when I've had to ---- ------ ----------, but it's always -------- --. I've always felt like I've --- ------ ---- somehow."

#174110 08/06/03 02:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
er...except "having to do", I really don't have a clue...

Gosh, look at me! "je fais des vers sans en avoir l'air".

Carole smile1

#174111 08/06/03 07:16 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I can't fill in any blanks, but for some reason, I'm thinking this is a Lex speech. Early first season, he's talking to someone at the end (turns out to be a dog, I think)... about how he's disappointed that he had to take things in his own hands but such is life... RFAS?

Btw, have I mentioned that I really don't want to win these things? goofy If the above rings a bell for anyone, please go for it smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#174112 08/06/03 08:01 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Wow, did I pick a bad one? You're right about where it came from Pam. Would it help if I filed in a few more blanks? Here:

"It's always such an -------------. Having to do ---- with -------. It's like announcing to the world that you ---- the ----- and the ------- to deal with the ------- more creatively. I mean, there have been -----, naturally, when I've had to have ------ ----------, but it's always -------- me. I've always felt like I've let ------ down somehow."

#174113 08/06/03 08:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skitz, you didn't pick up a bad one, on the contrary.

As far as i'm concerned, I'm not an expert in Lex's lines, nor in playing hangman, but I'll try to fill in some more blanks...totally wild guess.

"It's always such an -------------. Having to do ---- with -------. It's like announcing to the world that you know the ----- and the ------- to deal with the problems more creatively. I mean, there have been -----, naturally, when I've had to have ------ ----------, but it's always -------- me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow."

#174114 08/07/03 03:08 PM
Blogger
Blogger
lol, good Cyad. One guess was wrong, but the rest where nice! Wanna try for more? Here's the updated with your correct ones.

"It's always such an -------------. Having to do ---- with -------. It's like announcing to the world that you ---- the ----- and the ------- to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been -----, naturally, when I've had to have ------ ----------, but it's always -------- me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow."

#174115 08/08/03 04:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
geez, I can't find to missing words...even if the phrase looks familiar...I'll let the WE go over it, might be more inspired on monday wink

Carole

#174116 08/08/03 12:43 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, these are hard. (Can I buy a vowel?)

I haven't got a clue what this is, but I'll take a stab at it:

It's always such an inconvenience...
Having to do this with...
to the world that you lack...
there have been times
it's always bothered me...

Did I get any right? If I did, maybe it will help someone else remember these lines from the show. Frankly, I don't have clue what scene this is from, or what he is talking about!

- Vicki wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#174117 08/08/03 12:58 PM
Blogger
Blogger
The third and fourth ones were, Vicki. Here's the updated, again:

"It's always such an -------------. Having to do ---- with -------. It's like announcing to the world that you lack the ----- and the ------- to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have ------ ----------, but it's always -------- me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow."

#174118 08/08/03 01:10 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
"It's always such an embarrassment. Having to do away with someone . It's like announcing to the world that you lack the savvy and the finesse to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have people eliminated, but it's always saddened me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow."

From "Requiem for a Superhero", said by the villain we love to hate...Lex Luthor. And he's referring to the killing on Allie.

Pelican smile1

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
#174119 08/08/03 03:02 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Yay pelican!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was wondering when someone was going to get that! Lex quotes are always so interesting, almost as good as Martha or Tempus ones. You're up!

#174120 08/09/03 08:52 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, here's the next one. I haven't really paid any attention to these fill-ins and 'guess what line?' topics, so I'm sorry if this is a used one. If so, anyone is free to suggest a new one smile

Superman: Are you --- --- ?
Lois: You --- to --- me that a lot ---.
Superman: People seem to --- to --- you a ---.
Lois: Yeah, I was so --- in --- ---.

Pelican smile1

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
#174121 08/09/03 06:15 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Just my guess, but is it from "The Return Of The Prankster?"

"Are you all right?"
"You seem to ask me that a lot lately."
"People seem to try to kill you a lot."
"Yeah, I was so popular in high school..

#174122 08/10/03 07:52 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, that was one lucky 'guess', then wink You're up!

Pelican smile1

Susan Kay
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard