Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I always wondered about their wedding... what in the world were they thinking with that guy Mike???? Even now I don't understand why they did such a cheesey wedding...

Also in the Rivial when Clark comes into her apartment I always wondered why after she unlocked the doors for him to come in why is it then when he is leaving he has a hard time getting our of her apartment because they are all locked...

Also which is 105 Carter Avenue or 501 Carter avenue she says them both.

Amanda

"Don't fall for me farm boy, I don't have time for it." LL
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
This one may be old news or have been said already but oh well....

I think it was funny that Jimmy couldn't figure out how to turn the car off...all superman had to do was turn the key off. How simple was that.

Lois: You think we'll be together when we get old and gray.
Clark: I sure hope so because I don't think I could go on living if living is without you.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Was watching Man of Steel Bars a couple days ago, and I noticed something:

(Thanks to Christiane\'s site for the pics!)

[Linked Image]

Like LabRat, I was always bothered about Clark opening that hydrant. Kids play and feel better, but lives are endangered...

Look at the pic, tho. The hydrant is surrounded by sawhorses. There's a "men working" sign up. There's no other sign of construction around.

Not only that, but it already had a short pipe attached, allowing access through one of the sawhorses:

[Linked Image]

Why would a hydrant be roped off when nothing else is going on?

I can only think of one answer. Hydrants need to be flushed regularly, or the stagnant water in the reserve tanks (even at high pressure) will start to grow things. It's a guess, but I'm thinking that the hydrant in question was due to be flushed.

Usually, they block off several in a row, and just work their way down the street. It takes a while, though, because they drain each one before moving on to the next. (They drain it through a hose - which would have made things hard for the kids - and they don't want to bother using more than one hose for the street.)

So... there you have it. The hydrant Clark opened would have been opened and flushed by the fire department, but they would have done it a couple of hours later and through a hose.

Sure, he got the street wet and stuff, but no one was really hurt.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmmmm. I dunno, Paul - I think if I was working on a hydrant and some idiot came along and set it off, interfering with my work, I'd be kind of ticked. <G> I'm presuming that if the fire dept would have set the hydrant off 'a couple of hours later' that when they intended it to be set off. If they'd intended/wanted it set off there and then, they'd have done it themselves!

I'm also presuming that - in order to ensure that water pressure/supply is maintained that this kind of maintenance needs to be done a certain way. So there's no guarantee that Superman's actions wouldn't mess things up, endanger lives, even if all he's doing is something the fire dept might do themselves later. The timing might be all important.

Still seems a very OOC thing for Clark to do.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
The scene which always makes me cringe and want to throw something at the TV is when Superman 'helpfully' [Roll Eyes] turns on the fire hydrant for the kids, so that water gushes out all over the place.

As many of you know, hubby is a firefighter. And every darn summer, firefighters lives are made hell by children turning on fire hydrants to cool themselves down. It's dangerous, it lowers water pressure, leads to a high possibility that when firefighters actually need that water during an emergency it won't be there for them, and they get verbal and physical abuse from parents who don't want them 'spoiling the kid's fun' when they come back twenty times in the same day to the same fire hydrant to turn it off.
Just had to say, I was amazed to hear during this past summer that my city actually *intentionally* opened fire hydrants in the city. They called them "street showers" and posted in the paper and on the news what blocks they would be on. They did it to help citizens cool down, though, because we had a serious heat wave (about 100 for about two weeks, and with our humidity the heat index can jump to 115 or so) and a lot of people don't have fans or air conditioning. Nonetheless, I was still stunned to hear that the city would actually do that intentionally, especially as I would assume that they might have *more* fires during that season.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard