Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#17243 11/14/04 10:30 AM
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
WOWIE!!!

I love the way you left us there at the end. Great 'ending'. Though....the reader side of me is clawing at the screen err... keyboard yelling "NO WHY THERE? MOOOOOOOOOORE!!!! THIS ROCKS AND RL IS BEHAVING AND LETTING ME READ. WHY!!??!!"

I love fics where their relationship is developing. And with a revelation! Can a weekend get any better?

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay, she's alive! smile1

I love the whole scene where he's reviving her, and then her coughing... wonderful, EvilWendy! smile

And wow, what a revelation. laugh He's gonna have to take her flying now. wink

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. goofy She probably will believe him.

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! Part 2 is here. And the wait was worth it laugh

So he just smiled enigmatically at her. “No boat.”

She stared in disbelief. “You swam here? Dragging me?”

“No.” He paused, savouring the moment. “I flew.”
I love it how you leave us dazed, confused and in two-minds. At the end of part1, you left us wondering if it's Lois or no. Now we are left puzzling over if it's a revelation or no. (Coz with Wendy, u never know) wink smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Top Banana
Top Banana
Cool! cool

Lois is so stubborn! She is dressed in practically NOTHING, almost drowned and she still walks off like she doesn't need any help at all! Hasn't she realized taht Clark is an ally? Epecially now that Lex has revealed his true nature??

Great stuff! When's part 3? laugh

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Lex,Lex, Lex. Such inelegant behavior. The lady in the lake is alive.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, that was great!! Yay, she's alive! You had us worried there for awhile, especially with your veiled threa...er, hints that appearances might not be deceiving, after all:
should it be relevant
Like part one, this was a gripping, well-paced read. It was not at all apparent to me that Lois had survived-- until Clark kissed her. Your description of her recovery was very convincing, although, as Clark fears, she probably isn't going to escape completely unscathed. There's at least some risk of potentially severe side effects even though she's apparently recovered. (Pneumonia is pretty likely, unfortunately.)

Fortunately, she wasn't submerged, and so probably didn't inhale enough water to cause decreased oxygen to vital areas. But inhaling even a small amount of water can decrease lung function and/or collapse part of the lungs. Lungs can also get partially blocked by "stuff" in the water that's inhaled along with the water. If decreased function causes fluid to leave the lung capillaries and get into the lung tissue (edema), she's going to need oxygen to help combat any acute respiratory distress which may develop.

Interestingly, if water's been inhaled and the person requires rescue breathing, usually a higher ventilation pressure is needed than if there's no water present in the lungs. Clark is uniquely placed as possibly the only person who could even tell she was still alive, as well as being the only likely person who could provide the higher pressure (instinctively?) she might need to be revived. Whether you planned that or not, Wendy, it works.

And being out of the water even partially probably saved her from hypothermia (or at least limited it to mild hypothermia), since even a wet body loses heat more slowly out of the water. So Clark does need to make sure she continues to warm up quickly, but she's not likely to collapse. And here, her physical activity can actually help warm her up.

So-- what happened?? How did it happen? Like I said earlier, I can see force with the water glass and a forced walk to the water's edge-- but how do you force a person to walk into the water and keep going? And if Lex set the scene and then drugged her with a sleeping pill (or with more than one), she's incredibly lucky she ended up on a branch before she drowned. Or was she running from him?

Like Clark, I'm anxious to find out what happened. Hopefully Lois will tell him (soon, ok, Wendy?).

I really liked the relieved playfulness between them at the end of this section. They've become so comfortable with each other, in such a short time. And yay, a revelation! Actually, I was kind of expecting one, if only because of the urgency required in warming Lois up-- but I like this one better. Not that she'll believe him without proof, of course. goofy

So-- now they've got something to investigate, something to prove. Lex appears to be the bad guy, after all. Will story number three involve both Lois and Clark's points of view (since story one was Lois' POV and story two is Clark's)? It may be a longer story, hmmm?

Keep writing!!

~Toc

PS-- SJH, you're pretty funny!! lol I do enjoy your comments!

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh Wow at first I thought it wasn't really Lois, so I was surprised when it was. Once I knew it was her, then I knew she had to be alive. I am shocked that Clark told her he flew! LOL, that aught to get a rise out of her! I am looking forward to finding out what happened and what will happen. Good job Wendy. Keep it coming! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Boy, do you know how to do a cliffhanger clap

I was so happy to see this part and now I'm waiting impatiently for the next one....

Love this story....can't wait to hear what Lex did to send Lois running.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
YAY! Part two is here. I was practically glued to the screen while reading this installment. And as usual, the long awaited part answered one question and posed a whole lot of new ones:

What DID happen to make Lois end up in the lake? How will she react to Clark's 'I flew' (I loved that one! It was a great place to stop and keep your readers on their toes... *eg*)? Will she come to trust him? Or will she remain her stubborn self? Will he take her to Kansas?

Well, how about posting part 3? I, for my part, can't wait to read what happens next!

Sira - smile1

Top Banana
Top Banana
Here's my theory, for what it's worth (great part by the way!)

Lois told Lex that she wanted a divorce. He said she'd have to be dead first before he'd let her divorce him, so she decided to fake her death.

Except that it got out of hand, Lois didn't realize how cold the water was, etc etc etc, and she got in over her head (pardon the pun).

Please - don't let Clark be kidding when he says he flew. It's about time he shared his secret with the intrepid Lois Lane! After all...she has a secret, too.

I think a nice fire inside a certain Smallville farmhouse is just the place to ensure Lois doesn't get pneumonia!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Kerth
Kerth
Wow!! eek

And I'm not going to complain about the cliffhanger wink ... I loved it!!! goofy )

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Oooh, Clark is going to spill all! Yay, Wendy! Unless...he just happens to have a small plane hidden under the bushes. But then how would explain finding Lois and bringing her back? Nope, he's just going to have to tell her a little super-secret.

Nice place to end, btw. <g>

I'm debating with myself -- she faked a suicide to get rid of Lex and it went wrong? Or Lex tried to kill her? Actually, I'm inclined to think the latter -- call it a hunch, or whatever, but I would expect more self recrimination for her plan going awry than she showed. So my guess is her fear is because she saw not only Lex's wrath, but felt the immediate consequences.

Then again, these are just theories. So you'll need to post more, Wendy, to give me more clues. <g>

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
His lips had encountered a tiny, infinitesimal breath of air.

Could it be... was it even possible...?
See!! I knew it, the whole time! Yup, knew she wasn't dead! wink

/me hopes no one can hear her huge sigh of relief

And then she coughed.

It was the faintest of coughs, yet to him it was the most beautiful of sounds.
smile1

Not that he’d ever had any real first-aid training... but still, that basic medical textbook he’d read after the first time he’d tried to help a badly-injured victim of a road traffic accident had to have taught him something, he reasoned.
Glad to hear that Superman, though stuck in rudimentary form, is there. smile

“No!” she exclaimed, but any further explanation was lost in yet another coughing fit.
Yay!! I was hoping he wouldn't have to take her anywhere! laugh

Still. Lois was married. He had no right to hold her; no right to offer her protection. He’d saved her life, true; but now he had an obligation to take her to a doctor or return her to her husband. It was he who had the right to take away that scared look in her eyes and to tell her that she was safe with him.
Nope, nope! If she's declared dead, then the marriage is null and void. So you just gotta bide your time for a bit. wink

Her husband, he realised in shock. She was frightened of her husband!

But why?
/me throws a whole dollar in the jar...

In his dreams, she was his.
Awww! So sweet, but so sad! frown

No, he’d been the one at fault.
Clark! I wanna thwap you for always jumping to conclusions like that! razz

She regrouped quickly. “Okay, then. Where’s your boat?”
Hee hee! Can I tell her? Can I? laugh

“No.” He paused, savouring the moment. “I flew.”
jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop

Okay...even though I know the next line is going to be, "Okay, so where's your plane?"

But still!!! eek I sort of feel bad for Clark if Lois asks that question. He has every right to savor the moment and she's just going to ruin his perfect revelation. wink And as soon as she realizes *what* he is, she is going to FLIP OUT on him! Eek!

Wendy... Get back here!!!

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Personally, I'm convinced that Lex tried to drown her. Although, knowing his character, I'd be surprised if he bothered to do the dirty work himself. Is Nigel around still? He was always a favorite character of mine. smile

I wasn't surprised that Clark found Lois alive, I'll have to admit, although up until he found her on the branch, I expected she'd be hiding in the woods or on an island somewhere, willingly.

I never cease to be impressed with your plotting and writing. smile Summer Dreaming, although I didn't read it fast enough to write any comments on the boards, was fantastic. And I'm so glad you're doing a sequel! When I was halfway through the 4th part of SD I started to get worried--how the heck is Wendy going to fix this in half a section? I should have thought of the obvious answer. More writing! smile

BTW, the link for the first part of "Betrayed" seems to go to the comments instead of the actual section, unless I was doing something wrong.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oops! blush I don't know how that happened! Thanks for telling me, Sarah - all fixed now. smile

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, it's Wednesday and probably time I replied to this thread. And again, thank you all so much for your wonderful comments! goofy Julie, thank you for specifically mentioning that scene! Janet, I know that in these circumstances Lois really needs oxygen and so on, and I'm relieved that you think that Clark's intervention at least partly makes up for that. I have discussed some of the medical stuff in this with our resident DocJill, so I'm not going into it totally clueless wink - at the same time, I'm entirely responsible for any medical foulups. If it's mostly believable, then I'm happy.

I'm glad you seemed to like the cliffhanger/think it was evil (delete as appropriate wink ). I can't claim credit for the decision to stop here, though. I'd had a different point in mind, but both of my wonderful BRs said that this would be the perfect place to stop. So if you want someone to praise/blame (again, delete as appropriate wink ), I refer you to Yvonne and Kaethel. goofy

Again, lots of questions: how does Clark intend to explain his statement? How did Lois end up in that lake? Was it Lex, or was she engaging in some very sophisticated manoeuvring to get away from him? It looks like the balance is slightly weighted towards Lex trying to do away with Lois, rather than Lois faking her death. But time will tell who's right and who's wrong!

Thank you all very much again, Roo, Julie, Maria, AnKS, Liz, SJH, Laura, Janet, Trenna, Sira, Chris, José, Bethy, Sara and Sarah. Part 3 coming up shortly!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard