Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh no I hope Lois doesn't decide to write that expose after all..she needs to look into that shipping business..there's her big story.

Now we need her to hear a little tap tap tappin' at her balcony! wink

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh Nice. Will he disturb her bubble bath? Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, I loved the scene with Clark and his parents! That was so cute and even a bit hilarious!

But, poor Lois, her editor scared me... but all is not lost, I think. If the worst case scenario happens, I'm still positive that Perry will take her with open arms... But there is a really big story for her to do: the infamous bicoastal investigation!!!

And Agnes is great! What a power lady!

Sira - happy to get all of TLRH she can get!

Kerth
Kerth
Eek! eek

I hoped Jim will fire her and she travels to Metropolis wink

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Poor Lois, alone and humiliate for her editor. She needs of Clark so much... [Linked Image] A visit would be best than a talk for telephone. wink It's time Clark visit San Francisco. He could see her while she is in her balcony and land there. It would be romantic, wouldn't it? [Linked Image]

Next part soon, please! grovel

Andreia (who is looking forward for Clark's visit) [Linked Image]

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Some interesting developments here.

I know that you needed to increase the 'will she won't she' tension and used her editor's rant and threats to do so. But I had a problem with it. Clark and Perry both have heard of Lois Lane. So we are lead to believe that Lois is more than just an average reporter. She's one of the best. True, she didn't come back with the kind of story that she set out to, or that Jim expected her to, but she did get a story of some sort. I can see Jim being disappointed in her not getting all the juicy details (by the way, what sort of story was he expecting? No one has any reason to believe that the super hero is hiding behind another identity. Maybe he really doesn't have anything to hide?). Anyway, I think it's a bit unrealistic that Jim would threaten to fire Lois, his best reporter, for bringing in an ordinary story this time.

What would be more likely is that he'd express his disappointment, and mention the Suits reservations about her. He could then talk about how he's had to go to bat for her in the past, but given the expense versus the results he'll have a much harder time this time. No actual threat of firing, but an implied 'I hope you don't let me down again' would be just as effective.

Good story.

Tank (who believes that Martha must have figured out that Clark would fall in love with Lois at the first mention of her name... it must be something to do with mother's intuition)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clark's words finally rambled to a close and he cringed. Lois had definitely rubbed off on him.
drool

We hope so eventually! I'm not surprised her editor is mad though. Aside from giving this superhero a name she may as well have just copied Clark's original article and yet the paper in San Fran had to foot the bill for her plane trip and salary while she was there.

What she might have brought up is the smuggling connection she'd heard about. And hey, if she does get fired she certain to have a home in Metropolis.

TEEEEEEJ

G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Hi Erin,
Like everyone else I enjoyed this section, especially Clark's talk with Martha and Jonathan.

But I also feel the same way that Tank does about Lois's article:
(by the way, what sort of story was he expecting? No one has any reason to believe that the super hero is hiding behind another identity. Maybe he really doesn't have anything to hide?)
I would assume that at this point in the continuity, Clark doesn't know that he's from Krypton, so how can he tell Lois. The only other question that he would hesitate about is "Where does he come from?"

Also, if Lois has Clark on her mind, and she definitely does, then her famous 'reporter's instinct' would tell her that Clark is onto to something that is connected to what he's investigating. That should make Jim happy as well because if they could prove that it was bicoastal....and that it's Lex Luthor involved (something that neither of our heros know, but we do), then she has an even better story.

So now I'll leave the rest up to you unless I feel the need to add my meagre (Canadian) 2 cents.

gerry

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for all the wonderful feedback, guys! I appreciate it SO much.

Originally posted by gerry:
But I also feel the same way that Tank does about Lois's article
I appreciate yours and Tank's insight into this, Gerry! And I think you guys are absolutely right. I agree that this is something I'm going to have to rework. I'm going to put my mind to it today and see if I can find a good way to make this work better.

THANK YOU! thumbsup

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Erin!

It's Veteran's Day and a holiday from teaching school (here's a salute to all of our Veteran FoLCs!). So, I jumped in and have read all of the parts to your newest story. It's great! The attraction between our two heroes when they first meet is always an enjoyable read - especially when such a talented writer posts it.

I agree that Lois' article in the Chronicle could have been a great story without revealing Clark's secret but I was thinking that was a perfect opportunity for Lois to quit and move to be with him. I'm thinking that the two are going to be training their sites on Lex soon. Anyway, I am enjoying the plot and the descriptive flare that you have. Very nicely done.

Now, write on!
Anne (the San Jose, Piedmont Hills, tennis, horseback riding one!)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wonderful part. I wonder if Clark is going to visit San Fransisco just after Lois's bath.

Jonathan's words could be useful also other couples:

no relationship that's worth having is ever easy. If you want it to work out, you'll both find a way.

Gabriele
S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
Another great part, Erin! clap

I love the open relationship Clark and his parents share, and I'm glad Lois can relate herself with this fantastic lady ( I suppose you changed the Lois-Perry relationship with the Lois-Agnes' one: Lois always needs someone who substitute her parents)!

She hadn't considered leaving a message.
*Sigh*. It's so difficult to say: "Hello Clark, this is Lois. I hope I'll be able to speak with you very soon, bye"?? Okay, probably, at this stage of their relationship, it is.

I'm looking for the tomorrow call: Clark, are you there? you are going to phone to Lois tomorrow, aren't you?

Simona smile

J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
This is just getting better and better! thumbsup thumbsup

I loved the Clark-Martha & Jonathan and Lois-Agnes conversations. wave

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Erin

I'm sorry for not posting regularly. I've just read the last three parts. smile

This story is wonderful. smile1

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I love this story.
I can't wait to see how Lois and Clark will act on their first contact since Lois' return home.

I have been coming online everyday for part 14 sice I've read part 13. What's going on?

Do I need to come hunt you down?

Please, please, can I have part 14 now?

If I can't, when is part 14 gonna be available?

I can't stand the not know.............

Excellent job by the way!

Seme

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard