Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
IreneD Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Okay, this is where life gets a little scarier. This is the last of my buffer. I have about a third of the next part written, and hope to get a lot more done this weekend.

Nag... I mean constructive criticism is much appreciated.

Irene smile

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Irene,

Wow, I feel bad for Lois because she's lost everything, but I am sort of mad at her for being so stupid wink . But I guess she does have a good point about the Pheremones...

“Not in a Metropolis minute!” she said vehemently.
This seriously had me rotflol .

- Alicia smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very fun story, Irene!!

Love how Clark is starting to become jealous of himself!! Wonderful touch in having him find what was left of her Kerth awards.

Hope you get a lot written this weekend!

Missy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, this is sort of progress... at least now Clark knows the reason Lois had been so snarky; although what he's going to do about it is a whole other story.

Nice of him to find her plaques -- and smart of him to take them over as Clark! Good to know Cat rose to the challenge, too smile

Now hurry up and write the rest!! I happen to know you have some free time on Wednesday wink so you have no excuse! goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

:rolleyes: Clark make a mess of this. He is responsible for what happen, just be cause the only way he could be near her is being Supernan.

confused What would have happen if Lois instead of asking him out, she said she was leaving Metropolis, she can work from another Planet bureau. I don't think he'll survive.

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
It's great that Clark now knows why Lois has been upset with him. Now that he suspects she has some interest in him, maybe he can use these "dates" to show just how well they do in romantic settings. Maybe?

My only disappointment is that Lois is in a hotel instead of staying with her best friend. Can't imagine she can afford to stay in a luxury suite for long, now can she? blush

Great story! Can't wait for the next part. notworthy

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Irene, I was about to nag blush about how short this was until I read your fdk comment so I guess we will be happy and hope you find time to write more!

Clark definitely painted himself into a corner with his comments about not being attracted to Lois. Good for you for making him face it.

Doesn't seem like she can get over it though without a full confession of how he was NEVER affected by it!

Looking forward to more, and I'll get in line to do some nagging too! laugh

Features Writer
Features Writer
Irene,
another good part as expected
you have a lot of writing to do - because you can't post quickly enough for me
more soon please
merry

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Irene

WOW! I love this. smile1
Should be a lot of fun!

I'm thoroughly enjoying this and look forward to reading the next part.

Tricia cool

N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Great banter and excellent verbal timing. I loved how the truth of the attraction issue came out. Very smooth.

Now if you can just get Lois to wear one of Cat's 'questionable' outfits on a date with Clark..... wink

On well with the muse. We're awaitin'! laugh

Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I can see this turning into a comedy now... wink
Clark takes Lois out on a "date", takes her home, leaves, spins into Suit and taps on Lois' window, repeat. He's bound to slip up somewhere...should be good!

Hope we see more soon..great stuff!! thumbsup thumbsup

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh poor Clark! How are they going to pull this one off! More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hey, it's the honeymoon suite! laugh love cat making that happen. wonder how hard she tried before she gave up and said that was the only room she could get. wink hope she gave lois the grand tour. then again, maybe not.

anyway, glad to see that clark has a better understanding of lois's feelings. and good for him getting those kerth plaques.

love this line:

He grinned. “As opposed to all the people who do know you who still want to kill you, I guess?”
poor clark, though. this whole situation is really tearing him in two, isn't it?

love the last line about "three's a crowd" and "don't i know it..." sad, in a way, but also really really funny. laugh

can't wait to see what happens next.

oh, wait a sec. i don't have to! dance evil

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
IreneD Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thanks, Alicia, Missy, Pam, Maria, me, Trenna, merry, Tricia, Sherry, Liz, Laura and Paul. I appreciate the comments.

Alicia, the Metropolis minute comment can be directly attributed to a suggestion of one of my fantastic beta-readers. (Thanks, Paul!)

Pam, I made other plans for Wednesday. (Yes, you can be replaced - just kidding.) I had actually made plans to get together in London in the morning with someone in the same business as me to get tips and suggestions and then go from there to meet you and your family. I still plan on going. I just wish that I had two appointments that day instead of just one. frown

me, good point about the cost of the hotel suite, but this is being paid for by the insurance company. Not Lois's fault that the only free room in town was the honeymoon suite. Personally, I think the convention is of ABC - no, not the TV station - ABC, American Bowling Convention.

Doug and I went to Niagara Falls for a weekend shortly after we were married. We ended up not being able to get a room at the hotel we wanted or eat in the restaurants we wanted because of the ABC bowlers. It is still a family joke!

Paul, I love your evil icon!

Yes, I finished the next section and emailed it to Paul and Wendy today - not a hundred percent happy with it - but I'm sure Paul and Wendy will have some great suggestions for me.

Thanks again for the great comments. It really helps to keep me motivated to work on this.

Now, I have to write about Lois's date with Clark.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Now, Irene does do good comedy. I wonder if she will, indeed, head down that path...?

I repeat: Clark is an idiot. I always thought he shot himself royally in the foot with his stupid behavior in PML: dismiss her as Clark, yet kiss her as Superman? Wallow in it, Clark, because you deserve every minute of it. goofy

Get that buffer moving, Irene! I want MORE!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Irene, good instalment, even if it was rather short.

These little bites of your story are really fueling the gentle readers anticipation levels.

Liked the humerous banter amid the depression that Lois is obviously feeling. It feels right for them.

Yep, it appears that Clark is going to rue the day that he made that smart aleck comment about not being attracted to her. The dual dating thing is not only going to get complicated and frustrating for Clark, but I see it becoming very confusing for Lois also. Should be a fun ride.

Tank (who figures with the holiday weekend coming up, Irene should be able to find some extra time to write)

Features Writer
Features Writer
OK, Irene, let's try my comments again.

I really liked the banter in the hotel room between Clark and Lois. Very them.

Clark was such an idiot in PML, denying his feelings for Lois as Clark yet admitting them as Superman. But of course the show had to continue the CK/LL/S love-triangle...

But a fanfic author has free rein to explore Clark's idiocy in all its delicious ramifications, and I'm so enjoying watching this story develop. How is Clark going to handle dating Lois in both his personas? help

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another excellent segment, Irene. Loved the banter and the atmosphere of 'friends giving comfort' was beautifully envoked.

She reverently cradled the engraved plaques that were all that was left of her Kerth awards. “You two are the best! Just the best! Thank you so much!” Her eyes welled up with tears.
Hers weren't the only ones. mecry

Some nice moments of revelation too - like everyone else, eager to see how that date goes wink and what Clark is going to do with this new information.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Blogger
Blogger
Nice story. Looking forward to the next part, and wondering how Clark will ever get out of this mess he's made! smile1

Clark's Gal
Columnist
Columnist
Irene, I'm catching up with this via the TOC - can you update it please? You only have up to part four listed there... Looking forward to reading this!

Melisma (swamped by RL here under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard