Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Is there an account set up where we could just donate?
Working on it! Watch this space thumbsup

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loving all these ideas.

I can offer my artistic services. I've done desktops, icons and story banners for Smallville for years. See here for examples

A little bit of incentive and I can do the same for LnC.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Top Banana
Top Banana
I like the idea of writing for donations. I'd be happy to go in search of my lost muse if we end up going that way.

Then again, I was also going to ask about how to make a direct donation but I see IolantheAlias raised that question a few posts up.

Bob

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Zazzle and CafePress don't require any money up front. The downside is that since the shirts are print on demand the base cost is higher. You can also get POD tons of other stuff like mugs, mouse pads, notebooks, clocks etc. The T spring we should get commitments for enough shirts to at least break even before printing them I'd say.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
By listening to my own creation, I found some problems with the previous .mobi that I created and I now know how to correct it.

So that I have a better example of what I am talking about, I have edited a story and its sequel from a particular author into a single file.

It has been sent to the author to get approval on the work. Once aproved and assuming I have the author's permission, I will offer it as a premium for a donation to the MBS.

Later I will reveal the titles/author.

Herb replied, β€œMy boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
wave From another "old timer." (I can't be old enough to be an old timer, can I??)

I'm eternally grateful to be a part of this fandom (even though it's been a while since I've participated)! And I'm delighted that it's still here and kickin' after all this time. smile

"Psst: I have a secret identity. I write FanFiction."

"Psst: I have a secret identity. I read FanFiction."
I love these! (And some of the other slogans I've been seeing in the other thread, too.)

I'm totally down for the swag!!

I'm also *gulp* willing to write something if anyone would even be interested. smile

KSaraSara aka Sara Kraft

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay,

I have been in communication with the author in question and an agreement has been made. thumbsup

If you are making a request for something other than Bob's two stories, simply put mobi in the subject line and give me the list of stories you are interested in.

evil

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That's a very generous offer, Ken! Thank you very much. And I would add that I don't think it's unreasonable or difficult for someone to send you proof of a donation. There are a couple of easy ways of doing it without revealing identifying information:

On the donation confirmation page:

- hit print screen, open up Paint or another image editing program, and click Paste. Use a black pen in the image editor to draw over things such as name and address. Save; attach the file to your email.

- if you have a Microsoft operating system, find the Snipping Tool (it should be in Accessories). When the tool opens, you're ready to go: use the mouse to select the area you want to copy. When the copied area appears in the snipping tool, click Tools, then Pen, and draw over anything you want to hide. Save the snip and attach it to your email - or just paste it into the email.

And, once the PayPal site is up and running, we'll post the link.

Thanks to everyone for your enthusiasm, creativity and generosity so far!! thumbsup

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you Wendy! That is very generous of you!

kj
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I too have no problem with Ken doing whatever magic he does with any of my stories. Once they've been posted either on the archive or even on these boards I consider them open to the public in any form.

Tank (who hopes that donations aren't going to be exclusive to a paypal set up since that is a methodology that he does not support)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I have no problems with mine being available for epub or mobi either.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I would be honoured if anyone liked my work enough either to request that it be used or to do anything with it (compile it for e-readers, make an audio recording, or anything else). I give my permission for my work to be used in whatever capacity might be desired for this fund-raising effort.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*waves to Tank*

Hi, old writing/sparring partner! wave

I believe that it will also be possible to use good old-fashioned cheques - it'll probably just be a matter of contacting the fundraising treasurer privately to get an address. All of this stuff should be figured out very soon and there'll be a new post with all the details laugh

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
I just wanted to send a thanks to Ken for picking Skyfall/Return as his pilot project. I am honored that he picked this set as the pilot. I'm happy to agree to his plan and gladly give my permission for any of my other works to be available for fundraising conversion.

Bob

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Ken!

I'd like to nominate Nan's Home-Series as a complete cycle.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Michael,

I already suggested that. I have it in process already, just in case someone requests it.

kj
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Ken, if you want to do that with any of my stories, to raise funds for this fandom, feel free.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Tank:
Okay, I've sat back and glanced over some of the ideas and have to say that most of them have a lot of potential.
As for me, Artemis, you're on. I'll try to have something for you in the next few weeks.
Awesome Tank! I look forward to it!

Also I'm with you on the no paypal issue. I've never used it and never intend to. Must be because I'm from Minnesota too.

I'm thinking physical checks to somewhere or a credit card to a secure site. Although with recent events on the https issue that might be a problem.

And yes, Ken, I'd donate for you too. Especially since you made me look like a warrior princess. [For those of you who haven't read it, the reference is for Lori on New Krypton with her bow and arrow. By the way, in a past life I did do archery.]

Also, how would we do the donating? Mention the amount in a thread or just silently send on the money? (I'm in favor of the latter.)

on to the party! party
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No reason to mention what you've donated in the thread, Artemis.

I understand that details of where to send donations is imminent and should be posted by the middle of the week.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for the word, LabRat. That's what I was thinking. It's been a long time since the last fundraiser and definitely worth a new one.
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard