Who's ready for another quiz? smile

SPIFFY DISCLAIMER THINGY! All the stories featured in this quiz qualify for the Best Long Story (201k+), but this quiz is not a stamp of recommendation for nomination. There are other stories which qualify for this category, but this quiz only covers 6.

Recommendations for other eligible stories are *very* welcome and encouraged!

QUIZ RULES: Two points for getting the story and author from the quote; one point for getting it from the excerpt. Specify which is which, or you'll automatically get one point instead of two. Open hard drive and archive, *don't* forget to snip the excerpts in your replies, and don't forget the spoiler space when you post in the replies thread.

The DEADLINE for entries for this quiz is Saturday by 11:59 p.m. (US Central Time, give or take).

More elaborate quiz instructions can be found here .

Please post your answers here .

Good luck!

B

E

S

T

L

O

N

G

S

T

O

R

Y

Quote #1
With determination Lois asked, “Why would I want to take it off? Once I have it on, no one is getting it off me.”

Quote #2
Lois pulled him into a hug. “Because you care. And because you can help. It may not have been a big number, but your being here helped everyone feel like there was hope.”

Quote #3
He took in a deep breath, resolving to be more patient with her. “Try talking to him,” he suggested. “Horses can sense nervousness.”

Quote #4
In unison, they blurted out, “We have to find her now!”

Quote #5
Exasperated Lois wrapped her good arm around drawn up knees and shot back, "There is no 'us' until I understand about him!"

Quote #6
“Most of them. The exposure was fairly short.” Clark replied cryptically as he continued to stare at Jonathan. Finally he relaxed. “He’s got a very slight concussion but other than that he should be just fine in a day or two.”

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Excerpt #1
They came to a stop. After catching his breath and calming down from the fright he said, “Wow! Okay. Whewh, well at least now we know you can go fast. Let’s try for direction, accuracy, and controlling your speed. Look toward my apartment and think fast,” he hastily added, “but not so fast, okay?”

Excerpt #2
Bernie thought a moment. “You said that you want this to be as private as possible, so I’ll need to reserve one of the sealed labs and have the equipment moved there. I also need to set up a link to EPRAD so that I can tap into the telemetry that they are using to track the Swarm. Can you come back in early this evening?”

Excerpt #3
Loisette frowned and then stuck one hand on the left side of High Flyer and leaned her head to the right side. Simultaneously, she snapped her fingers and said the horse’s name. She smiled as his ears twitched in opposite directions, and she glanced over at Clarkent. “You know a lot about horses, don’t you?”

Excerpt #4
The scissors were sharp enough to shorten her hair, and the package of blonde highlights promised to make what was left of her hair Shine Like The Morning Sun! Lifts in her shoes, dorky horn-rimmed glasses with clear lenses, and some judicious makeup would alter her appearance, as would the oversized sweater and pants stuffed with washcloths. It would also give her a convenient place to hide her revolver. So, before she lost her nerve, and before the cracked mirror over the bathroom sink could fall apart, she began the ordeal of becoming someone else to the outside world.

Excerpt #5
"All right then -- Superman. I want you to tell me *everything* about 'him'. How and why he came about. Who made the suit and why didn't you tell me about this other side of yourself."

Excerpt #6
That afternoon Lois came by the mall shortly after work and gave her the lead lined bag and some cash. That evening after Kristen got home she bought the last piece of the kryptonite crystal from her brother with the money that Lois had given her. She put the kryptonite in the lead lined purse and then stored it in her backpack. Having that stuff in her possession made her very nervous but she had no intention of letting out of her sight until she had put it safely in Lois Lane-Kent’s hands.