Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This is where you post your answers for the Kerth Quiz #2 . The correct answers and scores will also be posted in this thread.

Remember, it's not a percentage of correct answers overall, which will earn you points. It's actually showing up and posting answers and/or guesses, and having a good time. smile1 Good Luck!

Don't forget to include your recommendations!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Yay!! Next quiz, next quiz!

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Quotes:

8. The Egg by Lonnia
13. Obsessive by yours truly wink

So many familiar things...

Excerpts:

4. Game Night (one of the Matchmaker Chronicles) by KenJ
9. A Day at the Beach by NostalgiaKick
11. Maybe another Matchmaker Chronicles? KenJ?
12. Uninvited Visitor by VirginiaR (love that passage!)

Gosh, so many sound familiar, but I got nothing else for you. Oh well. Fun quiz Virginia! wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay! I recognize some of these! hyper

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Quotes
#1 Practically Married - KatherineKent
#2 Gender Bender - Shayne Terry
#3 Taking the Shortcut - IolantheAlias
#6 Encounter in the Woods - Mary Potts
#7 Memory - Bob Bartholomew
#8 The Egg - Lonnie
#9 A Day at the Beach - NostalgiaKick

Excerpt
#13 Obsessive - Mouserocks

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm fairing about as good as I did for the last quiz blush

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

smile

Quote:
#9. A Day at the Beach by NostalgiaKick

Thanks for the quiz, Virginia smile
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Virginia’s done a quiz! help

wave Michael

Edit: Skimming over the answers... this is just sad

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
**** THIS QUIZ IS NOW CLOSED ****

Apparently, I made this quiz too difficult. blush My apologies. I'll try to be easier on you guys the next time I write one up. (In my defense, this is the type of test I had to pass to get my BA in Classics, name the author and work from a quote or excerpt, so I've had a little practice :rolleyes: in this.) I did try to include one quote /excerpt from each of the authors from this category. I'll post scores later in the day on Thursday. To make it easy on you, I've included the quote and excerpt while providing the answers:

QUOTE #1: “Hi, this is the home of Lois and Clark. We’re sorry we can’t take your call but if you leave a message someone will get back to you when he can.”

EXCERPT #1: I hadn’t intended it that way. I really hadn’t. I just never found anywhere, then gradually stopped looking. Clark never once asked me how my apartment hunting was going. I thought that strange; that such a great friend would not to be interested in something so important. Looking back now I can see exactly why he never asked.

ANSWER #1: KatherineKent “Practically Married”

QUOTE #2: “I’m not working with her, Chief.” It was all he could do to keep his voice even. “She’s a rookie. I’ll spend half my time having to keep her alive.”

EXCERPT #2: The hard shove from his left was almost as unexpected as the bullet that slammed into the wall where his head hand been. He felt the warmth of her body sprawled out on his for the briefest of moments, and then it was gone.

ANSWER #2: Shane Terry “Gender Bender”

QUOTE #3: “I’m a guy,” Clark said in mock consternation. “It’s against the guy code to ask for directions.”

EXCERPT #3: The image in Clark’s mind immediately shifted to himself as Superman, flying, followed by a flying dog wearing a red cape. How did Lois have this power over him?

ANSWER #3: IolantheAlias “Taking the Shortcut”

QUOTE #4: Thinking about all that had happened he had a broad smile as he replied, “It’s a small town. What could happen?”

EXCERPT #4: She pulled out her pad computer and surfed to a dictionary site. She typed in her word and searched. She found an entry and showed it to Jon.

CHUMPY

ANSWER #4: KenJ “Game Night – MMC V1C-C”

QUOTE #5: “The truth hurts, but it also sets you free. I’ve been forced to face a few truths in the last couple of hours, and I have a feeling there are a few more waiting to show themselves to me, now that I’m willing to look. So, please, just wait for me. Don’t give up on me, ok?”

EXCERPT #5: She tried to break it off gently. She quit her job at LNN, citing personal reasons. She didn’t refuse to see Lex; she didn’t return his gifts. These moves would have made enticed him in his hunt. She tried instead to be boring — yesterday’s news. She had cut most of the ties but knew, as long as his attention, like that of a king cobra, was still on her, she wasn’t safe.

ANSWER #5: Betsy R. “Not So Ordinary After All”

QUOTE #6: “But, she’s right,” his counterpart went on. “These things you can do don’t change who you are. You were raised to be Clark Kent, and you’re still Clark Kent, and no matter how strange your life gets at times, you will always be Clark Kent.”

EXCERPT #6: Just as the heat began to well up, the man moved. Clark slammed his eyes shut, silently cursing himself. He felt something being slipped onto his face.

ANSWER #6: Mary Potts / aka Queen of Capes “Encounter in the Woods”

QUOTE #7: “Hi, honey,” she said as she entered the room. “You won’t believe what happened. Now, don’t hurt him, but would you believe that Clark Kent snuck in here and kissed me? I think you need to keep an eye on him.”

EXCERPT #7: As soon as he arrived, Zara had insisted that he get trained in controlling and using his latent telepathic abilities. Before the second week of training was complete, his abilities had grown to the point where he could communicate mentally with anyone on the planet. Shortly thereafter he realized he was hearing Lois’s thoughts.

ANSWER #7: Bobbart / Bob Bartholomew “Memory”

QUOTE #8: “I have it in my apartment. I’ve been taking care of it for him. So if anyone is having Superman’s love child, I guess I am.”

EXCERPT #8: What was it that woke her up? It was still dark outside. She looked to the balcony, a source of light from the streetlight below. A large figure was shadowed on the balcony’s rail. It looked like a man, a big man, head cocked to the side like some giant bird. Maybe she was hallucinating? Just as she decided to go investigate, the man raised his head sharply, then with a flutter of cape he was gone. A soft thud sounded just as he took off.

ANSWER #8: Lonnie “The Egg”

QUOTE #9: “Clark, I’m fine. I don’t need a first aid kit.”

EXCERPT #9: It was sometimes easy to overlook the admittedly magnificent physique he hid behind the business suits and wild ties. It wasn’t until you saw him in more casual clothes that you realised how muscular he actually was. Or in a towel, her memory reminded her. And he had the face to match the body. All in all, her partner — her best friend — was one very attractive man.

ANSWER #9: NostalgiaKick “A Day at the Beach”

QUOTE #10: “So,” she began in her usual direct, no-nonsense manner. “Do you want to go out for dinner tonight?”

EXCERPT #10: She had tried to talk to him about it. He usually just told her brusquely that there were things he had to do. He never said ‘alone,’ but the word resounded between them with every lame excuse. Sometimes she got the feeling that he wanted to tell her more, but if he did, it had never passed his lips. She had probably just imagined desperation she had sometimes glimpsed in his eyes.

ANSWER #10: Ultra Lucille “Well, That’s the Breaks!”

QUOTE #11: “Oh, by the by, we set up a nice little house-warming present for you. In around fifteen minutes the cave’s roof will collapse. I trust these last minutes shall be pleasant!”

EXCERPT #11: Marta paused; two members of her young audience were silent, their milk and cake forgotten. Michael, on the other hand, had heard his grandmother tell this story on numerous occasions. Since this was his favorite part of the tale, he allowed his usually disciplined mind to drift off and imagined himself in the role of Surman …

ANSWER #11: Morgana “Wonderous Stories”

QUOTE #12: “See, I told you! You haven’t even met her, and you’re afraid of her,” Lois went on. “She’s a horrible, evil woman, Clark! She makes you doubt yourself and those around you. She says she only wants the best for me, but I don’t think that’s true. She only wants what she wants for me, not what I want.”

EXCERPT #12: Clark’s jaw dropped. He must have misunderstood her. Hugh. Yes, she must have said that name. She couldn’t possibly mean him. Either way, his voice seemed caught in his throat, not that he knew what to say to that announcement anyway. He continued to stare at her, and she continued to stare at him as the seconds ticked past. It was as if Clark could hear every clock in the neighborhood, in the city, ticking in slow motion in his ears.

ANSWER #12: VirginiaR “Uninvited Visitor”

QUOTE #13: “May I be of some assistance, Mrs. Kent?”

EXCERPT #13: The sound of another crash brought Superman back to reality. His spine straightened and he frantically turned his head to follow the noise. The clear glass vase that had once held a collection of sand, shells and pebbles was now scattered across the hardwood floor in pieces. That was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

ANSWER #13: Mouserocks “Obsessive”

QUOTE #14: “What, you don’t think that my natural charm and good looks are enough to interest a woman like Lois Lane?”

EXCERPT #14: Whoever was doing the camera work shifted perspective to the inside of the hole. The captive was sprawled across something that resided at the bottom of the hole. When he stood up next to it they could clearly see that it was a coffin. The camera shifted to the man with the gun. There was no sound but it was evident that words were being exchanged. He gestured aggressively with the gun and the point of view shifted back to the victim in the hole. When he looked up at his captors the camera got a good, full view of his face.

ANSWER #14: Tank Wilson “Lois and Castle”

QUOTE #15: “No.” Mike replied. “I’m here to tell you that I am no longer assigned to your family as your whitelighter.”

EXCERPT #15: Clark took Lois in his arms and rose up into the air. When they were only about forty feet above the ground they suddenly shimmered into a cloud of fireflies then disappeared. The next instant they both appeared in their old bedroom and Clark glanced around in surprise.

ANSWER #15: Thomas Mc “Anniversary Gift”

QUOTE #16: “You think Superman is casing my apartment?” he teased, hoping to lighten her tension.

EXCERPT #16: Their eyes met for a long moment. In the space of a few heartbeats Lois comprehended that Clark truly meant it. She realized that he had been watching out for her since their first story together. Clark had saved her life almost as many times as Superman. He had even done one better than Superman. It had been Clark, not Superman, who breathed life back into her after Sebastian Finn tried to strangle her. It was Clark who had murmured reassurances and rocked her in his arms on her kitchen floor. She had slept on his couch that night and now he was offering her that same security.

ANSWER #16: Sue S. “Gimme Shelter”

Commence wallbash

Michael, to answer your question. I don't believe Pris ever submitted her Louis and Clara story to the Archives and I drew my list from the "new stories" list there.

I'm sorry if I missed any authors, but many stories from the list I was working from had been eligible last year, but not posted to the Archives until 2013, so I was guessing what would be eligible this year and what had been the previous year.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
To recap and score (just for this quiz. I'll do a consecutive / final score when Amber gets her scores up for Quiz #1)...

ANSWERS – Kerth Quiz #2:

1 - KatherineKent “Practically Married”
2 - Shane Terry “Gender Bender”
3 - IolantheAlias “Taking the Shortcut”
4 - KenJ “Game Night – MMC – V.1C-C”
5 - Betsy R. “Not So Ordinary After All”
6 - Mary Potts / aka Queen of Capes “Encounter in the Woods”
7 - Bobbart / Bob Bartholomew “Memory”
8 - Lonnie “The Egg”
9 - NostalgiaKick “A Day at the Beach”
10 - Ultra Lucille “Well, That’s the Breaks!”
11 - Morgana “Wonderous Stories”
12 - VirginiaR “Uninvited Visitor”
13 - Mouserocks “Obsessive”
14 - Tank Wilson “Lois and Castle”
15 - Thomas Mc “Anniversary Gift”
16 - Sue S. “Gimme Shelter”

POINTS (for this quiz only):

Lady Loisette: 2+2+2+2+2+2+2+1 = 15 Points
Mouserocks: 2+2+ STAR + 1 + 1+ 1 = 7 points + Gold Star
LMA: 2 = 2 points
Darth Michael: 1+1= 2 points

RECOMMENDATIONS: (please feel free to add more)

The Dinner Party by Mouserocks
Lois Lane Meets Clark Kent by Bob Bartholomew
Spin by Sue S.
The Egg by Lonnie / rotflol Sorry, editorializing /
Practically Married by KatherineKent
Not So Ordinary After All by Betsy R.
Taking the Shortcut by IolantheAlias
Memory by Bobbart

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
POINTS AFTER QUIZZES 1 & 2:

Virginia – 18 points & a gold star sticker
Lady Loisette – (2 points +15 Points =) 17 points
Ultra Woman - 11 points
Mouserocks – (1 point + 7 points + Gold Star =) 8 Points & a Gold Star
Darth Michael – (4 points + 2 points =) 6 points
LMA – (2 points & one gold star + 2 points =) 4 points & a Gold Star
LynnSM – 2 points & one gold star

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard