Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#169775 12/28/13 11:57 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I know relatively when the ceremony actually happened in the season, but was it ever said anywhere in the show *when* exactly Lois and Clark got married? An anniversary date?

Any guesses would be helpful. laugh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#169776 12/29/13 04:15 AM
Kerth
Kerth
It seems like it's on the wedding certificate, but I don't have a screenshot of it. I just remember it was early October. The 5th or the 6th, maybe?

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#169777 12/29/13 05:10 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
October 6th. We saw it written on their marriage license.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#169778 12/29/13 07:23 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Wow, glad I asked. :p That was precise. Thanks guys!

--Mark Twain
#169779 12/29/13 11:58 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Looky what I found! A screencap, just for you, Mouse!

L&C Marriage Certificate

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#169780 12/30/13 12:52 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
October 6th. We saw it written on their marriage license.
I always thought it strange that it took them that long to get married. From my assumptions (which could be wrong), I always placed the first wedding (the Clois arc) during and around Valentine's Day. So, between the memory loss and the NK detour, they waited until... *October* to get married? Nope. That never made sense to me. Unless Clark was gone on his NK trip a lot longer than the arc suggests, or Lois was missing and recovering a lot longer than THAT arc suggests, why in the world would they wait 8 months after they originally planned on getting hitched.

In Missing Lois, I set the wedding in the summer (July) because I couldn't see them waiting that long. It was only after I started posting that someone told me that the marriage certificate actually had a date on it. wallbash Still, it doesn't make sense to me.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#169781 12/30/13 04:09 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, the script for I Now Pronounce You... has Clark watching a basketball game on TV. Hubby says basketball season runs October to maybe June. So the whole clone and amnesia arc could have happened say, June to July, maybe August. Then the NKers could have dropped by somewhere between August and September. If that's the case, an early October wedding makes perfect sense.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#169782 12/30/13 09:14 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, the script for I Now Pronounce You... has Clark watching a basketball game on TV. Hubby says basketball season runs October to maybe June. So the whole clone and amnesia arc could have happened say, June to July, maybe August. Then the NKers could have dropped by somewhere between August and September. If that's the case, an early October wedding makes perfect sense.
Really? I always considered Basketball a winter/indoors sport played between Football (American) season and Baseball season.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#169783 12/30/13 09:33 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] Well, the script for I Now Pronounce You... has Clark watching a basketball game on TV. Hubby says basketball season runs October to maybe June. So the whole clone and amnesia arc could have happened say, June to July, maybe August. Then the NKers could have dropped by somewhere between August and September. If that's the case, an early October wedding makes perfect sense.
Really? I always considered Basketball a winter/indoors sport played between Football (American) season and Baseball season. [/b]
dizzy Well now I'm thoroughly confused. I, too, thought basketball was a winter-spring sport (hence "March Madness"), but if Clark is watching a basketball game in "I Now Pronounce You," then that's sort of mixed up. Because if basketball season was in the winter/spring, and that episode happened around Feb. (like Virginia suggests) that would make sense, but if not then what is the timeline of the episode? Because it's really about 12 episodes between the two arcs, so February to October?? Quite the jump. My guess would be that the NK thing took longer than we saw.

Of course, then again, we could just be reading a ridiculous amount of nonsense into it. It could just be a goof on the crew's part-- maybe the game was airing at the time of filming, and the writers (nerds) who write for and produce superhero tv shows (also nerds) didn't know the sports schedule for basketball when it finally aired. That would make it later. Or perhaps it's nothing at all, except that they had to push it back so that it would match the date of the comic's wedding (which I remember hearing somewhere was part of the reason for all the fakeouts). huh

My brain is tired now. Good night. thud

--Mark Twain
#169784 12/30/13 10:53 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The first try was in february. That is shown at the beginning of "I now pronounce you":

*The honor of your presence is requested at the marriage of Lois Lane and Clark Kent. Sunday, the eleventh of february at two o'clock wylie chapel Central Metropolis*

You can find a picture of it here .

Kathryn
#169785 12/31/13 12:57 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Originally posted by MouseRocks:
dizzy Well now I'm thoroughly confused. I, too, thought basketball was a winter-spring sport (hence "March Madness"), but if Clark is watching a basketball game in "I Now Pronounce You," then that's sort of mixed up.
The collegiate tournament does end in March Madness, but the NBA season goes on through mid-June.

Shallowford
#169786 12/31/13 10:09 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Kathryn84:
The first try was in february. That is shown at the beginning of "I now pronounce you":

*The honor of your presence is requested at the marriage of Lois Lane and Clark Kent. Sunday, the eleventh of february at two o'clock wylie chapel Central Metropolis*

You can find a picture of it here .
And if you take Kathryn's advice and go visit the shot by shot archive, you'll see that Clark is watching Football, not Basketball. wink Still Feb 11 - Oct. 6 is a really LONG time between weddings in my opinion.

VirginiaR.
---
#169787 12/31/13 10:42 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I hope you don't mind, Labrat, but I copied your comments from this month's FanFiction Discussion and put them here as well, because they seemed to apply to this discussion as well...

Originally posted by LabRat:
Just as a historical aside, the reason the Krypton Arc seems so pointless in many ways is because it suffered from Exec interference during the hiatus. The original plans were for a huge event, in which Clark would indeed have been gone for several months. It was planned to be a mini-movie, in essence.

But the studio balked at the cost and demanded it be pared back considerably and that Clark got back to earth ASAP, hence the abrupt turnaround.

LabRat smile
whinging At lost episodes and mini-movies.

VirginiaR.
---
#169788 12/31/13 11:34 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just started the ARGH this afternoon in my series viewing. Clark was indeed watching football. It was the script that said basketball. The clone stuff could not have taken long, since the clone's lifespan was extremely short. Days, I think, once she married Clark. So, yeah. It would have needed to be the NK stuff that lasted longer. Wish we'd seen how it was initially intended!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#169789 01/14/14 04:12 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, still in the ARGH...just finished it today. When Lois has her amnesia, and is being brainwashed as an assassin to kill Perry, it has to be late July/sometime in August. Clark is looking into Dr. Mendenhall's patients, who all had strokes.

Here's the convo:

JIMMY
These are the patients who were treated by Dr. Mendenhall, and here are the dates they were shipped off to County General.

CLARK
May 25th, July 17th...

Suddenly his face lights up.

CLARK (CONT'D)
Wait a minute. The Vice President of Sun Construction was gunned down on May 23rd and they never found his killer. And on July 15th...

JIMMY
... the head of AmerTech Labs was killed when his house blew up.

CLARK
In the last week there've been two more murders and two more stroke victims. Maybe Lois isn't imagining things. Maybe there _is_ something strange going on at the Center.
And we know the clone thing didn't last long. Lex mentions that the lifespan of the B grade clones are only about two weeks or so.

So...if we disregard the Feb wedding date, everything else lines up. The clone thing leads into the memory loss. The memory loss taking place late July to late August at the max. Then some downtime for Lois' reunion. Let's figure the NKers came in somewhere between late August to early September. Then Lois and Clark are *finally* able to say "I Do" in October.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#169790 02/23/14 07:19 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Interesting factoid. I was just watching Madame Ex and the ship captain who married Ari and Lex said THEY were married October 8th 1984, so their anniversary would have been two days after Lois and Clark's. (okay, 12 years and 2 days after -- and nobody correct my math, I know that's not EXACTLY mathematically correct, but you know what I mean).

It makes me wonder if it's just a coincidence or if there's some significant Superman comics date that happened during that week in October that both weddings were set then.

VirginiaR.
---
#169791 03/02/14 04:13 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Maybe Lois was in recovery at the hospital and then at Dr. Deter's clinic a lot longer than we are expecting. It would make Clark going crazy due to it make slightly more sense. Although, it made plenty of sense with any amount of time. Especially when she was remembering and thought she was in love with Deter. I go "argh, argh, argh" at that line.

There is also the "It's a Small World After All" but that does not add much time.

John Pack Lambert
#169792 03/03/14 09:05 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Now, bear with me here because my memory is shot and this isn't going to be helpful at all, laugh but I seem to remember FoLCs noting some glitch in one of the clone episodes - a moment or scene that had clearly been filmed as part of the original, big-budget NK arc and accidentally not removed from the final episode.

IIRC, it seemed to suggest LNC were married when they shouldn't have been.

Perhaps someone out there can recall the details. Kathy? Pam? It won't have any bearing on official dates, but it was an interesting little blooper.

LabRat (wishing her memory was more helpful)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#169793 03/03/14 09:59 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I think what Labrat means has to do with the fact, that Lois gets her new nameplate "Lois Kent" before they are actually married.

Here in Germany (afaik) you have to go to the "civil registry office" to have legal marriage, you can also marry in a Church if you want. (Please correct me if I'm wrong since I am not married.)

If that was what Lois and Clark had to do before marrying in a church Lex' kidnapping would have been too late, becaues they were already legally married.

Kathryn
#169794 03/03/14 10:23 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by Kathryn84:
I think what Labrat means has to do with the fact, that Lois gets her new nameplate "Lois Kent" before they are actually married.

Here in Germany (afaik) you have to go to the "civil registry office" to have legal marriage, you can also marry in a Church if you want. (Please correct me if I'm wrong since I am not married.)

If that was what Lois and Clark had to do before marrying in a church Lex' kidnapping would have been too late, becaues they were already legally married.
In the U.S., you can be married by a justice of the peace or by clergy. Either one is legally binding. Since Luthor kidnapped Lois and replaced her with the clone before the wedding, she and Clark weren't yet legally married.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard