Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#169690 11/21/13 11:24 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Not sure if this is where to post, but...

For some reason when I was on the archives just a few minutes ago, looking for another story to read, I noticed that it's all kind of scrambled. The sort by titles function seems okay, but the author's lists are all over the place kind of... Anybody else have this problem? Is it a quick glitch? Or is it a my-end kind of problem?

help

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#169691 11/22/13 12:53 AM
Kerth
Kerth
It's not just you, Mouse. The author's names are scrambled in amongst the story titles. Although refreshing the page seemed to improve it.

Corrina.

#169692 11/22/13 01:03 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was asleep, so this is the first I'm hearing of it and I'm not seeing an obvious problem. So it's either been some kind of temporary glitch that's fixed itself since you guys posted or I'm missing something.

If you're still seeing an issue can you point me to an example and I'll get right on it?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#169693 11/22/13 01:16 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I checked my stories because I know what should be there.

Between Time to Love 3 and Time to Love 4, there are four stories belonging to someone else, but no author's name. Then, my final three stories are listed.

The top of the Authors-F page looks scrambled - two story titles, but no authors. Then two authors are listed. I can't say for sure, but I think all the information is there, it's just jumbled.

I've refreshed a few times, but I continue to see problems.

Corrina.

#169694 11/22/13 06:28 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, just checked those pages and they look fine, so seems it may be fixed. Are they okay for you now?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#169695 11/22/13 07:36 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
So I went to check the archives again, and it's still a little mixed up. I checked my story list, and it kind of seemed okay except for one or two mixed in. I checked Yvonne Connell's story list (cuz I know hers as well as mine wink ) and it was mixed up too. It seems to scramble a bit whenever I refresh, but still not quite right. huh

--Mark Twain
#169696 11/22/13 10:32 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Very strange ...

It still looks wrong to me. There are four stories 'The Christmas Song,' 'The Naked Truth,' 'Sweet Dreams', and 'A Thousand Little Deaths' listed in the middle of my stories.

However, every time I refresh the page, the problems are in a different place. After refreshing about ten times, my stories appeared correctly, but other authors and their stories were jumbled.

I tried other author pages and encountered the same problem - bunches of stories with no listed author. Refreshing changed the problem to a different place on the page, but didn't fix it completely.

I closed down the tab and entered again - same problem. 'After the Fact' was listed with my stories. After one refresh, it's back down with the rest of Alison Forbes' stories. But the four stories mentioned above are listed under my name. confused confused confused

Corrina.

#169697 11/22/13 10:40 AM
Kerth
Kerth
OK - problem possibly solved.

I was using Google Chrome when I was having problems. I opened Internet Explorer, and everything appears just fine.

Maybe it was a Chrome problem, not a site problem.

Corrina.

#169698 11/22/13 12:40 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Huh. That is strange, Corrina. It works the same way for me. IE is showing it all correctly, but Chrome (my default browser) is still all jumbled up. I'm very confused now... anybody wanna test another browser? confused

--Mark Twain
#169699 11/22/13 01:03 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yup, seems to be a Chrome issue. I usually use Dolphin as a browser and with that eveything looks fine. When I tried Chrome just now though, I can see similar issues to the ones you've been experiencing.

I'll contact Lauren and see if she can do anything or shed any light on the problem.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#169700 11/22/13 02:04 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Huh. That is strange, Corrina. It works the same way for me. IE is showing it all correctly, but Chrome (my default browser) is still all jumbled up. I'm very confused now... anybody wanna test another browser? confused
FireFox seems to work fine.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#169701 11/22/13 05:46 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I think it's working now... dance

--Mark Twain

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard