Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#169623 10/27/13 08:30 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
This is it. Any and all information collected on Lex's various children can be placed here, thanks. wink

Information I'm looking for:

Number of kids. Who each of them were, and if known, ages and mothers. Birth order (if known).

A lot of information I don't think really exists. I know there's only a minimal amount of info on Jaxon (sp?) and there's the whole arc with Lex's deformed son and Leslie Luckabee... just general knowledge of what's available I guess is what I'm looking for. Just a quick fix for something I've been writing....

Thanks in advance!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#169624 10/28/13 08:25 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Most of what I know about Lex's kids I used in Missing Lois -- in which Jaxon plays a major role for a while -- and then I promptly forgot. I don't think I wrote it down and it would take a bunch of looking through dusty notebooks to see if I wrote any of it down. Let's see what I can recall from the top of my head...

From Virtually Destroyed: / http://loisandclarkarchive.com/ThirdSeason/VD/vd08.htm / Fourth picture in - second row (since we can't link the actual JPGs from that site) has Jaxon Xavier's bio from "data net". He's 5'4", born Nov. 12, 1962 (which makes him about 3.5 years older than Clark). His mother and Lex were never married, but apparently Lex knew Jaxon was his illegitimate son. Needless to say, Jaxon had major daddy issues because of never being "claimed" by Lex.

Lex Jr did come from a legit marriage with Lex Luthor. Apparently his mother died in a car accident. I think. I don't know if Lex Jr was in the car at the time, which is how he got disfigured (maybe Mrs. Luthor was trying to escape Lex and took their son with her?). I vaguely remember Lois saying something of the sort when Luckabee came on the scene. Anyway, Lex Jr. was raised in Australia (apparently, though only Luckabee, the actor hired by Lex JR had the accent.) I don't know if Lex Jr was supposed to be older than Jaxon or not. huh

Lex was married to Arianna Carlin during a shipboard marriage 10 years before Lois and Lex were supposed to be married (roughly 1984, I guess). We never learned how long they were married or if Ari had any children with him, but it's always possible.

In the comics canon, Lex had an affair with Alice and was the actual father of Jerome "Jerry" White (which would explain... other than his lack of father-time with Perry... his ending up in upstate prison for check fraud / writing checks that didn't belong to him and trying to kill Superman using Red K.).

Due to Lex's love of the ladies, I always assumed that he had more children than we had a chance to meet in the 4 short years of LnC. I even suggested another name in Missing Lois... Let's just say that Lex Jr had a twin sister. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#169625 10/28/13 10:03 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Close, Virginia. It was actually Jaxon and his mother that Lex claimed to have died in a car accident. That's why Jaxon was so easily upset - not only did his father not have a relationship with him, he went out of his way to say that the child was dead.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#169626 10/28/13 11:33 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
1962??

How old is Luthor supposed to be, in the L&C lexicon (no pun intended)?

I mean, I know we're supposed to get the 'rich, older guy' vibe, but that would make him well old enough to be Lois' father. Ick.

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
#169627 10/28/13 12:37 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Kismatt:
1962??

I mean, I know we're supposed to get the 'rich, older guy' vibe, but that would make him well old enough to be Lois' father. Ick.
Ick is right. I know many of you think Lex is hot razz

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#169628 10/29/13 08:19 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In the Post-Crisis comics Lex had also a daughter called Lena Luthor , named after his sister. Her mother was Contessa Erica Del Portenza, who Lex kept drugged and unconscious after the birth.

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#169629 10/29/13 11:18 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
In the 1990s comics, Lex also had a "son" from Australia. I don't want to spoil the story-line for anyone who hasn't read it, so I will not explain why I put quotation marks around word "son," but if you are interested and don't mind being spoiled, I'd be happy to elaborate in a private communication.

Joy,
Lynn

#169630 10/29/13 06:10 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Kismatt:
1962??

Ick is right. I know many of you think Lex is hot I never saw it. But then I never saw what Monica saw in Pres. Bill. Actually, I saw more of why with Lex than Bill.
Yeah, that's kind of been my problem. I'm working off of John Shea's birthday being 1949, which would make him 44 at canon start. But the dates of his kids don't exactly make sense with that. I remember in Lois' interview with Lex she brought up that he bought his first major company at 21 (I think? confused ) and there's so many kids that come out of the woodwork that it's hard to keep it all straight. dizzy Thanks for all the info guys! Keep it coming if you've got more!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#169631 10/30/13 02:34 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Did a little digging into Lex (skimmed through these scripts and took some notes, and then double checked the info with the DVDs)...

In the episode ME...
Lex and Arianna Carlin (psychologist) were married--before Lex had made something of himself--by Capt. Keene on Oct. 8, 1984, and divorced 10 years later. (The script says they were married on Oct. 7, 1980, and have been divorced for 15 years).

In the episode VD...
Jaxon Xavier "X" Luthor was born 11/12/1962 and is 5'4". They also say that Jaxon is Lex's illegitimate son. He owns the Virtual Reality Center in Metropolis. He is a genius and a pioneer in virtual reality. Jaxon wants to take over Lex's empire. He used to work for Lex Luthor at Lex Corp--but no one knew he was Lex's son. Lex told Lois that Jaxon and the boy's mother were killed in a car accident.

In the episode FTASV...
Lex Luthor Jr. is Lex's son, who has someone pretend to be Leslie Luckabee (Australian)--the new owner of the Daily Planet--above ground so he (LL Jr.) could live vicariously through him. We find out that Lex was too busy building his business to have time to see LL Jr. He is uncomfortable above ground. He was raised in seclusion and reared by servants behind walls. LL Jr. describes himself as a "lonely disfigured troll hidden from the world by embarrassed parents who couldn't look at him--even in his one good eye" (The script says that Lex Luthor Jr. is in his "late 20's").

In the episode SOAD...
Lex Luthor Jr. finds out that Clark Kent is Superman from a recording Lex made.

In the episode VFTP...
LL Jr. didn't see much of his father, Lex, while he was growing up. He says that he was educated behind high walls--where his father visited once. LL Jr. was born in Hong Kong, his mother died in childbirth, and Lex then sent him to live in Australia. LL Jr. states that he was a "bitter disappointment" to his father.

***one thing I could not find--and am curious about--is the relationship of LL Jr.'s mother to Lex. I assume they were married, but must have missed it? I just caught when Clark was telling Lois, at their home on the sofa, about how LL Jr.'s mother died in childbirth...

I know a lot of the info I just typed out was mentioned already, but it was easier to just go off of what I already had written down blush

Lex she brought up that he bought his first major company at 21 (I think? )
--yep, you are correct dance ...it was said in the Pilot that Lex took over his first company at the age of 21

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
#169632 10/30/13 05:35 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Also, Lex was orphaned at age 13 I think. (checks script) Oops. 14 it says. Maybe losing his parents so young affected the way he viewed his own kids. Like he did fine without his folks around, so it didn't matter that he was never around for his own kids. Something to think about.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#169633 10/30/13 06:05 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It's 13 in one episode and 14 in another. (Barbarians at the Planet/The Pilot).

Guess you can pick one!

Molly
#169634 10/30/13 07:06 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by LNCroxmysox:
It's 13 in one episode and 14 in another. (Barbarians at the Planet/The Pilot).

Guess you can pick one!
Or maybe he's lying.

VirginiaR.
---
#169635 10/31/13 05:09 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Or maybe he's lying.
Good point--how much can we really trust any of what Lex says? dizzy

#169636 11/02/13 01:27 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Ari says that she has not been known as Mrs. Luthor for 10 years, so evidently she and Lex got divorced almost immediately.

How the captain saying Lex was not anyone big then, but Harrison having gotten fired by Lex just before he could have retired I do not know.

John Pack Lambert
#169637 11/02/13 01:35 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Maybe when Lex became an orphan at 13/14 he went and got a woman pregnant, and that was where Jaxon came from. Such could happen.

I always got the impression that Lex had only admitted to Lois about one previous child, and about no marriages. So there may well have been a child killed in a car accident along with said child's mother, but that was not neccesarily Jaxon.

John Pack Lambert
#169638 11/04/13 10:13 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
In the episode ME:
Lex and Arianna Carlin (psychologist) were married--before Lex had made something of himself--by Capt. Keene on Oct. 8, 1984, and divorced 10 years later. (The script says they were married on Oct. 7, 1980, and have been divorced for 15 years).
--whoops, my mistake...I had meant to write that 'they had been divorced for 10 years', at the time of ME.

So if Lex took over his first company at the age of 21 and married Arianna b/f he had made something of himself, would that mean that he would have been younger than 21 when they got married? But then you throw the wedding date of 1984 into it meaning, yeah, they got divorced almost immediately...which would have Lex way too young overall for the storyline. I'm guessing that he got someone pregnant with Jaxon when he was very young like John mentioned, got married to Arianna after this first company takeover--which maybe wasn't that big of a business deal (meaning he still hadn't made anything 'big' of himself). They got divorced. Then there was something with a woman in Hong Kong to produce Lex Luthor Jr., and the woman died in childbirth. (LL Jr. was supposed to be in his 20's--to throw another time-line date into things)....then etc, etc....

But like was said, who knows for sure where Lex and accuracy/truth resides...but it's nice to have some sort of vague idea now confused

#169639 11/09/13 08:31 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yeah, and just because one retired ship captain said that Lex wasn't anybody important in 1984 doesn't mean Lex wasn't. The captain might've just been out of touch. Maybe Lex was well-known in the business world but hadn't really yet achieved celebrity status.

Oh, the possibilities...

Molly

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard