Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Oh, Wendy. To leave us there is mean. I *so* wanted them to kiss!!

The title of the next series - Betrayed - seems to hint that Lex is out for blood. I expect part 2 of the series to be a bit nasty, and the third part of the trilogy to be the most satisfying.

Unfortunately, we have to go to part 2 to get to part 3 (darn mathematics)

Bravo...great series!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah I was wondering how you were going to pull this off in just 2 parts<g> Now I see you were planing on a continuation series. Ok, I think that is fair<g> Hopefully you won't make us wait long. Good job setting the stage with this one. Lex isn't going to be a happy camper. I wonder how long it will take for Lois to rebuild the Planet and find Clark. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool She have something that remember Clark.

And, now that she thought about it, she found herself wondering whether Lex was a part of it as well. It was his world, after all. Why should she have assumed that he, among all the corporate types at those gatherings, should be completely above board and ethical? Or that he’d be the one man who would never break his marriage vows?

I'm no saint, Lois. I've done questionable things in pursuing success.

And was still doing them, perhaps?

The disloyal thought took Lois by surprise... and made her wonder. Why, in all this time, had she never dug deeper into the public façade - even the private persona - that was Lex Luthor? She never had managed to get that in-depth interview, had she?

Instead, she’d married him, and been assimilated into his world as a consequence.
thumbsup Good! Finally asking herself questions about Luthor.

She would go back to Metropolis and ask Lex for a divorce. It was the fairest, most honest thing she could do in the circumstances. And it was what she needed for herself. Not only because of her feelings for Clark, but because Clark had shown her what a part of her had known all long: that she wasn’t happy.

And, at the same time, she would contact everyone influential she knew in the newspaper business. Lex had told her that there was no way that the Planet could be rebuilt but, now that she thought about it, she wasn’t sure that she was entirely convinced by that. After all, there had to have been insurance money. So with that and some bank loans, if she could find people willing to stand as guarantor, it had to be possible to reopen the Planet.

Then she would search Metropolis - and Smallville, Kansas - if she had to, for a reporter named Clark. It couldn’t be that hard to find him - after all, how many Clarks could there be whose parents lived on a farm three miles outside Smallville? She’d offer Clark a job... and more, if he’d have her. When the time was right for both of them.
thumbsup Lois have a plan.

hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy!
I have really enjoyed this gentle journey of discovery Lois has gone through. I really felt that as a reader, I was able to fall in love right along with her.

The bonus of having some familiarity with the characters allowed me to imagine what Clark was thinking at the same time, but I know that your version (meaning the parts to come) will be much better.

I love the tangents that Lois goes off on in her mind. You do wonders with giving a voice to the characters.

Can't wait for Betrayed!
~sunkist

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Top Banana
Top Banana
Aw, Wendy, you just left us hanging! You call this The End? wink

That almost kiss was so... heartwrenching. You are mean. <g>

I was imagining the sequel would be something like Winter Dreaming or Summer Waking, but maybe that's because I am unoriginal. <g> Post Betrayed soon!

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Clark could not contain himself: called his parents, went swimmig in "her" lake (a rather sexy thing to do}and touched her in an explicit way.But his dismay may be doubled edged. If Lex is what he appears to be,( the legitimate business man} perhaps Clark is not what he seems.Clark may be a tab reporter, or in Lex's employ ( a scary thought). So he falls in love with a marred woman-his boss' wife.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ooh, I love this whole story. I love all of Lois' thoughts, and her realizations about her marriage. And the conversations with Clark were great. Though I'm wondering where Clark had been staying. wink

I'm both dreading and waiting for Betrayed. Dreading, because I know Lex's reaction won't be good, and waiting, because I know it will be an excellent story, and a great middle.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Top Banana
Top Banana
OK, I can handle the ending if there is more to come.

Lois needs to put that plan into action and follow her heart.

Looking forward to Clark's point of view.

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great part, Wendy! clap clap clap
I am not falling in love with Clark! Lois protested to herself ...
I do not want to touch him...
She really had a bad case of missing her husband. That was all it was.
Clark wasn't coming. and it was a good thing, really
Lois, poor darling, are you trying to hypnotize yourself again, aren't you?

Clark's presence over the past few days had made start to feel.. to think... to suspect... To worry that she was dissatisfied with her life.
Lois is basically an honest person, she cannot lie for long, even to herself: when the novelty of her new life began to die, she has understood it's shallow and superficial, and so that it's not for her.
She is recognizing all of this by herself, but her encounter with Clark is an awakening: she do knows her new life is not fulfilling and her marriage not the right thing for her.
The not-kiss hit the mark: she admitted her feelings but without felt guilt because them.
And so now:
it was time she did something about that, she resolved firmly.(...) She would go back to Metropolis and ask Lex for a divorce.
she would contact everyone influential she knew in the newspaper business. Lex had told her that there was no way that the Planet could be rebuilt but, now that she thought about it, she wasn't sure that she was entirely convinced by that.
then she would search Metropolis- and Smallville, Kansas - if she had to, for a reporter named Clark.
And if I understand correctly this
now that she thought about it, she found herself wondering whether Lex was a part of it as well. It was his world, after all. Why should she have assumed that he, among all the corporate types at those gatherings, should be completely above board and ethical? Or that he'd be the one man who would never break his marriage vows?
I'm no saint, Lois. I've done questionable things in pursuing success.
And was still doing them, perhaps?
she's going to investigate Lex as well!

All of this by yourself?

An advice, Lois: first thing go to search for Clark, ans so you'll have a good partner and shoulder for your plans!

I loved the pearl-moment, Wendy!

Simona smile

P.S. from SJH
perhaps Clark is not what he seems.Clark may be a tab reporter, or in Lex's employ (a scary thought)
very scary, indeed! shock
Never thought about it! You aren't going for this angle, are you, Wendy?! eek
Well, your talent could make this a wonderful story! wink

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
As this one ended I was thinking that maybe Wendy was setting up a Tank challenge wink

Why did you decide on short, linked stories instead of a many parted longer one? I was just curious as it will make Kerth voting more difficult.

THis promises to be a lovely, long adventure but the next title seems to be dangerous. Hummm, Lex getting jealous of Clark....

Looking forward to the next volume!

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm wondering about your next story's title too...
WHO is betrayed by WHOM? Lois by Lex? Lex by Lois? Lois by... Clark??? Or Clark by Lois????
There are so many interesting possibilities...
When is your next story going to be on the boards?
Hoping very soon,

Simona smile

Kerth
Kerth
Cool... but I'm not sure Lex is going to give the divorce so easily frown

Jose : clap

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW, this is excellent. smile1

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, as frustrating as that non-kiss was, so typically Clark was the whole situation. He just couldn't react in any other way!

I loved the way you left us. Hungering for more!

No, honestly, Lois realized she loved Clark, she wants out of the marriage to Lex (hooray!!!!!). Like all the others, I can't wait for the sequels.

Sira - wondering about 'Betrayed' like everybody else.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
The end?? What do you mean, "the end"???? AAAACK! wink

Wendy, what a great story, and like everyone above who has also complained about this, I'm going to whine too - how could you leave us here?? No kiss? And they were SO close. I loved the way you led up to it, and I always like it when Clark's hand is shaking just a little bit. wallbash

How long do we have to suffer before we get to see "Betrayed"??

P.S. for some reason, it bothered me that Clark's teeth aren't perfect - I always thought they looked pretty darn close. wink

Loved it. MORE PLEASE!! The sooner the better.

Vicki (who really misses everyone)

The world is made up of three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
R
Ray Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
R
It's interesting that Lois only needed the right impetus to come to the realization that she married Lex for all the wrong reasons, that she had and will never have anything in common with him, that he'll never respect her work, ideas, drive, that he just doesn't understand anything about this woman he married except that she's beautiful, smart and someone he thinks he can mold into the perfect trophy wife. I'm looking forward to having Lois set him straight on *that*!
What gets me about Lois, in all of these situations, is WHY she didn't think about all of this BEFORE she married Luthor. She goes off blindly happy that the famous Lex Luthor wanted her and she's happy to accept his marriage proposal and not two months later she's unhappy already! Is she fickle, or just a gold digger? And why shouldn't Lex expect her to be his trophy wife? She didn't complain about his treatment of her, not that she's been treated badly by the way. It's not as if she didn't know what she was getting into before she said yes. Or was she drugged into accepting?

I've never understood how the strong, independent career woman she claims to be can be so easily manipulated into marrying Luthor by bombing the Planet. Were there NO other papers in the country she could have taken her 3 Kerth awards to? Nope I guess not. The Planet is gone so she might as well get married and live in the lap of luxury. Makes perfect sense to me.

I suppose all of this sudden change of heart is perfectly acceptable though because Lois doesn't love Lex and was only biding her time, enjoying Lex's money until someone better came along. Now that she's found someone she can love it's time to tell Lex "sorry honey I've found someone else, I want a divorce!" Is this the kind of woman you can respect? If you can please explain it to me.

Betrayed is a perfect title for the next story. As much as you might hate Lex, and we DON'T know this Lex is a bad guy, he's the one who is being betrayed by his new bride of two months. And personally I find it hard not to find fault with him being angry. If you would be perfectly honest with yourself and if it were anyone else in this situation, wouldn't the agrieved husband's anger be perfectly understandable? I venture to say you would.

Ray

Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by Ray:
I've never understood how the strong, independent career woman she claims to be can be so easily manipulated into marrying Luthor by bombing the Planet. Were there [b]NO other papers in the country she could have taken her 3 Kerth awards to? Nope I guess not. The Planet is gone so she might as well get married and live in the lap of luxury. Makes perfect sense to me.

[/b]
Actually, Ray, keep in mind that Lois was manipulated by Lex. *Any* woman, no matter how strong or independent they are, can fall to manipulation.

Just something that people seem to forget about controlled women when they ask "How could she allow him to do that to her?". It may not seem like he's controlled her, but he has in his own way.

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
I'm not sure what is going on with Lois , but it's not munipulation, not as I understand it. Women that are controlled or manipulated believe themselves in love or emotionally attached in some way to the controller. Some believe the control is for their behalf: he does (fill in the blank) because he loves me.
Lois found Lex attractive, his attentions flattering, but love for him not part of the equation. Why did our gal marry, of all people, Lex? A man she neither knew {her words} nor loved {again her words).It was'nt because she was "manipulated" into it, certainly.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Merriwether
Merriwether
It's interesting how people's own experiences can color whether they feel a story is in character or not. One of my very good friends is beautiful (has done modeling), brilliant (PhD in a scientific field), business-savvy (works in a high-visibility field to high praise), ambitious, well-traveled and well-spoken. In short, she has "the whole package". She also had a rotten childhood with poor parental/marital role models and, as such, has made some extremely poor choices when it comes to her love life. The entire time I watched L&C on television, I was struck by how much like Lois she is.

She's had one long-term abusive relationship, several medium-term relationships with men who were clearly all wrong for her (including accepting an engagement ring from one who we are pretty sure now was gay -- fortunately, she decided she couldn't go through with the wedding), and numerous flings of short duration. It was obvious that for years she chose men who were "safe" -- who she felt no serious emotional attachment to and therefore couldn't hurt her -- to protect herself. She even had a man in a supervisory role at one job steal credit for her work in retaliation for her refusing to date him. (She brought sexual harassment charges and won, but was still forced to leave the job due to intolerable conditions.)

She's married now, to a workaholic who puts family second to everything else in his life -- and yes, she had doubts before the marriage, but went through with it anyway for many of the same reasons Lois agreed to marry Lex. She fell in love with him because of his good qualities (he's not a bad guy, just very self-centered), talked herself into ignoring his bad ones ("he'll change after the wedding"), and, most applicably to our Lois, she believed that there were no ideal men out there, so she'd never be able to do better anyway.

So do I have any problem believing that a Lois Lane who has never met a Clark Kent/Superman would be flattered by the attentions of Lex Luthor and eventually agree to marry him? Absolutely none. I know "Lois"; I stood up at her wedding. It doesn't make her a bad person or a gold digger, and especially not 'deserving of everything she gets'. It makes her human.

Kathy

N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Very inventive scenario on how Lois 'sees the light'. This was a goody. Her denial is there, her doubts, her progress....and, like, our girl Scarlett, she's not going to make the same mistake twice; she'll figure out how to find Rhett, er, Clark.

Nicely done! (I too love smoochies, but this felt whole anyway.)

Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard