Next Thread
Print Thread
#169244 06/08/13 03:52 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
Is there anywhere where someone has ever given Ellen Lane a maiden name? I ask because I have decided to write some fan fiction in which I decide to apply the fact that Terri Hatcher's mother was half Syrian to my portrayal of Lois Lane. This means I now have to make Ellen Lane half Syrian, and so I am trying to figure out how to do that. So I figured if someone had given her a name I would decide if her mother or father should be Syrian.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've never heard of Ellen Lane's maiden name in LnC canon, but you could always make Sam Lane be half-Syrian (from his mother), if you wanted and then you don't have to worry about the name. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I'll check my Superman encyclopedia and see if it's mentioned.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
I'll check my Superman encyclopedia and see if it's mentioned.
I guess even if it is mentioned I can just chose to ignore it, since it is not well known enough for people to object to things going another way.

John Pack Lambert
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
There's no mention of a maiden name for Ellen. It listed several relatives of Lois, including an Aunt Brainard from the 40's, but it didn't indicate how she was related and whether that was her married name. I think you can safely ignore any extended family that Lois picked up over the years, since the only regulars seem to be Lucy, Ellen, and Sam.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Let's not forget Uncle Mike! laugh

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
I don't think even Uncle Mike has a last name, so I can give him whatever name I give as Ellen's maiden name. In my working copy right now it is Bagdi, but I am not sure I will keep that, the whole scene is a bit too forced. Of course this is really alt-world Uncle Mike, but Lois does not know it yet.

John Pack Lambert
Merriwether
Merriwether
I know the post is a month old, but Uncle Mike does indeed have a last name -- it's Mike Lane. smile Presumably he's Sam's brother.

From the "Church of Metropolis" script:

LOIS & CLARK

The New Adventures of Superman

"Church of Metropolis"

TEASER

FADE IN:

1 EXT. AMERICANA CAFE METROPOLIS SOUTHSIDE DAY #1 1

A charming bistro, empty but for LOIS and CLARK sitting at
an outdoor table, amid the remains of an enormous meal.
Lois' UNCLE MIKE LANE, a hearty ex Marine, comes out of the
restaurant brandishing two massive slabs of cake.
That's not to say that you couldn't give Ellen a brother named Mike, too, but the Uncle Mike from the show is a Lane.

Kathy

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard