Print Thread
#169232 06/01/13 12:24 PM
H
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
H
Hi there,
Coming out of lurkdom for a sec to see if this story sounds familiar to anyone. I posted it on the Zoomway message board a few weeks ago with only one response (and it wasn't the story I was thinking of)

I remember reading a story awhile back that takes place post-Oedipus Rex. Nothing huge happens - Lois and Clark talk through what happened and I remember a scene where they go get coffee or a late dinner or something. I also remember the author saying they wrote it with the intention of giving some closure to the arc, since the next episode takes place with no real mention of what they went through. Am also thinking that Clark reminds Lois her apartment has been rented and she moves in with him.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I've done a keyword search for Oedipus Rex but can't seem to find the right story.

Thanks!

#169233 06/02/13 01:04 AM
Kerth
Kerth
The episode title was Oedipus Wrecks, I think.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#169234 06/02/13 05:13 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I started a search on the Archive Database, but unfortunately didn't have time to complete it. If you go here:

Archive Database

and use Oedipus Wrecks as a search you should come up with all of the stories currently on the Archive dealing with this episode. You can check the story summaries on the entries to see if anything rings a bell and gets you a step closer to finding this one.

Unless someone comes up with a title and author first, of course. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#169235 06/02/13 12:07 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I looked over at IolantheAlias's story recommendations over on the discussion thread for Forget Me Not/Oedipus Wrecks discussion thread and the only one she described, which might fit your description is:
Wendy Richards, in A Time To Rebuild , has Lois and Clark working through their painful memories and setting things right.
Feel free to de-lurk anytime you like. wave

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#169236 06/04/13 09:58 AM
H
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
H
Nope, not it, but thanks for the response. Am beginning to think I imagined this....

#169237 06/04/13 08:05 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Try these - it's been a while since I read them so I don't remember how well they fit your criteria:

Arc Talk, by Jennifer Adkins
Remember Now What We Forgot, by Demi

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#169238 06/07/13 01:42 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Am also thinking that Clark reminds Lois her apartment has been rented and she moves in with him.
This part is in Forget Me Not, Redux . But there are no coffee or dinner. huh

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#169239 06/09/13 04:51 PM
H
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
H
Thanks, Ultra Woman. That's not what I remembered either, but it's a sweet story that I haven't read in awhile. Was nice to revisit.

Am thinking maybe I am combining two or more stories together in my head. I tend to read fic in spurts, so maybe I read similar stories back to back one day and linked them together.

At any rate, thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard