Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#169169 05/07/13 03:09 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I think at one point we had three people who were all posting stories set during "Green Green Glow of Home" at once. My general take is that authors are almsot always writing things that are different enough that no one feels there is too much overlap.

John Pack Lambert
#169170 05/08/13 10:27 AM
Kerth
Kerth
There are often ideas that seem totally obscure, then three stories come along more or less simultaneously on similar lines. Or independently occur to different authors who are unaware of eachother's work, of course. For example, I was once criticised for plagiarising a Harry Potter story I'd never read, because I'd killed the same character in the same rather silly way as in the original story, and described it in similar terms.

But when it comes down to it, there really aren't that many different ways to describe Rita Skeeter flying into a bug zapper...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#169171 05/08/13 09:13 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
How many 'snowbound' fics have we had with Lois driving the Jeep off the road and the two of them getting stuck somewhere remote? I can recall three off the top of my head.

Nuff said! Post away!

smile

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
#169172 05/09/13 02:36 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Post!

Proceed with all the precautions that make you feel comfortable and then do the above. We look forward to hearing from you. wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#169173 05/09/13 10:53 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
You're way beyond me with having a 65,000 word story. If I had one I'd post it.

I might have some fun, too. Would probably start the thread off as Part 1 of 3192...
evil

Shallowford
#169174 05/09/13 01:52 PM
magical Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
lol That cracked me up. I am gonna post, I just will probably wait a bit to let things wind down in the other story.

Clark: "Lois, you know, I really hope someday that you learn, that sometimes what it seems like people are doing isn't what they're really doing."
Lois: "What are you, a fortune cookie?"
#169175 05/10/13 08:49 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I would say it's no big deal. I started writing Contractually Bound right along the same time that Corrina was writing The Wedlock Wall. Her story inspired me to set mine on Krypton (and to mess with Kal's family a bit - that is, giving him siblings), so I just made a note acknowledging that fact. It wasn't a problem.

Besides, how many times do we see someone post a fic, only to have someone else pick up on a theme/story thread and spin it into a new challenge? (Which, by the way, I think is *awesome*.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard