Next Thread
Print Thread
#169146 05/04/13 07:55 AM
M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
I'm looking for a beta reader for a short-ish story I'm working on. It's 16kb so far, and it will be either twice that or 3-4 times that length when I'm done. I think I've decided to go with two different endings, so I want to write two different second halves.

I'm mostly looking for feedback on two different concerns:

1. It's a pretty dialogue-heavy story, and I'm worried that I don't have enough narrative in between.

2. I'm worried that a conversation between Clark and another character doesn't make much sense. I want to reveal something about the other character afterwards when he's talking to Lois, but I don't want to leave the reader too frustrated in the meanwhile. I get frustrated when I read a story and then feel forced to re-read it just to make any sense of what's going on. I don't want to write a story that I'd hate to read myself. blush

I'm also wondering where or whether I should break it up for posting purposes. I think that what I've got would be a good first chapter, then resolve the tension in the second chapter, but I'd like an opinion on that.

I've got another story in the works and several more ideas for stories. I think they will turn out to be much longer than what I've written before. If someone wants to beta just this story, that would be perfectly fine, but if someone wants to be a prospective beta on my future stories, it would be great to already have a go-to person. I'm a slow, sporadic writer, and I don't expect anyone to put tons of time into this. Also, because I'm so sporadic, I'd like to finish a story before I start posting it so as not to frustrate the readers.

I don't have any plans for more cross-overs with Dr. Who. My first story was all I have interest in on that front, so don't let that be a turn-off if you're otherwise interested in helping me. smile

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I would be willing to try my hand at beta reading. I will try to give helpful points on improving things. If you want me to try to help just send me an email.

John Pack Lambert
M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
Thanks. I'll PM you.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard