Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#169128 05/01/13 09:32 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I know that we love our B-Plot / Romance driven fics on this site. Are there many long A-Plot driven FanFics (15+ parts) in which Lois still doesn't know or have any clue at the end that CK=SM? (Or has super powers or came from another planet... no cheating by pointing out fics where she's the alien, or Clark never becomes a hero, etc.)

The only one which jumps to mind is Nan's excellent Vampire Murders (WIP, so who knows? Well, besides Nan.)

Thanks.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#169129 05/07/13 02:53 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
What about long fics where Lois knows CK=SM beofre they start, do they count? I mean, if we did that we could put "Missing Lois" into the set since she knows CK=SM long before the story starts.

John Pack Lambert
#169130 05/07/13 03:03 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
What about long fics where Lois knows CK=SM beofre they start, do they count? I mean, if we did that we could put "Missing Lois" into the set since she knows CK=SM long before the story starts.
Nope. I'm curious if there are any long fics out there where Lois is still in the dark at the end. If she knows before it starts, and loses her memory that doesn't work either.

Chickberry and I were discussing fics and we couldn't think of a single long fic that kept Lois in the dark from beginning to end. There's just something about long fics, which say "revelation" to us. laugh I was just curious if anyone could prove us wrong.

Psst. And in ML Alt-Lois doesn't know at the beginning but finds out before the end, so technically, that doesn't count either. wink

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#169131 05/08/13 03:31 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There are Time to Love 1 - Weekend in Smallville and Time to Love 2: First Days in Metropolis . I don't know if they count because they are from a series, but they are the only long fics I remember where Lois doesn't find out the truth.

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#169132 05/08/13 07:19 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Ultra Woman:
There are Time to Love 1 - Weekend in Smallville and Time to Love 2: First Days in Metropolis . I don't know if they count because they are from a series, but they are the only long fics I remember where Lois doesn't find out the truth.

Andreia
Sorry, Andreia, as they are part of a series in which Lois learns about Clark's special talents, they can't count.

VirginiaR.
---
#169133 05/08/13 04:41 PM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Hmm, I might be remembering wrong because it's been years since I read it, but what about Starwood in Aspen, by LynnM? I don't recall that having a revelation in it, and it's pretty long.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
#169134 05/08/13 05:59 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by John Lambert:
[b] What about long fics where Lois knows CK=SM beofre they start, do they count? I mean, if we did that we could put "Missing Lois" into the set since she knows CK=SM long before the story starts.
Nope. I'm curious if there are any long fics out there where Lois is still in the dark at the end. If she knows before it starts, and loses her memory that doesn't work either.

Chickberry and I were discussing fics and we couldn't think of a single long fic that kept Lois in the dark from beginning to end. There's just something about long fics, which say "revelation" to us. laugh I was just curious if anyone could prove us wrong.

Psst. And in ML Alt-Lois doesn't know at the beginning but finds out before the end, so technically, that doesn't count either. wink [/b]
But I was focusing on canon-Lois, not alt-Lois, and she never had it reavealed to her. OK, you are right there is a revelation, but still.

John Pack Lambert
#169135 05/08/13 06:25 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think LabRat writes fics where there isn't a revelation but I'm not totally sure about this.

#169136 05/08/13 09:09 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
There was.... Epiphany by LabRat, but it wasn't long (and there's an nFic version wink )

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard