Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Suggestions for Super Hero names.

I am soliciting names to be used in my Matchmaker series.

I am following the naming convention I outlined in the end notes of Lois Lane – Mother of Utopia – Volume 1 of the set. The Kent children are using their Kryptonian names, all except Lara who is using Ultra Woman 2

Celeste’s Kryptonian name is Noel.
Jessica’s Kryptonian name is Hazel.
Lucy’s Kryptonian name is Angel.

The spouses who are granted superpowers through the use of the Star Sapphire/Red Kryptonite pendants all need names for their super personas.
Sam’s wife Alice is Kryptonian and Alice is her Kryptonian name, however she will need a superpersona as well.

The children have been introduced in earlier stories and their spouses were introduced in the “First Love” series of stories in the archive. http://www.lcfanfic.com/stories/2012/firstlov.txt

If you haven't read this story/series you can in fairly short order, it isn't that long. Reading this series could stimulate ideas.

Please post your suggestions.

The best will be used later in Volume 6 which is currently being posted.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
If you wish, you're welcome to use VitaLad (or, for a female, "VitaLass"). I came up with VitaLad when I adapted my Todd stories for posting on Amazon.com. I removed all references to Superman and to L&C. In my revised stories, there are no RL superheroes; VitaLad is a Saturday morning cartoon. (In case your curious, I made the father in my adaptation of "The Diagnosis" into a firefighter, and called the adapted version, "The Fires of Autism.")

Anyway, all of that is to say that I had to go through a *lot* of names before I found a superhero-type name that hadn't already been used in the comics. If it would suit your purposes, feel free to use it. ("VitaMan" had already been taken, incidentally -- more's the pity. I liked the subtle pun inherent in the name.)

I just Googled VitaLass and saw that that name hadn't been used before; I don't think it is as visually appealing as its male counterpart, though.

Joy,
Lynn

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks Lynn for the suggestion. I'll keep it in mind.

Vita Lass and Vita Lad. I wonder which of the spouses could use them.

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What a fun game! Let me re-read the "First Love series" <<oh, what torture! wink >> sometime this week and see what I can come up with. I *love* brainstorming.

Are you saying that the spouses who aren't partial Kryptonian will have "official" or just non-official Kryptonian names? Or they just need superhero names for their Star Sapphire personas? Have all of them assumed the mantle of a superhero (taken on the cause)? Or have any of them rejected it, like canon Lois originally did at the end of UW?

Do you have a list of all the Kent hero names? Oh, wait. They're all included in the First Love series, right? wallbash It's been a long night.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

I think I will have to give the Kryptonian names of the guys.

Jon was the one that started the ball rolling on the kids using their Kryptonian names back in Halloween in Smallville.

The super spouses do not have to use pseudo-Kryptonian names. I am looking for things like Superman, but please, nothing like Resplendent Man.

I could use more girl's names, however the convention is that the name ends in el. The examples given are Hazel, Noel and Angel. Lucy's Angel persona wears an all white costume with angel wings adorning her 'S' crest.

The super spouses will also need a device for their chest. I will take suggestions for those as well.

For instance Celeste's husband is an MPD detective but a policdman's shield on his chest could compromise his secret identity.

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A little aside on naming super heroes. I saw this scene on Big Bang Theory tonight (yes, I know I'm a little behind on my viewing) but I thought it was apropos. I'm guessing, Ken, nothing in this vein? wink

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Ken:
I just starting reading First Love (again). I have a suggestion. Simply list the Kent name of the superhero and their superhero name along with the mundane name of their spouse. ("mundane name" is term for the legal name of a person in the Society of Creative Anachronisms). I think that would be clearer and help untangle the large list of Lois and Clark's children we are talking about. Also the profession of the partner could give us a clue too.
An example would be:
Clark (Superman) and Lois (Ultra Woman)
Lara (Ultra Woman II) and Mike (Ultra Man)
Sean (whatever his name is) and Heather (Golden Thistle) since she's from Scotland.
etc.
That might speed things up.
Also since the kids are scattered across the country and patrolling in pairs now, having the formerly human partner with a similar name would make sense.
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Pursuant to Artemis’ suggestion – here is the rundown.

The children, all except Lara, use their Kryptonian names as their super personas. Lara uses Ultra Woman 2.

All of the children have inherited the dark coloration of their parents and the slight almond shape to the eyes from their father.

Each of the spouses, after three years have elapsed and their physiology has been modified by exposure to the Kryptonian aura of their spouse can use the pendant to have the same powers. Since they are almost all Earth human they are not adopting Kryptonian names and therefore need a super persona to hide their true identity.

As the current story opens the spouses have all remained undercover, helping from the shadows the way Alt-Clark did in the early part of Tempus Anyone.

Head researcher at STAR Labs and eldest son, Jonathan Kent AKA Kam-El
Uniform is black/yellow/red simply substituting black for Clark's blue.
Is married to Jennifer (Jen) Jenkins, who is a beautiful blond and is an elementary school teacher. Jennifer's uniform will carry on that color scheme.

Lawyer, eldest daughter and first wed was Lara Kent AKA Ultra Woman 2.
Ultra Woman 2's uniform is reversed colors of Ultra Woman's. Primarily teal with a hot pink cape.
She had married Michael (Mike) Lee who was also a lawyer in the same firm.

ER Physician and eldest twin, Sean Kent AKA Dan-El,
uniform brown and green
had married Heather MacLeod a beautiful red haired Scott who was an Environmental Engineer.

Sean’s twin sister and Family Practice physician, Celeste Kent AKA Noel,
Noel's uniform is green and red
had married William (Wild Bill) Davidson an MPD Detective.

Jessica, the Ob/Gyn of the family AKA Hazel,
Uniform is hazel (a greenish brown) and red.
had married Richard (Rich) Stuart an Anthropo-Archeologist.

The computer whiz of the family, James Perry Kent AKA Zar-El,
orange and brown
had married Margaret (Peg) Dennis a dark haired beauty who was also a computer whiz.

Youngest daughter and Child Psychologist, Lucy AKA Angel
Angel's uniform is a white two piece with angel wings attached to her 'S' crest
had married Robert (Rob) Jackson a Biochemist.

Director of the Superman Foundation and the youngest of the first generation, Sam Kent AKA Ben-El
purple and red
had married Alice. Alice was the only other fully Kryptonian member of the family, she also has dark hair and was from New Krypton. She will need a super persona since she uses her Kryptonian name as her married name Alice Kent.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Might I suggest also looking at the book The Last Days of Krypton by Kevin J. Anderson? There are several great names in the Cast of Characters list!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ken, have any of the spouses (besides Lois) already been given hero names? Also, could you edit your previous post to include any costume notes. I remember that Jon's is black and red, while Lucy's is all white (to go with her Angel name).

Out of curiosity (although not important to this) did Lois and Clark give the kids their Kryptonian names or did they choose the names themselves when they started using their abilities. Perhaps I need to re-read "Halloween in Smallville" again. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great suggestion, Morgana. I've got it on my reader, but unfortunately it won't let me copy or I would paste them here. Many good ideas for names, though. But I think we're searching for plain names for the human, now super, spouses of the superheroes.
r/
Artemis

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wild Bill (my favorite of the spouses, BTW) has a sense of humor, which I wouldn't be surprised if he brought to his hero naming. I bet he would pick something like "Shield" (being that he's a cop) and have it turned down (because of S.H.I.E.L.D. from Marvel Comics). So, then he would go to the Thesaurus and come up with "Insignia" or "Aegis" or "Bulwark". I picture him in gold costume with a skin-tight hood, which covers his hair, and has a big silver "shield" (maybe in the shape of Superman's crest without the S) on the chest, giving him a robotic or alien (think Star Trek) look to him. Maybe he would or wouldn't wear a silver cape to go with it. Being that Wild Bill probably wouldn't be caught dead in this outfit, I can picture him making fun of this hero to his cronies at MPD, and thus keeping his secret identity safe.

Originally posted by Artemis:
Lara (Ultra Woman II) and Mike (Ultra Man)
Sean (whatever his name is) and Heather (Golden Thistle) since she's from Scotland.
I like these ideas, Artemis. clap

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Virginia:
"shield" (maybe in the shape of Superman's crest without the S)
Great idea! I agree. I like cops too. I was thinking about a pair of handcuffs as his design, but I like your idea better.
As for Sean (Dan-El) I also thought of something else for Heather that relates to Eco-friendly environmental stuff. A green outfit with a picture of the world as the symbol and the words "Save Me" above it.
I'm still struggling with the others and have been for some time. confused huh
So far, no light bulb has come over my head.
cool
Artemis
[Linked Image]

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I can see Rich picking some Latin name which has roots in his love of history, cultures, and Archeology. Maybe the ancient Mayan word for Hero. Ken, does Rich specialize in certain region of the world or an era in which he's especially fond?

I tried looking for Hero in Mayan, and couldn't find it. I did find "help" which is "aantik" or "helper" which is "aantah". But I don't really like either one of those. I also saw "jaguaro" (I'm assuming is Jaguar) "chakmool", which is a cool name, but sounds kinda Klingon-ish. There's also "mosquito" which is "k'oxol", which I like too. "puma" (like a mountain lion) is "koh" which would work well if he adopts the "el" surname as "Koh-El". "rooster" is "t'eel" which wouldn't need to add the "el" to it since it already ends in "El". I don't remember Rich's personality really standing out in the story.

Knowing a little more about the personalities of the spouses might help us figure out which direction they would go to pick a name. Right now all we have is jobs, which all of us nobody wants to be defined me (well, at least I don't). We're all more than our chosen profession. What kind of music do they like or do they play a musical instrument? Do they have any hobbies or special talents or interests? Do they focus on a certain type of rescue or prefer a special ability, which might lead us to bird name for someone who especially like to fly, or fire names for ones who used his / her heat vision often, or ice names for those who used their cooling breath.

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, Virginia. I like "puma" with a picture of said animal. It would also blur the connection to his reality. We don't want people to be able to identify him.
r/
Artemis

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Ken, have any of the spouses (besides Lois) already been given hero names? Also, could you edit your previous post to include any costume notes. I remember that Jon's is black and red, while Lucy's is all white (to go with her Angel name).

Out of curiosity (although not important to this) did Lois and Clark give the kids their Kryptonian names or did they choose the names themselves when they started using their abilities. Perhaps I need to re-read "Halloween in Smallville" again. laugh
No, only the children have super personas at this point.

I have edited the above post with the uniform colors.

Jon was the one that started that ball rolling in Halloween in Smallville. He hadn't given enough thought to what name to use and the Sheriff caught him flat-footed and all he could think of was his Kryptonian name.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I can see Rich picking some Latin name which has roots in his love of history, cultures, and Archeology. Maybe the ancient Mayan word for Hero. Ken, does Rich specialize in certain region of the world or an era in which he's especially fond?

I tried looking for Hero in Mayan, and couldn't find it. I did find "help" which is "aantik" or "helper" which is "aantah". But I don't really like either one of those. I also saw "jaguaro" (I'm assuming is Jaguar) "chakmool", which is a cool name, but sounds kinda Klingon-ish. There's also "mosquito" which is "k'oxol", which I like too. "puma" (like a mountain lion) is "koh" which would work well if he adopts the "el" surname as "Koh-El". "rooster" is "t'eel" which wouldn't need to add the "el" to it since it already ends in "El". I don't remember Rich's personality really standing out in the story.

Knowing a little more about the personalities of the spouses might help us figure out which direction they would go to pick a name. Right now all we have is jobs, which all of us nobody wants to be defined me (well, at least I don't). We're all more than our chosen profession. What kind of music do they like or do they play a musical instrument? Do they have any hobbies or special talents or interests? Do they focus on a certain type of rescue or prefer a special ability, which might lead us to bird name for someone who especially like to fly, or fire names for ones who used his / her heat vision often, or ice names for those who used their cooling breath.
Rich's specialty is ancient Amer-Indian cultures. His thesis was on the Wampanoig tribe of Plymouth Mass. That was the research trip that Jess accompanied him on where he proposed.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Some really terrific names are being generated.

Keep it up!

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Actually, now that I've been thinking about it I am open to color combinations for Sean, Jimmy and Sam.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Doctor's scrubs are green. How about green for both Sean and Heather?
r/
Artemis

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard