Up next for your Kerth Quiz enjoyment, Quiz #8 - Best New Author

SPIFFY DISCLAIMER THINGY! All the stories featured in this quiz qualify for the Best Drama, but this quiz is not a stamp of recommendation for nomination. There are other stories which qualify for this category, but this quiz only covers 10.

Recommendations for other eligible stories are *very* welcome and encouraged!

QUIZ RULES: Two points for getting the story and author from the quote; one point for getting it from the excerpt. Specify which is which, or you'll automatically get one point instead of two. Open hard drive and archive, *don't* forget to snip the excerpts in your replies, and don't forget the spoiler space when you post in the replies thread.

The DEADLINE for entries for this quiz is Tuesday 11:59 am EST.

More elaborate quiz instructions can be found here .

Please post your answers here .

Have fun! Good luck!

Nancy

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

Quote 1: “Alright, just give me a few minutes. I’ve got to get this suit soaking or it will never come clean,” Clark called as he headed up the stairs.

Quote 2: Her essence is mighty; power exudes from her being -- an independent strength built out of fear and for so long,maintained by control.

Quote 3: Lois rose from the chair. “You have a lot of nerve. You come in here asking for our help with a problem that YOUR department has obviously not been qualified to handle, and then you want to go and berate me on my choice of words,” she replied, equally disgusted.

Quote 4: "Help me, Clark!!! Under the subway... help!" It was a full-fledged yell and not the nagging at the back of his subconscious.

Quote 5: “Dr. Branson, I’m sorry to interrupt, but we just started receiving telemetry from that electronics package that we asked Superman to deploy six months ago.”

Quote 6: Whatever they decided, Clark knew, they would be the best in their chosen field and use their abilities to make the world a better place.

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

Excerpt 1: “Mom, I’m not a little kid anymore. I accepted your's and Dad’s careers years ago. It’s not a big deal. You both have always had busy lives. I also understand what Dad does is extra important and that he has spent all the time he could spare with us. Besides, even when I move out, it’s not like I’m ever going to be that far away. I can fly, even if I don’t show off like my brothers do. Now, I’ve really got to get my homework done. Let me know when dinner’s ready.”

Excerpt 2: Yet the container of this overwhelming force of spirit is small; her hand is engulfed by mine, dwarfed by its stature. But she doesn't shy away; instead she rises to a non-competitive challenge. Perhaps it was never my powers that she saw in me, but my weakness -- the one thing more powerful than kryptonite that
once unleashed upon my being would be my immediate execution -- the loss of her.

Excerpt 3: The smell of hot paper hit Mayson’s nose as soon as she stepped off the elevator and into the center of the Daily Planet newsroom. Workers were quickly in and out of office spaces and nooks as fast as their feet could take them. She loved the quick-paced atmosphere just as much as she loved it at the agency. She caught a couple of men staring in her direction. Why not? She was beautiful. Her long blonde hair past her shoulders with her baby blue eyes drew men in like bees to honey.

Excerpt 4: She mentioned it to Dr. Klein and he said he would check the possibility. Lois also decided to visit Dr. Friskin because she just could not shake the feeling that she was cheated out of something because Clark had spent seven months with a clone of herself. Dr. Friskin helped her understand that she was reacting to things that had happened on a subconscious level. She knew that she had been abducted, raped, had lost a child, and lived in a drugged state for months.

Excerpt 5: It was an idyllic scene. The park was perfectly maintained and the grass almost looked manicured it was so perfect. There wasn’t even a single piece of litter on the ground. A few minutes ago he had seen a child miss the litter basket with a candy wrapper, but before he had even had time to smile the child had realized what he had done and turned to pick it up and properly place it in the receptacle.

Excerpt 6: Whatever was in there must have been something like thermite because there wasn't anything left of that vehicle except molten pools of metal. I landed in a patch of soft dirt, so I wasn't hurt, but Mom said I looked like a cute ball of brown mud. The Sheriff knew Mom and Dad couldn't have children of their own so he and a friendly judge helped them adopt me after they couldn't find my biological parents. It didn't hurt that they were both so successful in their
careers.

here

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~