Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
The quiz will be delayed as I've had a migraine for two days - better now. I'll have the quiz up on Wednesday (or possibly shortly after midnight EST).

LOOK below for the quiz. smile1

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hope you feel better! smile

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Feel better! wave

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, here we go! For real!

Up next for your Kerth Quiz enjoyment, Quiz #7 - Best Super Short

SPIFFY DISCLAIMER THINGY! All the stories featured in this quiz qualify for the Best Drama, but this quiz is not a stamp of recommendation for nomination. There are other stories which qualify for this category, but this quiz only covers 10.

Recommendations for other eligible stories are *very* welcome and encouraged!

QUIZ RULES: Two points for getting the story and author from the quote; one point for getting it from the excerpt. Specify which is which, or you'll automatically get one point instead of two. Open hard drive and archive, *don't* forget to snip the excerpts in your replies, and don't forget the spoiler space when you post in the replies thread.

The DEADLINE for entries for this quiz is Saturday 11:59 pm EST

More elaborate quiz instructions can be found here .

Please post your answers here

Have fun! Good luck!

Nancy

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

Quote # 1: I could still watch the wrinkles form in her brow when she was in deep concentration

Quote # 2: “Morning,” Lois said, kissing the man’s cheek.

Quote # 3: If at first you don’t succeed, then write, write again.

Quote # 4: Now, the room was completely blurry.

Quote # 5: "It's none of my business, but don't you think the time has come to let Lois in on your secret?"

Quote # 6: “Okay Dad. I’ll take care of them. You and Mom can go ahead. We’ll be fine.”

Quote # 7: “But, Dad!” sputtered their daughter, Rebecca. “I’m sixteen years old!”

Quote # 8: "Whatever you’ve got to ask, ask. It can’t be that silly.”

Quote # 9: And I would have got away with it but for those meddling reporters and Superman.

Quote # 10: The thoughts of what might have been tormented her. Late nights spent wondering--

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

Excerpt # 1: Her initial rejection of me as a partner, friend, lover, all were trying; each refusal slashed away at my heart leaving only a persona of flying alien perfection where a man in love once stood.

Excerpt # 2: Lara squealed in delighted terror and jumped down from Clark’s arms, running away and screaming at a level that made even her daddy wince.

Excerpt # 3: Time flies like an arrow; Superman flies faster than a speeding bullet. Speeding bullets are faster than arrows, therefore Superman flies faster than time itself.

Excerpt # 4: She waved a hand dismissively. “Oh, just a few nicks and scratches,” she said. “I’ll be fine. I’ve been through worse. How about you, though?” she asked, suddenly looking at him intently. “Have you been all right lately, Superman?”

Excerpt # 5: Perry threw back his head and laughed for the first time that day. "Son, I'm as sure of that as I am of my own name. She loved part of you at first sight…" he gestured at the brightly colored suit, "and the rest of you almost as long. And it's none of my business, but I can't help thinking the path to true love might've been a little more smooth if you hadn't confused the heck out of her by being two people."

Excerpt # 6: All of the toilet tissue was off the roll and the end was in the toilet, as if the flushing of the toilet was being used to pull the paper off the roll and the water was running in the tub with the stopper in. Fortunately it hadn’t crested the sides as yet. Jon prevented a disaster by quickly crossing the room and turning the water off and pulling out the stopper.

Excerpt # 7: Do you know the kinds of things the girls at my school say about Superman? And I have to act like it doesn’t bother me that they’re making all sorts of crude comments about my own father!

Excerpt # 8: “I didn’t say lie. I said you didn’t tell the whole truth. Mark my words, Clark Kent, I will find out the truth someday, and I’ll get you for it then.”

Excerpt # 9: Been there, done that. Yawn. Geology is boring, unless you own the mineral rights. Memo to self, find out about mineral rights to Grand Canyon.

Excerpt # 10: It hurt her to think of Superman floating alone, dead in space, floating behind the asteroid he’d managed to deflect in time to save the human race. Yet somehow it was fitting. Superman had died the way he would have wanted to, saving people. The entire world loved him.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard