Up next for your Kerth Quiz enjoyment, Quiz #6 - Best Drama!

SPIFFY DISCLAIMER THINGY! All the stories featured in this quiz qualify for the Best Drama, but this quiz is not a stamp of recommendation for nomination. There are other stories which qualify for this category, but this quiz only covers 10.

Recommendations for other eligible stories are *very* welcome and encouraged!

QUIZ RULES: Two points for getting the story and author from the quote; one point for getting it from the excerpt. Specify which is which, or you'll automatically get one point instead of two. Open hard drive and archive, *don't* forget to snip the excerpts in your replies, and don't forget the spoiler space when you post in the replies thread.

The DEADLINE for entries for this quiz is Monday by 11:59 p.m (Pacific).

More elaborate quiz instructions can be found here .

Please post your answers here .

Have fun! Good luck!

Amber smile

B

E

S

T

D

R

A

M

A

Quote #1
"I gave up waiting for you to return to Smallville, Clark," Lana said as she backed away - although her hands remained attached to his upper arms. "I know you came for the Corn Festival last year, but I was touring Europe, so we missed each other."

Quote #2
Dr. Klein turned back to his microscope “Well, it’s all speculation, you understand. But, I think it’s safe to say that long after you and I are dead and gone, Superman will still be in his prime. Fighting for Truth, Justice and …”

Quote #3
“Lana, we’ve had a good life together. But the fates have other plans for us now.”

Quote #4
I say "Merci," and hand off my luggage to the concierge. My first order of business is to get this film developed.

Quote #5
“I need to go, Lois. Be right back,” he said, and my heart clenched in my chest when I realized that I even missed his bad excuses.

Quote #6
He gave me a hard look. “Now, Professor Carlton told me that you’re suffering from — ”

Quote #7
“Beautiful. Deadly. And so varied,” Lex said, twisting the tube in his hands. “Different shapes. Different colors. Some that seem to linger and shimmer, others that disappear almost as soon as they explode.”

Quote #8
Mindy shrugged, removing her feet from the desk. She turned around to face him. “Since when is it a crime for me to visit my favorite big brother?” she pouted.

Quote #9
“Do I look okay?” she asked. “I’m sitting here up to my tush in mud, wondering how this dress will ever be clean again, and you ask a question like that.”

Quote #10
"Because he's Clark. Because there's this little, teeny, tiny piece of me that thinks it could actually work with him. But is he really worth the risk?"

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Excerpt #1
She was going to stop building the walls. She was even going to try to allow a few cracks to appear in the ones that were already there. She was going to try to be open and honest with the people she cared about.

She was not going to let pride and fear fester to rancid bitterness and condemn her to a life lived alone.

Even if ...

Lois gulped down a sob.

Even if her epiphany had come too late to save her from her biggest mistake.

Excerpt #2
Lois and Clark had been involved in an investigation into corruption in the office of their member of the U. S. House of Representatives, Rep. Hotchkiss (D), District 23, New Troy. It had involved kickbacks for pork barrel projects inserted into bills as earmarks coming through his office. After the story broke, the Representative resigned from office in disgrace. The story was being considered for a Kerth award. Lois and Clark just had to wait for the committee’s decision.

Excerpt #3
“I need you to go get that hotshot new kid from research and you two get back here. I have a huge assignment for you.” He never took his eyes off Lois as she finished her packing. Without a second glance, she picked up her box of things and turned to leave. If no one else thought her behavior odd, Perry certainly did. And he would prove it. There was something going on with Lois and Luthor and when he was finished digging for the truth, everyone would know it, too.

Excerpt #4
"I'm sorry, Clark, really I am," I say, cutting into his detailed description of some fruit seller in the Moroccan market. "But I have a deadline. I really have to go," I stand abruptly and gather my things to leave.

Excerpt #5
Mayson Drake had her own warning system that went off whenever I was having a serious conversation with Clark. She interrupted us each and every time. Her face beamed with joy as she waved her hand greeting us — or more likely — just Clark. Usually she barely looked at me, muttering something under her breath that could be mistaken for a ‘Hello’. Her eyes remained fixed on Clark, glued to him forever. She had changed since our first meeting. Her eyes were gleaming with joy, her cheeks had adopted an adorable blush, and she exuded an aura of pure bliss. I got stomach cramps every time I realized that Clark had caused this change. In her, not in me. Mayson Drake was more beautiful than ever, blonde, slim, popular, and very much in love with Clark. I hated her.

Excerpt #6
“Yes, sir, I do,” I said quickly, reaching inside myself for that elusive confidence. “But I want you to know, Mr. White, I’ll never let my fear interfere with my job. If I’m in a situation where contact is absolutely necessary, I can touch someone else. It — it isn’t that I’m incapable of doing it.… I have my reasons for not liking to touch people, and all I ask is that people who know me respect my wishes, sir.” I sat a little straighter and tried to act more self-confident. “But I can assure you, Mr. White, that if I learn the President of the United States wants to shake my hand, I won’t refuse him.”

Excerpt #7
At 9:30, music began to pump from the strategically placed speakers in the park. A mix of patriotic and pop songs blared over the gathered crowd as the fireworks began to light up the sky. Every heavy thump of the cannons meant another bright, shimmering firework. Every screech of the rockets as they soared into the heavens meant the birth of another design in the night. Children and adults alike gaped and gasped as one after another, firework after firework bloomed overhead, shimmering for an instant before dying into nothingness once more.

Excerpt #8
The Daily Planet always seemed in a state of chaos. Reporters were constantly scurrying about, trying to meet deadlines. It was hard to keep track of everyone’s comings and goings. So, it wasn’t surprising that no one noticed the new researcher at the Daily Planet.

Excerpt #9
“Us,” she answered, surprising herself. From somewhere inside, in that spot of Lois’ mind and soul where those infallible hunches were born, where certainties more powerful than intuition were formed, and from which the core of the bond between Lois Lane, Terran, and Kal-El, Kryptonian, sprang, the conviction and knowledge of what she had to do exploded into being. “We’re going. Both of us.”

Excerpt #10
She could see lights on in Clark's loft as she got closer. He was home then. A little part of her had secretly hoped to find the place dark. Lois climbed the stairs slowly, still desperately trying to figure out what she was going to say. In a perfect world she wouldn't have to say anything of consequence. They'd sit on his sofa and watch a movie while she soaked in his calming vibes. Spending an evening with Clark was better than yoga for her blood pressure.