DISCLAIMER: As far as I can ascertain, all the stories in this quiz qualify for the Best Revelation Story category for the Kerths of 2013. Inclusion should not be taken as a recommendation, and these are not the only stories that are eligible for nomination. This quiz features 13 stories following the one-author rule, but there are more and you are encouraged to recommend other eligible stories.

QUIZ RULES: If you get the story and author from the quote, that's worth two points. If you need the excerpt as well, you get one point. If you don't specify how much information you needed, you get one point.

You can use the archive, the boards and stories on your hard drive.

Don't include the quotes and excerpts in your reply. Don't forget to include a spoiler space.

The DEADLINE for entries for this quiz is 11:59 p.m. (west coast of USA), Friday, February 1st.

More elaborate quiz instructions can be found here .

Please post your answers here .

Hope this Quiz is not so hard as the last one. laugh

B

E

S

T

R

E

V

E

L

A

T

I

O

N

QUOTES

QUOTE #1
I smiled. “I couldn’t have done it without Krypto.”

QUOTE #2
"We are going to my apartment," Lois stated. "We are going to lock the door and take the phone off the hook."

QUOTE #3
"Well, look on the bright side -- she can't kill you without some of that Kryptonite, and it's not
too easy to come by."

QUOTE #4
"I mean you," she told him earnestly. "Not Superman. I love you, Clark."

QUOTE #5
"Oh, it's lovely," Lois exclaimed, taking the flower, totally distracted by it. "Where did you find a rose like this?"

QUOTE #6
"Don't ever talk about the man I love like that again," she mock warns me.

QUOTE #7
Cat started to fan herself. "He really is the Man of Steel."

QUOTE #8
"It's open? Are you sure you're really Lois Lane?" His weak smile conveyed his discomfort as much as his lame attempt at a joke.

QUOTE #9
"I made a mistake," Lois said as I came over to the couch,looking at me with tear-filled eyes. "I chose wrong, and now I'm afraid... I was stupid, and I don't know if there's a good way out."

QUOTE #10
"Superman, I appreciate your concern... but I just had an idea and I really must get going. I am sure you have someone or something more important to be saving so...." She motioned to the window.

QUOTE #11
"Well, it does matter. You see, the reason that Superman finds you so attractive is the same one that I do. I'm Superman."

QUOTE #12
"Nice try, Farm Boy. So, how long have Superman and Batman been lovers?"

QUOTE #13
He pulls out his wallet and shows me a press pass that reads: Clark Kent, Travel Writer, Borneo Gazette.

E

X

C

E

R

P

T

S

EXCERPTS

EXCERPT #1
She was babbling as she took some food out of a bag and began to set the items in a neat line on the counter. “Now, I know you’re not sick, and I figured you were staying away because of last night. I decided to let you have your day today, but you are coming in to work tomorrow if Perry has to send the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse after you. Now, I figured you probably wouldn’t feel like making any food, so I brought you some myself. Not that I made it myself, as I’m not trying to kill you, but it’s good enough for a lunch—there’s a ham sandwich, a pickle, a bag of chips, a cup of soup, and a couple of cookies. I figured you would have drinks, so I didn’t bring anything.” She turned around and frowned. “Boy, this place is grungy.”

EXCERPT #2
She stood, and he stood with her, completely amenable to whatever direction she chose for them now. She released his hand, and it dropped to hang against his thigh. She reached over to his shirt. She unbuttoned the top three buttons as his heart detonated, sending shockwaves through his ribs.

EXCERPT #3
Superman sighed and slumped forward, relinquishing his superhero posture to rest his elbows on his knees and cradle his head in his hands. "You just said yourself that the Planet doesn't lie. Neither does Superman."

EXCERPT #4
"My parents taught me to be honest about everything except my abilities; the things I could do. That lie never bothered me until we became friends. You're the first and only person I've ever wanted to tell, Lois." He let out a relieved laugh. "I'm Clark and I'm Superman and I'm in love with you."

EXCERPT #5
Well, he did not so much ask as demand, even though it was phrased like a question. Lois scrambled, trying to think up some excuse not to have dinner with him. She didn't think she could stomach his company long enough. Or hold down her food. Finally, Lois managed to blurt out, "Oh Lex, I'm sooo sorry but I have to wash my hair tonight. I really wish I could. Maybe another night." Hoping that would appease him for now and frantically wondering how she would avoid another night.

EXCERPT #6
Lois lifts her hand, encumbered as it is with wires and IV lines and monitoring devices. I'm sitting close enough for her to reach over and touch me. She does so, laying a hand against my chest, which causes electric sparks and warmth to shoot through my body, as her touch always does. Then, lightly, she silently traces an S over the whole of my chest, in perfect alignment of where the crest of the House of El normally sits.

EXCERPT #7
Lois turned to look at Clark. Stormy had turned to thunderous in her eyes. He was so glad that she didn't know that Kryptonite was real; only now that she had discovered the truth about him, she probably would realize it was real. He was a
dead man.

EXCERPT #8
He watched as Lois slowed and inexplicably she turned and glanced through the large window. Their eyes met, recognition was instantaneous. He could tell by the shocked look on Lois's face.

EXCERPT #9
I felt angrier at Lois than I ever had before as I stormed to my door, intent on letting her know how unfair this was. How cruel. How could she just act like nothing happened when she had broken my heart earlier today?

EXCERPT #10
Lois sighed and gripped her teacup until her knuckles turned white. The growing feeling in her stomach had not subsided since Mayson Drake entered into their lives and the more this assignment progressed the more the feeling consumed her. Of course, the thought of her being the over-dramatic jealous girlfriend kept playing over in her head as the reason for the feeling in her stomach... but the years of being an investigative reporter told her it was instinct.

EXCERPT #11
Lois threw her arms around him and this kiss lasted far more than the second or so of the previous one. Her attack caught him off-guard, but Clark quickly decided to simply enjoy the moment. He put his arms around her and made sure that this was a kiss worthy of office gossip.

EXCERPT #12
"Yeah," she said. She caught sight of her reflection in one of the darkened windows as they floated toward the ground. Even through the
distortion of the window and the dimness of the light, she knew it was Clark.

EXCERPT #13
His eyes turn to me, incredulous, like he can't believe how pushy I'm being. But I can't and I won't relent. First, for him -- so he doesn't have to hide what he can do... and maybe, for me as well. Because if he had a secret persona, then maybe he would be inclined to stay in one place. Maybe -- he could work at the Planet with me... and we'd see where things go.

Have fun!

Andreia cool

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15