Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#168295 12/11/12 08:58 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Quick question: in the show I know it mentions that Tempus is from the 22(23?) century (please correct me on which number that is). Does it ever mention when, as in abllpark range, Utopia was created?

Just curious... Too tired and swamped to look it up myself, but it's driving me bonkers. dizzy

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#168296 12/12/12 01:01 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
From Tempus Fugitive:

WELLS: You see, the twenty-second century is a peaceful, harmonious Utopia.
And:

Utopia was founded by Superman's descendants.
So, I believe it was some time in the twenty-one century, but afraid there isn't not an accurate date.

TEMPUS: One of the many disadvantages of being from Utopia is we have a complete lack of technological understanding.

[...]

No one works, no one argues, there are nine thousand channels and nothing on!
By the way, sometimes I have to agree with Tempus. What kind of society was that? A bunch of new hippies that worship their founders and spend their time obsessing about them and brainwashing the children to perpetuate the cult? dizzy How did Lois Lane's brood come to this? shock It seems they took some ideals too far. wallbash

Maybe somebody can write the Chronicles of Utopia, telling how it came to be. laugh

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#168297 12/12/12 01:47 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
As I see it, maybe Wells landed in the 23rd century assylum, "Utopia". Tempus is crazy after all and only tried to destroy Utopia because his medications weren't working. Tempus is bored and frustrated with Utopia because the assylum IS boring.

On the other hand, Wells received an overdose of peace and harmony by mistake and made it to his time machine before the error was discovered, leaving him convinced that Utopia represents the future for everyone.

Everyone else in the 23rd century lives quite normal lives.

Shallowford
#168298 12/12/12 11:42 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for the info, guys!

Originally posted by Ultra Woman:
Maybe somebody can write the Chronicles of Utopia, telling how it came to be. laugh
Maybe I am... evil wink I'm kind of doing a later Utopia thing though, so I have it in the early/mid 23rd century, which I assume will work with this. smile I just wanted to double check for mentioning it.

--Mark Twain
#168299 12/12/12 11:44 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Shallowford:
As I see it, maybe Wells landed in the 23rd century assylum, "Utopia". Tempus is crazy after all and only tried to destroy Utopia because his medications weren't working. Tempus is bored and frustrated with Utopia because the assylum IS boring.

On the other hand, Wells received an overdose of peace and harmony by mistake and made it to his time machine before the error was discovered, leaving him convinced that Utopia represents the future for everyone.

Everyone else in the 23rd century lives quite normal lives.
Huh. Interesting theory. Perhaps Wells took some of Tempus' happy meds, making Tempus start to lose it again and Wells believe firmly in this utopian world...

--Mark Twain
#168300 12/13/12 06:18 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Then again, maybe time travel itself is bad for the human mind. Maybe beyond a certain time displacement your brain starts to go, in terms another time travel story used, "a little caca". Forward induces euphoria and backward does other stuff. L&C only went a little over 100 years back and weren't gone that long, but we don't know how many trips Tempus took with Well's machine before we meet him in the series.

Maybe Tempus was more normal, just a little bored, when he went for a joyride with Wells. Wells might have taken the trip in smaller jumps and inoculated himself against whatever it was that messed with Tempus's mind on their trip together. For story purposes the issue with the Wells machine could have been repaired by the time the window technology is invented.

Give yourself bonus points if you know where "a little caca" comes from!

Shallowford
#168301 12/13/12 06:33 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Shallowford:
Give yourself bonus points if you know where "a little caca" comes from!
I won't "leap" to any conclusions about its origin. wink

Joy,
Lynn

#168302 12/13/12 03:15 PM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
I won't "leap" to any conclusions about its origin. wink
Attention Everyone!

Lynn receives the coveted (and just made up) Ziggy/Calavicci Award. Appropriate celebrations involve vigorous smacking of data input devices and disappearing in a luminous blue glow.

Shallowford
#168303 12/13/12 05:53 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I always figured that Tempus was an untrustworthy narrator, and his claims about what Utopia is and what it actually is are not likely to match up.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard