Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Great, great part! [Linked Image]

“I'm... fine...” Brought up against Clark's body by his action and her own momentum, Lois felt as if all of her breath left her lungs in one second.

In that second, staring up into Clark's face, Lois was aware of nothing except the man holding her. His size. His strength. His deep brown eyes, behind the gold-rimmed glasses. The way his slightly-overlong hair flopped loosely onto his forehead despite his efforts to brush it back. His white teeth. The tiny tic in his jaw. His fresh, clean, male scent.

She was aware of nothing else. Only him.
I was waiting a big kiss here! [Linked Image] Why don't? I want cry! [Linked Image]

And reality was... a world in which she was married to one man while...

...falling in love with another.
Oh my God! Oh my God! Finally Lois admitted she is in love with Clark! But this story will be over so soon? [Linked Image] And now?

Fast, Lois! Fast, Clark! Make something! [Linked Image] Lois can't stay with Lex loving Clark! PLEASE! grovel

I'm with my heart in my throat until the next part! [Linked Image]

~Andreia [Linked Image]

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just a quick WOW!! because now I have absolutely no time for a proper fdk, so
WOW! WOW! WOW! notworthy notworthy notworthy
poor Lois! is she trying to hypnotize herself into thinking her attraction for Clark is only because her husband is not there, and her marriage with Luthor is still a good thing? But it's not working, is it, Lois?
I'm wondering what Luthor thinks about Lois' friendship with this stranger: come on, you really think Luthor knows nothing about it? A control-freak like him? I'm almost sure Betty and her husband are on every movement made by them employer' wife! "Almost" because I don't know how Clark cannot sensing their surveillance... hummm, probably I have to rethink my thesis..., humm...

Simona smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't believe there is only one part left!!! How are you gonna wrap this up in one more segment?????

Loving this story, this version of events, really awesome!

TEEEEEEJ

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
After reading the first section of the sotry, I had thought that it would have a nice, sweet conclusion, you know, that sort when they fall in love and lived happily ever after. laugh But with the pace that this story is taking, I am now of the opinion that such an ending would prove to be too abrupt for a 4th part (unless it was a really long chapter).

Well, I can live with the story ending with the "beginnings" of something special, because this means sequel(s) from Wendy.... laugh

--meclone2--

EDIT: I just remembered that this was to be a trilogy. Hurrah party

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Interesting piece. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice Wendy, it is interesting to see Lois's perspective as she falls in love with him. I am wondering if we will be getting more of Clark's take on the matter. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Kiss him you fool! laugh

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Kerth
Kerth
I want that fix!! notworthy

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
With each part of this story I have been getting more and more curious. How is this going to end? Wild thoughts are flying through my head, one more improbable than the other. help

I like that Lois is finally realizing that she's falling for Clark. It'd be great to get some of Clark's perspective... she is after all a married woman and Clark does have a Kansas upbringing...

In short:
Next part please? grovel

Sira

S
Blogger
Blogger
S
I wish Lois would just get on with it, and give in to her desire, but at the same time, I'm really glad that she is being so faithful to her marriage vows.
You've painted her conflicting desires so well here, I feel sorry for her, and yet a part of me is still cheering her for her integrity.

Of course, I hope that Luthor is still horribly evil so we get to see him taken down and Lois divorced to live happily ever after with Clark.

I'm curious to know if Wendy has already written the two sequels, or if she only has them planned.

Catherine - naivety passing full-blown
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Lex maybe a control freak, but what if he is what he appears to be? A legit business man in love with his lovely wife?

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
EDIT: I just remembered that this was to be a trilogy. Hurrah
WOW! How could I have forgotten this? I'm happier now! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
with the same incredulity as she’d greet an announcement from Lois that she was from another planet.
goofy

I agree with Laura, it would be interesting to see what Clark is thinking... especially during that very gripping scene where Lois trips, which is when I started wondering what he is thinking. Kind of intriguing to have to guess: With this sequence of events, with them meeting after Lois is married to Lex, and meeting outside of Metropolis... Does the out-of-order sequence of events alter their future? That is, is it Lois who takes one look and falls almost instantly in love, and Clark who likes her, respects her, but takes much longer to realize he loves her? Or is it that he falls in love immediately (after all, he keeps coming back each day!) and is just very, very practiced in hiding his feelings because she's married?

And Simona and SJH wonder if Lex is what we are used to him being, (and if he is having Lois watched), or if he is really just what he appears to be?... There's that really suspicious destruction of the Planet [Oooh, cosmic, I just realized: the destruction of the planet!!! The superhero comes to earth after the destruction of his planet, and the supervillian is destroyed after his destruction of the Planet...] er, sorry-- got off track there.
goofy <ahem> So is Lex the egotistical, possessive megalomaniac, and is Lois being watched?

This first part of your trilogy is a riveting start to what I suspect is a powerful story arc. And you've got us all hooked, wondering where this is going and where you'll end the first part. It seems as if a lot of the action is going to happen there on the lakeside property. Will Lex return in this part? Will Lois go back to Metropolis? I can't think of how you can end this part except by a cliffhanger.

And you said
This story came to me as my husband and I were driving from Sault Ste. Marie to Thunder Bay; that stretch of Northern Ontario is pretty remote and towns, even villages, are few and far between. The scenery is simply breathtaking - far, far more amazing than I've managed to describe. And then we had Robbie Williams' Eternity playing on the car stereo. (Incidentally, if anyone hasn't heard the song, it's beautiful! It's the song Kae used in the trailer).
I can see how you conceived the start of this story, especially after I saw Kae's trailer... (wonderfully evocative, Kae!). But it's not a formulaic story at all, is it? Not a rewrite of an episode (although I've loved a lot of the episode rewrites I've read!). Not a reworking of a common story theme. Instead, an already-gripping,"cracking good story!", as Wallace would say. goofy

Houseguests notwithstanding, I hope you're going to post some more soon!

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
As a man of considerable wealth and influence,Lex
would have personal body guards and other security
for himself and family. Nothing uncommon there. It would be unusual not to. The distruction of the
Daily Planet was an industrial accident. They happen.Lois must have been comfortable enough with Lex to marry him and give herself over to their marrage bed.She admits , sex with him was "nice".
Although her unhappyness is profund, it is Clark's arrival that gives it focus and a name. She may not be cheating physically, but emotionally. Of course, if Lex is a rat, then all bets are off.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hmmm, good point. We do see a lot of stories where Lex runs true to form; it sure would add an extra dimension of angst if this particular Lex was, in fact, exactly what you describe.

Of course, if Lex is a rat, then all bets are off.
lol Yup, I agree!

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

An excellent part! smile1

Tricia cool

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
I think Clark fell instanly in love with Lois.He has always been honest with himself about finding
and sharing a love. He was indeed "ready". He was'nt expecting to find her on a wind swept beach in the person of another man's wife, however.Will he honor her vows? You betya! He's Clark Kent after all.And like some of you guys have said, that Kansas up bringing will kick in. To be near her will have to be enough for him (for now).

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
"Definitely is spelt with an i and not an a." The lazily amused voice coming from over her shoulder made Lois jump.

But she recovered quickly. "That's what spellcheckers are for."
razz on Lex!

“When I was in college, I wrote an entire novel. In retrospect, it was pretty awful. All about this guy who felt like an outsider, and how he tried to fit in. It was kind of boring, really. Self-indulgent, I guess.”
Awww!! Poor Clark! dance Yay!!!

You have me longing to know what's in Clark's head, but at the same time, I'm glad I don't know. Makes it more intriguing. None of that dramatic irony to spoil the anticipation. <g>

Sara (who's wondering if there's a prize for longest feekback post...<g>)

Can't wait to read the next part!! But, I suppose we can wait until your company's gone. <g>

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Wendy, you have my permition to send your company home early. smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! thumbsup That's all I can say right now (because I don't have time to describe how much I'm enjoying this LOL), but the only other thing I have to say is ......... WHERE IS PART 4?!?!? wink

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard