Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#167959 07/12/12 04:06 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Don't go skimming through the scripts, because I'm just lazy and I can do that myself, but off the top of your head, does anyone remember when we first hear of:

1. STARLABS (I remember a mention in GGGOH)

2. Bernie--and whether he's mentioned as a new guy at STARLABS or just a guy that we hadn't heard from before.

IOW, I'm trying to establish a reasonable time frame for Bernie appearing in a story. Is it cannon that he's not in Metropolis before Season Two?

TIA,

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Jimmy takes the data to S.T.A.R. Labs which the 3D imagery to test Dr. Platt's theory for the explosion of the Messenger in The Pilot.

According to CloisWorld\'s Complete Guide to Characters Dr. Bernard Klein doesn't show up until "Don't Tug On Superman's Cape", BUT he knows all about Proffessor Jefferson Cole from "Dead Lois Walking" story arc, who apparently worked at S.T.A.R. Labs before being sent to jail several years before he goes after Lois. Plus, Dr. Klein is promoted to management / head of his deapartment towards the end S4, leading one to believe he's been at the lab for quite a long time. He also mentions back in, I'm guessing here, "Voice from the Past" (when he's trying to track Lex Jr ??) that he hasn't been on vacation in years. I'd have to check, but I think he says something like 5 years, implying that he's been at STAR Labs for quite a long time.

BUT, if you need Dr. Klein to be out of Metropolis during S2 (or before) and just moves to Metropolis in S3, you can always ASSUME he moved there / transferred there from another STAR LABS facility elsewhere. wink

In S2, Dr. Emil Hamilton (after creating the clones from TOGoM) goes to work at STAR Labs. If you need to know the name of someone else who worked there.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just a completely irrelevant aside here. (We've been watching Eureka.)

Star Labs as a subsidiary of Global Dynamics? Bernie is an escapee from Eureka? (He'd look at the weirdness in Metropolis and just shrug.) peep

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by Dandello:
Just a completely irrelevant aside here. (We've been watching Eureka.)

Star Labs as a subsidiary of Global Dynamics? Bernie is an escapee from Eureka? (He'd look at the weirdness in Metropolis and just shrug.) peep
My husband and I had been talking crossovers just last night. Why didn't I think that one would work???

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks, Virginia,

I actually want him for the end of Season 1, and it sounds like I can make it work.

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
Kerth
Kerth
A thought on this - Eureka has been established as being set in the same universe as Warehouse 13 - I'd love to see Artie and some 1990s warehouse personnel on the trail of artifacts and assuming that Superman must use one to gain his powers.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I love it! I could see either villains or heroes coming from Eureka or Warehouse 13. I keep thinking of the Spleen from Mystery Men.

Shallowford
Top Banana
Top Banana
My husband and I had been talking crossovers just last night. Why didn't I think that one would work???
Probably because of the time-setting difference. Eureka is set in 2006+.
But there are lots of older people in Eureka - and you could certainly have L&C as old married people in 2006. dance

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
oooh I looove Eureka. Will miss Henry and Grace!

Hey, having Bernie come from Eureka would be a capital idea!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard