Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#167876 06/06/12 08:04 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Are there any Fanfics out there where Lois meets Superman first and to get him a real life transforms him (via a makeover) into Clark Kent?

I know in Nan's excellent "What I did over my Christmas Vacation" series, they do something similar, but in that one Clark is the established character.

Wait, I'm remembering another fic. Is that also Nan's? About Nightfall... "Four Days to Nightfall" - Does that happen in that story, too? I've got to refresh my memory and reread that one. (Oh, shucky darn!)

Okay, I'm answering my own question, here. blush Are there any other fics?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#167877 06/06/12 08:57 PM
Kerth
Kerth
There's one I've read, I think here or on Big Apricot, which starts out with Superman as a government-controlled, sinister, and very secret super-agent who happens to rescue Perry as part of a mission, then years later breaks free of government control and becomes Clark, I think as a result of having met Perry but I could be wrong. Apologies, I really can't remember the author / title and may have some details wrong.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#167878 06/06/12 09:25 PM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
In Escape from New Krypton, by MLT, Lois meets Lord Kal in Metropolis. They go together to Smallville, and the Kents help him to have a new identity, with the birth certificate of their dead son, Clark.

In Written in the Stars, by Beth Summerson, Krypton explodes when Kal is an adult and his ship arrives in Smallville. The Kents find him and call Lois (who is like a daughter for them). Lois and Kal go to Metropolis, and someone from the NIA helps Kal to have his new identity as Clark Kent.

These two stories are on the Archive.

Marcus, I think it is Ultimate Soldier, by Stopquitdont (on the Archive), but I'm not sure.

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
#167879 06/07/12 12:51 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Another story in which Kal-El (not Superman) comes first is Female Hawk's phenomenal, multi-Kerth-winning "Awaken My Heart."

Joy,
Lynn

#167880 06/07/12 05:35 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There's one I've read, I think here or on Big Apricot, which starts out with Superman as a government-controlled, sinister, and very secret super-agent who happens to rescue Perry as part of a mission, then years later breaks free of government control and becomes Clark, I think as a result of having met Perry but I could be wrong.
Marcus, I think the story you're thinking about is Dandello's excellent (and very chilling) "Ubermann" .

I just re-read it. Actually, "Clark's" motivations for assuming the "Clark Kent" identity are a little different than the way you're making it sound, but Perry is involved.

Highly recommended.

#167881 06/08/12 12:53 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Yes, Ubermann is the one I was thinking of. Really chilling.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#167882 06/08/12 05:04 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thank you - that's the effect I was trying for dance

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#167883 06/08/12 05:07 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I seem to remember a story where Clark is raised in a laboratory or clinic owned by Luthor (I guess he hadn't even a name, he spent his life there but nobody talked to him). Lois finds him and breaks him out of there (I guess they escaped while Luthor was giving a ball). They decide that Clark should go public to avoid being re-captured by Luthor. So as far as I remember they create Superman and some time after they create the Clark Kent identity (but I don't remember the details). This is not Trusting me, trusting you. There're some details alike, but in this story the lab belonged to Luthor and Lois was a reporter. I don't remember how she found out about the "alien in the lab".

I know it's very, very vague, so much that I couldn't find it in the archive, but I believe there's somebody with a better memory than mine. If somebody remembers this story, help me please! help

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#167884 06/08/12 06:47 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Ultra Woman

Is it "Fear"by Deja vu (on the Archive)?

wave

Sydney

(Edmond Rostand)
#167885 06/08/12 09:37 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Is it "Fear"by Deja vu (on the Archive)?
No, this is a great story, but it's not the same I'm trying to remember. In the story I read Clark never left the building. He had been a prisoner at the laboratory since he was a child. I think Dr. Klein came to see him from time to time and he helped Lois to get Clark free. Damn my fuzzy memory! I remember details but I can't remember the title nor the author! wallbash wallbash wallbash

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

#167886 06/08/12 11:22 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
In Stopquitdont's "Ultimate soldier", Clark had been a prisoner at the laboratory since he was a child.

A doctor (Jonathan's brother) helps him to escape when he is a teenager. Clark stays in Smallville with Jonathan and Martha.

But when he is about 16 or 17 (I think), the army (Trask?) finds him and he returns to the laboratory to become an "ultimate soldier". And Lois (a reporter) helps him to escape. Is it this story?

wave

Sydney

(Edmond Rostand)
#167887 06/08/12 12:07 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nope, still not this one. I'm sure Luthor was behind the laboratory and the experiments. wallbash

#167888 06/08/12 01:12 PM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
peep It's possible that you might be remembering my story Specimen , which even I can barely remember (and, sadly, it never made it onto the Archive).

In 'Specimen', Clark does appear as Superman before he appears as Clark Kent, but he's pretty much Clark throughout & comes up with the idea of being Clark himself, so I'm not sure if it's the sort of fic Virginia's looking for.

- Alisha (returning to lurk mode)

#167889 06/10/12 07:28 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow! Thanks everyone! This is amazing. Lots to read!

I thought of another one, too. Although Clark's character is already established, Lois does a bit of make-over on Kal-El in Female Hawk's Trusting Me, Trusting You .

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#167890 06/11/12 01:07 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
There have been a few where Krypton never exploded, and Kal-El comes to Earth to live, and he and Lois create a Clark Kent identity, or something similar. Pam Jernigan's Hearts Divided and Hearts United is one that comes to mind, but I know there's a few others.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard