Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#167396 03/04/12 12:17 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
And for that matter, Lois' too. Just because I'm too lazy and busy to look it up anywhere and need it just for a small tidbit. (For some reason, I want to say that Clark's birthday is some time in august, and Lois' might be in autumn too... but I'm absolutely guessing there). confused help

Thanks!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#167397 03/04/12 01:03 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
As always, my memory is fairly suspect these days - but I'm fairly sure Clark says his birthday is February 29th in the Baron Sunday episode.

Here it is in the script:

SUNDAY:

No trick. I only made use of what was already in his mind. (he regards Clark) You're a... Pisces, right?

CLARK: Good guess. February 29th.

SUNDAY: Nineteen sixty... five?

CLARK: Close. Sixty six.
LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#167398 03/04/12 01:38 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#167399 03/04/12 06:55 AM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUNDAY:

No trick. I only made use of what was already in his mind. (he regards Clark) You're a... Pisces, right?

CLARK: Good guess. February 29th.

SUNDAY: Nineteen sixty... five?

CLARK: Close. Sixty six.
The problem is that 1966 is not a leap year. Or... maybe it is if you come from Krypton. laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#167400 03/04/12 07:00 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark's should be Feb. 28th, no? And I don't think Lois' birthday was ever given an exact date. But she does say that she is a Libra. Personally, I'm tempted to give her a birthday of Oct. 15th. *cough*cough*mybirthday*cough*

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#167401 03/04/12 08:03 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark's birthday takes place during "AKA Superman" which aired 3/16.

I personally always put his birthday in February. He was found 5/17/16 and he looked about 3 months old in "Tempus Fugitive". So I usually put it around 2/17. (Or perhaps Valentine's Day, but I don't know if Martha and Jonathan would be *that* cruel to Clark.) Clark doesn't know his correct birthday because he was born off-planet, so any date could possibly work.

RE: Lois's birthday. Yep, Libra (per "Contact"). I move her birthday around. In Missing Lois it was at the end of Sept. to coincide with her jailtime. In Green-Eyed Monster or more correctly Nightfall Honeymoon I change it around so that their wedding date is towards the end of Sept. and make her birthday 10/6 (canon L&C's official wedding date). evil

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#167402 03/04/12 10:25 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks guys! Now I can (maybe) incorporate those into my story. laugh I owe you guys one.

--Mark Twain
#167403 03/04/12 10:36 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, believe me, there was plenty of fan comment on that birthdate after Never On Sunday aired. goofy

Really, it makes very little sense. But then, dates on the show were generally all over the place - Martha and Jonathan had three different wedding anniversary dates depending on the episode, IIRC - so you could practically pick the one that suited you and still be right. :rolleyes:

Or...considering that Clark was showing some antipathy to Baron Sunday in that clip, there's always the possibility that he was downright lying about those dates just to be irksome. laugh Maybe he wanted to see if Sunday was smart enough to point out that 1966 wasn't a leap year.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#167404 03/04/12 12:05 PM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Love your theory, Labby. laugh

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#167405 03/04/12 03:48 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Other than what was said on Never On Sunday, I'd always assumed Clark's birthday was Feb 28.

According to the Superman Homepage, his birthday has traditionally been February 29th (or 28th).
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/comics/comics.php?topic=comics-superman

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#167406 03/04/12 05:12 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
An interesting theory, Labby. I would whole-heartedly accept that, because I can picture Clark doing that and the leap year thing makes sense. Only I like the idea that Clark, a child who actually wasn't born on planet Earth, also wasn't born on a day that exists in the year 1966. laugh It makes some odd sort of sense. He's technically untraceable in all aspects. wink

Plus, then I don't have to come up with another date.

--Mark Twain
#167407 03/04/12 05:32 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Classicalla:
According to the Superman Homepage, his birthday has traditionally been February 29th (or 28th).
This would explain why he never seems to age. Only having a birthday once every 4 years. peep

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#167408 03/04/12 05:47 PM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Only I like the idea that Clark, a child who actually wasn't born on planet Earth, also wasn't born on a day that exists in the year 1966. laugh It makes some odd sort of sense. He's technically untraceable in all aspects. wink
Of course, even if February 29th existed in Krypton in 1966, for his Earth birthday you'd have to trace his birthday back on an Earth day... which would make it February 28th again.

And I totally just wrote the above mostly needless explanation to justify posting the following, really short, comment:

This would explain why he never seems to age. Only having a birthday once every 4 years.
laugh

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#167409 03/05/12 01:16 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
This would explain why he never seems to age. Only having a birthday once every 4 years.
Ah, but then he should have looked like a little boy of seven on the show.

A paradox. A paradox. A most ingenious paradox. wink

Joy,
Lynn

#167410 03/05/12 06:06 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I had to comment on this. I know the comics always put Clark's birthday as February 29, but I can't see this happening. People who are born on leap days are always given special attention, especially when it’s a leap year. Attention on when their son was born would be the last thing the Kents want... Just my two cents! laugh

It's been awhile since I've seen the episode, but I believe that in "Never On Sunday" Clark actually said his birthday was February 28, given there was no February 29 in 1966. I don't think the script was ever changed.

Oh, I thought you guys would get a kick out of this. This is actually the way that my roommate likes to tease me. She's the only one who knows that I like (am obsessed with) LNC. We'll be in a group of friends, and she'll randomly say that there was no February 29 in 1966. I'll be grinning and blushing like crazy, and she's the only one who knows why.

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
#167411 03/07/12 11:52 AM
Kerth
Kerth
You know, since Clark's birthday has been guesstimated after his arrival on Earth, some stupid government person (who had to put down the date) might have messed up and used Feb 29, even though that day doesn't exist in 1966. (Maybe the government person was drunk/high/stupid/whatever.)

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#167412 03/07/12 02:54 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
You know, since Clark's birthday has been guesstimated after his arrival on Earth, some stupid government person (who had to put down the date) might have messed up and used Feb 29, even though that day doesn't exist in 1966. (Maybe the government person was drunk/high/stupid/whatever.)
Incompetant? Sounds plausible to me. laugh

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard