Okay, first I'm sorry this is late. Being sick is never a good excuse, but I'm using it anyway. =}

SPIFFY DISCLAIMER THINGY! All the stories featured in this quiz qualify for the Best New Author, but this quiz is not a stamp of recommendation for nomination. All the authors are included, but, of course, not all the stories are represented.

Recommendations for other eligible stories are *very* welcome and encouraged!

QUIZ RULES: Two points for getting the story and author from the quote; one point for getting it from the excerpt. Specify which is which, or you'll automatically get one point instead of two. Open hard drive and archive, *don't* forget to snip the excerpts in your replies, and don't forget the spoiler space when you post in the replies thread.

The DEADLINE for entries for this quiz is Tuesday, Feb 14th at 11:59 pm EST. I should have the results done before the next quiz needs scored.

More elaborate quiz instructions can be found here.

Please post your answers here.

EDIT: I'll add an extra point for anyone who spots something different or unusual about the quiz and PM's or emails me. Don't post it in the answers. smile1 smile1

B

E

S

T

N

E

W

A

U

T

H

O

R

Quote # 1: "Hey, Morgan, if you don't mind, I'd like to get this wrapped up sometime today."

Quote # 2: “Hey Clark, wanna get together at my apartment for pizza and a movie later? I rented Lethal Weapon One.”

Quote # 3: "And what is so funny about us?" he asked.

Quote # 4: "Lois," Perry spoke calmly with a taut smile. "I'm not firing Ralph. And I don't know where Clark went. So shoo."

Quote # 5: "Clark, do you think they could be the ones behind all those fires in the Suicide Slum?" she asked.

Quote # 6: "Let go!" I hold out a hand toward the man, as if I'll suddenly develop the power of telekinesis. "Let her go *now*!"

L
O
I
S

A
N
D

C
L
A
R
K

R
O
C
K

Excerpt # 1: I feel so out of place here, though the cloak of anonymity is a bonus. It's nice to be able to just blend into the crowd. It's somehow even comforting.

Excerpt # 2: During the time of the Nightfall asteroid, laundry hung between Clark’s building and its neighbor. Nowadays the fussy new property owner would *never* permit such a thing to happen. In fact, the space between the buildings became the target of a professional landscaping crew.

Excerpt # 3: A hint of annoyance began to creep back into his voice, a remnant of his anger from before. Now that she knew the truth, was she going to suddenly be interested in Clark? She had been pretty adamant about her rejection in the park.

Excerpt # 4: Clark stood there gaping, wondering what on earth he had done to warrant that sort of reaction. Gradually, the bullpen returned to their normal activities, leaving Clark standing there like an idiot.

Excerpt # 5: Lois had just finished combing her wet hair when she heard a knock at her door. She wondered who it could be. She didn't know anyone in her building and no one else had a key to get through the front building.

Excerpt # 6: But I'm not Clark right now, I remind myself; I'm Superman. That's why your eyes are soft and open and there's a bit of a smile playing along the lips I once had the privilege of kissing freely.

party

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~