Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#167024 01/22/12 06:02 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I know because of "The Eyes Have It" there have been some terrific blind Superman stories (including MLT's recent and excellent Blind (Super)Man\'s Bluff ), but has any story ever tackled Lois or Clark as Deaf or Mute and the challenges associated therein? (For some reason Lois as mute seems like a good story idea.)

Just curious if anyone knew of any stories off the top of their heads.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#167025 01/25/12 11:33 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Wasn't Lois mute when Lex kidnapped her? He injected something into her neck.

Either way, I think season one or two Lois would be hilarious if she couldn't yell or go on a crazy Mad Dog tangent.

.talk nerdy to me.
#167026 01/25/12 12:03 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Wasn't Lois mute when Lex kidnapped her? He injected something into her neck.
Yes, but it was only temporary as she seemed able to communicate to Red the plummer (even at a hoarse whisper) several minutes later.

I agree Lois with larengitus for a week (and only making it worse by not being able to stop herself from talking) would be a hillarious fic as well. evil

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#167027 01/25/12 12:52 PM
Kerth
Kerth
The closest I can think of is the one where Clark has a son who's deaf and he has Cochlear surgery... can't recall the title, but it was a very interesting and touching story- and quite accurate, too (I know because my uncle is deaf and had that same surgery).

Can't think of any where Lois or Clark are deaf or mute, though. Might be fun to undertake... but if I do try, it won't be for a little while, considering I've got four other story ideas bouncing around in my brain currently. huh

Eh, we'll see. devil

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#167028 01/25/12 02:10 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by Mouserocks:

Can't think of any where Lois or Clark are deaf or mute, though. Might be fun to undertake... but if I do try, it won't be for a little while, considering I've got four other story ideas bouncing around in my brain currently.
I have a love/hate relationship with this problem. On the one hand, you've always got something to write, but on the other hand, you feel overwhelmed and like you need to rush through one project before the next one gets too stale.

.talk nerdy to me.
#167029 01/25/12 02:13 PM
Kerth
Kerth
[b]

Can't think of any where Lois or Clark are deaf or mute, though. Might be fun to undertake... but if I do try, it won't be for a little while, considering I've got four other story ideas bouncing around in my brain currently.
I have a love/hate relationship with this problem. On the one hand, you've always got something to write, but on the other hand, you feel overwhelmed and like you need to rush through one project before the next one gets too stale. [/b]
Procrastination and other work helps to put a damper on that. But yeah, I know what you mean. I have a notebook dedicated to LnC fic ideas that's practically full- and they're all just pieces of stories and half-coherent stuff running around in every sort of direction. No one else can keep track of it. laugh

--Mark Twain
#167030 01/25/12 02:15 PM
Columnist
Columnist
[b]
[b]

I have a love/hate relationship with this problem. On the one hand, you've always got something to write, but on the other hand, you feel overwhelmed and like you need to rush through one project before the next one gets too stale. [/b]
Procrastination and other work helps to put a damper on that. But yeah, I know what you mean. I have a notebook dedicated to LnC fic ideas that's practically full- and they're all just pieces of stories and half-coherent stuff running around in every sort of direction. No one else can keep track of it. laugh [/b]
Secretly it's an encrypted spy agenda.

.talk nerdy to me.
#167031 01/25/12 03:08 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You guys! rotflol

/Psst. I have several notebooks like that. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
#167032 01/25/12 03:21 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] Secretly it's an encrypted spy agenda.
You guys! rotflol

/Psst. I have several notebooks like that. laugh [/b]
Do any of them have a mute Lois? Lol

.talk nerdy to me.
#167033 01/25/12 04:39 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Do any of them have a mute Lois? Lol
Only the one I've already posted to the boards. laugh And she wasn't that mute! Just a gun packing mama.

VirginiaR.
---
#167034 01/25/12 06:48 PM
Kerth
Kerth
spider How do *YOU* know!

--Mark Twain
#167035 01/25/12 06:55 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yvonne Connell wrote an excellent mute (but not deaf) Lois in Damaged, which is a sequel to Addicted, also a great fic. Definitely recommend both! Make sure you read them in the right order though. wink

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#167036 01/27/12 05:50 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
The closest I can think of is the one where Clark has a son who's deaf and he has Cochlear surgery... can't recall the title, but it was a very interesting and touching story- and quite accurate, too (I know because my uncle is deaf and had that same surgery).
I agree that is a very good story. It's called Above Alt Else by SunRei.

The premise of a deaf Clark or Lois is very intriguing. I don't think I've ever read a story like that. Maybe you should post this in the Fanfic Challenge forum! I'd be interested in reading it! smile

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard