#166815 12/17/11 05:17 PM
T
TriciaW Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Hey FoLCs! smile1

I know it’s still 2011 but it’s also time to start thinking about the 2012 Kerth Awards. wink

The Kerth committee for 2012 is Annette Ciotola, Elena and Tricia Walpole but we couldn’t do it without all the FoLCs who dedicate their time and energy to making this ceremony even more fun. Amber and Nancy will be coordinating and organising the quizzes. They will be asking for some volunteers to help very soon. So keep a look out for their post. Karen, Amber and Nancy will be coordinating the Kerth Ceremony. Kathy MacFarlane, our external auditor, continues to help us tally the votes. And most of all, we’ve got all the writers and readers, without whom the awards wouldn’t exist at all! clap And if there’s still a question we haven’t answered, feel free to email me. We’ll be happy to help you!

The Kerth Committee cool
(Tricia, Elena and Annette)

#166816 12/18/11 01:42 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thank you, Annette, Elena and Tricia for all of the work you will be doing to ensure that we will have a fun evening. smile

Joy,
Lynn

#166817 12/22/11 10:32 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I have a question that has bugged me for awhile. Why is there no category for "Best Long Story"? In other words, ones that are more than 200k. (Not that I'm complaining or anything. I was just wondering.)

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
#166818 12/22/11 04:53 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Actually, I thought there was a category for "Best Long Story" too!

#166819 12/28/11 04:14 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You know that is a very good question. I can think of a couple of authors who have written some really cool fics in years past who should be so honored.

Any thoughts in that direction Dr. Klein? Labrat? wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#166820 12/28/11 04:55 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, don't look at me. laugh I have no clue.

All I can suggest is that I seem to recall there being such a category in past Kerths, but these things are fluid and change from year to year. In the past, the main reason for dropping a category, IIRC, has been there haven't been enough stories to make up a full cat. Whether that's the case this year for this cat, I have no idea.

I understand that Tricia is on vacation and out of town until the end of January, but perhaps someone else from K-Comm can give you an answer before then.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard