Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
I was thinking the other day of a story that I read as it was being published in 2006 and loved. I went looking for it. I tried the archive. Not there. I tried Anne's Place, as I had a vague thought it may have been nfic. Not there. Thankfully after much head scratching, I was able to find it in the nfic section of the these boards.

It got me thinking: how many wonderful stories are out there that get forgotten because they aren't on one of the archives? I think a list would be helpful. If you know of such a story, post it here, including a link if it is gfic, or a description of how to find it if it isn't gfic.

The Pen Is Mightier Than The Heart by tvnerdgirl (search the nFanfic TOC)

lisa in the sky with diamonds
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
You have a good point. It got me thinking--can the Archive "archive" something that's offsite, assuming we have permission to link. Obviously, having everything saved and served from the same location makes for better management but this would be one way to put people in touch with stories outside the archive.

BTW, I did a quick search for "tvnerdgirl" and found this URL:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3038321/1/The_Pen_Is_Mightier_Than_the_Heart

Shallowford
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm sure there's a really LONG list of stories that aren't on the archive. frown And I believe the nfics are the majority of them. I remember from the top of my mind (because I already looked for them when I wanted to reread it and had to go hunting the TOCs):

From The Ruins by Alisha Knight
Inside Out by Editor Jax
Don't You Dare! by Darth Michael
Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned by Darth Michael
Family Man by stopquitdont
Not Again by Kipp

Gfics:

Some Things are Meant to Be by Deja Vu

Andreia (hoping to see these on the archive someday) grovel

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
From The Ruins and
Family Man have already been posted to the archive. I don't know about the others.

A good place to find all stories is the Fanfic index . At the bottom, find what title you want and click on the correct letter. That will show all stories that have been written. On the right, it shows if it has been posted to the archive. It also has the link to the TOC. The list has stories that have been completed and WIP. The Fanfic index also has the stories listed by author, but there are no links on that page.

I love browsing when I'm looking for something I haven't read yet! Hope this helps. smile

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
From The Ruins and
Family Man have already been posted to the archive. I don't know about the others.
Both have nfic versions that weren't posted in Annesplace.

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/tiptoes in/

Umm... notworthy

Some day. When I'm able to drag my mind to cleaning them up. Fury, really, has a couple of early chapters that need a good clean up, writing style wise.

Thanks for liking them so much that you point them to the archives blush blush blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
blush
Both have nfic versions that weren't posted in Annesplace.
blush

Yeah, I, er, just never got round to sending From the Ruins to Annesplace. Sorry. blush It's nice to know that you wanted to re-read it, though, Andreia. I'll see if I can get the n-version onto Annesplace, although I think I made a couple of minor changes to the archived gfic version so I might have to hunt down my uncooperative muse and set her to work editing first.

- Alisha (who sometimes needs prompting and prodding to do things, but is nevertheless flattered to hear that people are searching for and/or reading any of her stories)

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard