Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Blogger
Blogger
In CarolM's It\'s a Big Bed It works on the 'Lexor-Law' But lois and Clark were on the path to love and Lois knows CK=S; because they decided to share the bed in the suite and Lois sees Clark float in his sleep.

Also Mrs. Luthor's A Mother\'s Love is a story set on Krypton, where Jor-El had built two ships instead of one and sent baby Kal-El's birth wife to earth as well(a alt-Lois). While it ends at Krypton's explosion, it is a good Altverse working the ideas of L&C being soulmates and a Kryptonian birth marriage.

Jenna: "That's enough! You release the Charactors from this tragedy right now, you little gnome. Or I promise to send you somewhere far worse than the fifth dimension!"

Kazbo sarcastically: "You have me so scared!" menacing: "try dealing with this!" throws in a slow, agonising death. then disappears.
-from an arguement with Kazbo, the evil muse
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In 24 Hours Lois and Clark get married because Lois thinks she is going to die, and if it happened Clark would be her next of kin.

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by KenJ:
The Backwards trilogy by CarolM comes to mind.

Lois Kent is helping with the Kent B&B when Clark Lane shows up on a story. They wind up in bed together and by the laws of the county they are considered married. This is used to pre-empt Zara's claim to Clark as a birth wife.

Delightful set.
So glad you liked it! I reread it here not too long ago even laugh .

An old one [that I cringe reading] that's a soulverse is my Sister Switch where Herb messing things up so Clark ends up married to the wrong sister and Lois and Clark have to go back and fix it. That Lois-character marries the Clark-character at the last minute.

And, SQD, I'm rereading OTOH [in my 'spare' :p time] at the moment, thanks to seeing your mention here a few days ago laugh .
Saw Falling Slowly mixed in there too - reread it first since it doesn't require 8000 hours to read wink .

Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Had this idea while FDK'ing Virginia's Green Eyed Monster. Okay, she brought it up. I moved it over here. And hey, maybe it's even in her story later on, so never mind blush

What if Lois has to marry Clark (okay, not a stranger, just S1) to get out of the reputation of being Superman's girlfriend? Because it hurts her work. And is too dangerous. Etc. Etc.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Was thinking that, too, Michael. Would be very interesting. And what if (and this is unlikely) Clark didn't actually tell her he was Superman beforehand? eek Again, not really likely, but I can see Lois just pushing him through this sort of thing and he just gets caught up in the whirlwind and, whoops...

"Yes! That oughta get the tabloids off my back about shacking up with Superman!"

"Um, Lois, about that..."
laugh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
what is the absolute worse thing you could see Clark doing to betray Lois and be redeemed
Using Mouserocks's idea, Clark could marry Lois without telling her the secret. She would find out it later, maybe à la Tempus: "Duh! Your husband is Superman!" How is that for galactically stupid?

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
And what if (and this is unlikely) Clark didn't actually tell her he was Superman beforehand? eek Again, not really likely,
Oooooo, actually, that's *very* likely if you take S1 and no actual hanky-panky on their honeymoon. clap There's a story by MLT that has them married during BatP and HoL, don't remember if it was just as friends or as young love but sans consummation huh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Don't think it's been done this way yet, but...

What if Lois and Clark (S1 or S2)got into a situation where they had to pretend to get married for their cover for a story. They have to actually go through with one of those quicky ceremonies, like at a Vegas chapel.

Clark is stunned, but Lois tells him she has it all covered. The guy who is going to marry them is just an actor she hired and not someone certified to be able to preform an actual marriage.

After the ceremony, the 'actor' comes running up to Lois to apologise for being late, but is ready to go then.

Lois realizes that a real official had to step in and take the place of her 'personal minister' and thus... they are really married.

Or, Lois gets the chapels mixed up and they go to the wrong one. She doesn't realize until later when she gets back to the room and checks her communication with the actor that they went to the wrong chapel.

Tank (who thinks it might be fun to watch all the chaos that happens that keeps forcing them to put off getting the annullment until...)

Kerth
Kerth
This just popped into my brain right now... though I can't say I like it all that much...

What if Lois married Clark for the sole purpose of marrying Superman? Say, if Clark didn't tell her yet, when they were dating, but Lois already knew. Don't know how, but somehow they ended up married and when Clark found out she only married him for Superman and not Clark, it confirms his worst fears and he's no longer happy in the marriage. Clark pulling away makes Lois unhappy, too, since she sees less of Superman...

Just a thought. huh

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This thread has fed my muse about 3 different plot bunnies. Now, to see if she can turn them into distinct stories. laugh

I like the idea of Lois being forced to marry Clark for some reason (thinking along the lines of something set on Krypton).

And I like the idea of Lois and Clark faking a marriage for some reason and finding out later that it was real. Actually, that kinda reminds me of the plot bunny in Friends where Ross and Rachael are drunk in Vegas and get married, and Ross doesn't want to anull it. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What if Lois married Clark for the sole purpose of marrying Superman? Say, if Clark didn't tell her yet, when they were dating, but Lois already knew. Don't know how, but somehow they ended up married and when Clark found out she only married him for Superman and not Clark, it confirms his worst fears and he's no longer happy in the marriage. Clark pulling away makes Lois unhappy, too, since she sees less of Superman...
Well, that one might fall under the catagory of something unforgiveable. laugh Can you see how Lois would be able to dig herself out of that hole? I can't.

It almost falls into the rhelm of PML, if Clark HADN'T behaved when Lois had seduced him. Would she -- could she as S1 Lois -- ever forgive him? And continue working together?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Well, that one might fall under the catagory of something unforgiveable. laugh Can you see how Lois would be able to dig herself out of that hole? I can't.

It almost falls into the rhelm of PML, if Clark HADN'T behaved when Lois had seduced him. Would she -- could she as S1 Lois -- ever forgive him? And continue working together?
Well, I did say I didn't particularly like the idea... Yes, I can see how in Clark's eyes that would be unforgivable (or at the very least, close to it). There wouldn't be any digging out of it, I don't think. Were we specifically looking for happy endings though? blush

Hmm... Clark not behaving (while initially fun devil ) would be difficult to do. Because as long as Lois knew or even ever found out in the future about CK=S, she wouldn't forgive him, knowing the spray had no effect on him. As Clark, she might. As for working together... they might, but if they did, Lois would ruin him. Ruin. Him.

Now if Clark (unaffected) decided to *marry* Lois while she was under the influence... /shudders/

--Mark Twain
Kerth
Kerth
BTW, because I forgot to mention this...
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
And I like the idea of Lois and Clark faking a marriage for some reason and finding out later that it was real. Actually, that kinda reminds me of the plot bunny in Friends where Ross and Rachael are drunk in Vegas and get married, and Ross doesn't want to anull it. laugh
I literally just saw that episode the other day! One of my favorites! Does kind of have the same feel to it, Ross and Rachel's relationship. Which is why they're on my rotating desktop of my favorite couples... with LnC of course!

--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer

Now if Clark (unaffected) decided to *marry* Lois while she was under the influence... /shudders/ [/QB]
Ah, but what if he was, in fact, affected? laugh

Okay, that's been done, and quite a bit, so for a twist...hmm...

Lois wakes up and finds out she's married to Superman. smile She comes to, groggy, and floating two feet above her bed with an equally-groggy man wearing only a wedding ring. wink Now Clark has to prevent them from actually getting anulled or divorced, because that would involve looking at the paperwork, which means her seeing the marriage liscence and realizing what names are actually on it. laugh

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:
Lois wakes up and finds out she's married to Superman. smile She comes to, groggy, and floating two feet above her bed with an equally-groggy man wearing only a wedding ring. wink Now Clark has to prevent them from actually getting anulled or divorced, because that would involve looking at the paperwork, which means her seeing the marriage liscence and realizing what names are actually on it. laugh
Wouldn't the floating 2 feet above the bed be a sure give-a-way? confused

Or do you mean, she knows she's married to Superman, but the marriage license says Clark Kent? Ooooh. hyper Yep, that would be a twist.

<<cough, cough>> And why would she be wanting the annulment / divorce again? huh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:

Now if Clark (unaffected) decided to *marry* Lois while she was under the influence... /shudders/
Ah, but what if he was, in fact, affected? laugh

Okay, that's been done, and quite a bit, so for a twist...hmm...

Lois wakes up and finds out she's married to Superman. smile She comes to, groggy, and floating two feet above her bed with an equally-groggy man wearing only a wedding ring. wink Now Clark has to prevent them from actually getting anulled or divorced, because that would involve looking at the paperwork, which means her seeing the marriage liscence and realizing what names are actually on it. laugh [/QB]
Or conversely...

Lois wakes up, same as you described, and Clark was affected, too. End up married, yada yada yada, but the name on the marriage certificate is *Superman* not Clark Kent (not sure how one would work that huh I guess just prove he was Superman or something?). So instead of Clark being the one wanting to stay in the marriage, he's trying to get a divorce (can't imagine it being anulled, considering their sleeping arrangments laugh ) to keep the public/media from finding out that Superman got married to Lois Lane. eek

Now that the ball's started rolling, I can't seem to get these ideas out of my head...

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois wakes up, same as you described, and Clark was affected, too. End up married, yada yada yada, but the name on the marriage certificate is *Superman* not Clark Kent (not sure how one would work that huh I guess just prove he was Superman or something?). So instead of Clark being the one wanting to stay in the marriage, he's trying to get a divorce (can't imagine it being anulled, considering their sleeping arrangments laugh ) to keep the public/media from finding out that Superman got married to Lois Lane. eek

Now that the ball's started rolling, I can't seem to get these ideas out of my head...
Maybe that's what really happened at the beginning of Queen of Capes story: It\'s Gonna To Be A Bumpy Ride ? And after the media found out they put a different spin on things...

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]Lois wakes up, same as you described, and Clark was affected, too. End up married, yada yada yada, but the name on the marriage certificate is *Superman* not Clark Kent (not sure how one would work that huh I guess just prove he was Superman or something?). So instead of Clark being the one wanting to stay in the marriage, he's trying to get a divorce (can't imagine it being anulled, considering their sleeping arrangments laugh ) to keep the public/media from finding out that Superman got married to Lois Lane. eek

Maybe that's what really happened at the beginning of Queen of Capes story: It\'s Gonna To Be A Bumpy Ride ? And after the media found out they put a different spin on things... [/b]
rotflol Very funny little read! Glad you recommended it! Yes, perhaps...

--Mark Twain
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap I missed that the first time around. Queenie, you really should expand it. I want to know exactly how Lois and Clark got into this situation, and how she ended up pregnant if Clark thinks this marriage is only going to last for a couple of years.

Please? grovel

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by HappyGirl:
<strong> clap I missed that the first time around. Queenie, you really should expand it. I want to know exactly how Lois and Clark got into this situation, and how she ended up pregnant if Clark thinks this marriage is only going to last for a couple of years.

Please? peep

~•~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard