Print Thread
#166341 08/11/11 12:12 PM
P
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
P
Hi everyone,

I did a quick search in the archives, but didn't find anything on point. As someone with a soft spot for George & Lynn stories, I was wondering if anyone ever put together a comprehensive list of these stories? I was going through my collection and wondered how many I was missing.

I have:
A New Beginning
A Season of Love
A Woman's Prerogative
Between Takes
Fateful Night
Legerdemaine
Much Ado About Nothing
Sex, Lies, and Forgiveness
Still
The Princess and the Please
To Tree Or Not To Tree
Turkey in the Straw
Undressed Rehearsal
Undressed Rehearsal, Redux
Where Emerson Meets Clark

Anybody know of others I am missing? Thanks in advance!

#166342 08/11/11 01:03 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just a pre-emptive reminder that although you can certainly refer to these stories and list them, anything more in depth as regards discussions of plot etc will be a breach of these mbs' rules as we don't allow G&L stories to be posted here or actor gossip.

I figure it's easier to point that out now, at the start, then start having to deal with posts that break the rule after the fact. wink

So, bearing that in mind, have at it. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#166343 08/11/11 01:21 PM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Oh I don't know. Love em too. If there's any missing from your list, I'd like to know as well.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#166344 08/11/11 01:32 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
All right, I'll show my ignorance. What's a George and Lynn story, and where can one find the ones you listed? I did a search of the archive and of the MB for a couple of the titles, but came up empty.

Thanks,
Lynn

#166345 08/11/11 02:04 PM
P
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
P
Lynn,

George & Lynn fic is not Lois & Clark fic per se. Without getting into specifics and breaking the MB's policy, these stories feature two characters, George and Lynn, who are/were the two lead actors of a television show called "Lisa & Kirk". That Teri Hatcher's middle name is Lynn and Dean Cain's middle name is George is coincidental. ;-) There have been a number of writers who have written G & L stories, and they all put their unique slant on them.

I am grateful to LabRat for clarifying the G & L policy, as I was not aware before my post!

#166346 08/11/11 02:17 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Ah. That explains it. Thanks. Had they been called 'Dean & Teri stories,' I would have grokked it instantly.

Wendy Richards' Big Boys Do Fly series features the characters Laura Lindsay and Conor Cane as stars in a television show that is very L&C-like. Does that count? Or must the stories be about characters with the names 'George' and 'Lynn'? (After all, a Mary Sue by any other name is just as abysmal; perhaps a George and Lynn by any other names would be considered as funny?)

Oh, there's also Debby Stark's Swapmeet: Burbank and Margaret Brignell's Swapmeet: Metropolis which have similarities in overall plotline to Galaxy Quest. If you want more details, send me a PM. I don't want to be more specific here lest I violate the terms of the MB.

Joy,
Lynn

#166347 08/11/11 03:31 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, there's also Debby Stark's Swapmeet: Burbank and Margaret Brignell's Swapmeet: Metropolis which have similarities in overall plotline to Galaxy Quest. If you want more details, send me a PM. I don't want to be more specific here lest I violate the terms of the MB.
You're fine on these, Lynn, as they're not part of the G&L subset of fanfic but crossovers. Part of the plot involves Lois and Clark, alongside Teri and Dean, and the plot itself doesn't revolve around the actors' private lives, AFAIR, which is the main reason we don't host G&L here. They are reworking of actor gossip, with the plots revolving around T&D's private lives, which we don't allow on this forum.

And no worries, Pumpkin - as I said, it's just easier to issue a pre-emptive reminder of the rules for those who may be unaware of them, than have to sort out posts afterwards. We don't have many rules here, but the actor gossip and G&L prohibitions are two of the main ones.

It also occurs to me that you might get more information on G&L over on Zoomway's mbs, where most, if not all, of the stories are posted and most of their fans/authors hang out.

Good luck in filling any gaps in your collection!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#166348 08/13/11 10:41 AM
P
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
P
Thank you all!

#166349 08/17/11 12:19 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yep, Pumpkin, you missed one of the best: This Ain't A Love Song.

The author CLAIMS that it's finished, but I think it could go on a few more parts grumble

Personally, it's one of my FAVORITES thumbsup

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

#166350 08/17/11 06:00 PM
P
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
P
Lola, you have ABSOLUTELY just made my day. Thank you so much!

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard