Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#166305 07/28/11 04:11 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hello! I am looking for suggestions on stories to read. Now, before you get excited, I’ve read a TON lately. I’ve read through most of the Kerth stories on the awards website and I’ve moved through a lot of the most popular authors we’ve had the pleasure of reading on this great fandom of ours. I’ve also been a part of this fandom since probably 2000/2001 so I feel like I’ve exhausted a lot of the archives. I know this can’t possibly be true, which is why I’m asking you all for your suggestions.

It may be easier to say what I’m not necessarily looking for. That list is a lot shorter. I’m not really into kidfic or deathfic. New Krypton makes me too sad, unless he’s only gone for a short time (like a year or less). Alt-Universe stories aren’t my favorite, but I do enjoy a good one now and again. I also tend more toward pre-marriage stories.

Anything else is pretty much fair game. I’m looking for long-ish stories between 100-300kb, but longer is welcome as well. Lots of angst is always a plus. Any suggestions???

Although I’m looking for new stories/authors that I haven’t yet discovered, I’m excited to possibly read some old favorites that I haven’t revisited in years.

On that note, I’ve been thinking of a fic lately but don’t remember much about it. All I can think of is LnC are kidnapped and trapped in the basement of a cabin in the woods. They escape, but end up running through the woods for awhile towards safety. That could fit several stories, but I welcome any suggestions on this as well.

Thanks in advance for any help! I know this is quite a broad request. I hope everyone is well and having a fantastic Thursday. The weekend is almost here! dance

~Kristen (who thinks this post has the feel of a personal ad)

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
You might be looking for Erin Klingler's 'The Darkest Hour (Before the Dawn)'.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yup, that one definitely sounds like Erin's story. But if it isn't, read it anyway - along with the rest of her wonderful work. clap

Some of my own stories seem to fit your brief.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I particularly like L's "Long Strange Trip" but that's certainly a commitment - it's something like 800 pages.

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
LnC are kidnapped and trapped in the basement of a cabin in the woods. They escape, but end up running through the woods for awhile towards safety.
Actually, this one sounds like Wendy Richard's Faux Pax to me.

I usually turn to Alt-Clark stories when I'm in the mood for a re-read, but not always. Here are a few of my faves:

In Dreams by Kaylle
Some Kind of Angel by Christine Carr
Lost and Found by Jeff Brogden
Momentum or Tea Totaled by Kathy Brown
12:01 by Zoomway
Lost In Time by ML Thompson
Single White Kryptonian by Shayne Terry
Field of Dreams by Caroline K.
Anybody\'s Baby by Annie M.

Gosh, there are so many more that I could list. So many good stories and so little time... Further, I'm sure many of them have Kerth noms or awards, so they are probably repeats of stories that you've read.

I really should be kept out of threads like this...
B

Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thank you all very much! I'm working my way through your suggestions. This will keep me busy for awhile. smile

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard