Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#166091 06/21/11 10:24 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Iolanthe and I are wondering if anyone remembers if Lex Luthor's full name is mentioned in L&C canon?

We know he's an Alexander Luthor in Smallville and in the comics, but is it ever explictly mentioned on L&C that Lex is short for Alexander?

Thank you.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#166092 06/22/11 12:10 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hello Virginia,

I've downloaded all of the scripts in part to make answering questions such as this a breeze. A quick Windows search through the files reveals the following: The name 'Alexander' is mentioned in two scripts. In the pilot, Lex owns and discusses the history of Alexander the Great's sword. Although it could be argued that part of his interest in this artifact is that it belonged to his namesake, such an argument would be purely speculative. The other time it is used, in Vatman, is as a surname.

So as far as official L&C canon is concerned, 'Lex' is not necessarily short for 'Alexander' in Luthor's case.

Joy,
Lynn

#166093 06/22/11 01:06 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wikipedia says Lex's full name is Alexandre Joseph Luthor. From this page :
Lex's full name is Alexander Joseph Luthor, named after Alexander the Great.
But in House of Luthor, during the wedding ceremony, we can hear the Archbishop asking:

Do you Lex, take this woman...

So, I believe that in L&C canon, Lex is Luthor's real name.

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#166094 06/22/11 01:07 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Although, knowing that Lex is short for Alexander gives an added dimension to Lex's affinity to the earlier Alexander - and his epithet.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard