Print Thread
#165935 04/27/11 12:23 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hello,

It's trivia time! What did Jimmy eat on the show, either on screen or off? I am especially interested in his diet during the first season, but information about later episodes would help, as well.

I seem to recall his having eaten a doughnut, but I don't remember the episode. And then there was the almost-eating at the restaurant in 'AKA Superman'. Oh, and the almost-eating the candy in 'Seasons Greedings'. I can't recall other specifics, but I'm sure we saw him eat more than that, or at least allude to eating more than that.

Also, does anyone recall in which first season episodes Jimmy has any sort of interactions with Superman? (Obviously, he works with 'C.K.' daily, but that doesn't count for my story.) I want to re-watch those episodes for research purposes for a story that is percolating in my mind, but I haven't the time to re-watch the entire first season.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Joy,
Lynn

#165936 04/27/11 01:57 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In Target: Jimmy Olsen he eats popcorn. In House of Luthor he eats Canadian bacon pizza and Crawfish etouffee (cooked by Perry).

In Pheromone My Lovely Superman flies carrying Jimmy.

That is what I remember from the top of my mind, but there must be more that I can't remember now. wink

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#165937 04/27/11 02:03 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Interesting question... I can only think of one instance, towards the end of Season 2 in 'Target: Jimmy Olsen!" where he ate popcorn and I think drank some soda with Sarah.

And there was a Superman interaction (though season 2, I know) -- remember when Jimmy's brakes went out in his car and Superman floats in casually to merely suggest turning off the engine? Oh, wait! I remember one from the first season -- in 'Pheromone, my lovely' Superman saves Jimmy from a truck about to run him over outside of the club where he was trying to impress April.

Hope that helps! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#165938 04/27/11 01:58 PM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Andreia and MozartMaid,

Thank you for the help! I'm impressed by your ability to recall this information! You've made it a lot easier for me to to the necessary follow-on research. (I have to watch L&C - Oh darn! wink )

Thanks again.

Joy,
Lynn

#165939 04/28/11 07:55 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Jimmy also nibbles on Perry's fries in 'All Shook Up' . Did someone mention the Chinese food and steak he ate with Penny in 'AKA Superman'? And wasn't he supposed to go eat dinner at Lois's that one Christmas in season 2, where she made this huge feast and only Clark showed up (title slips my mind)? Hope this helps.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#165940 05/08/11 02:48 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Jimmy and Superman have a lot of interaction in Virtually Destroyed. Jimmy helps Superman figure out how to save Lois from the virtual reality world in which she's trapped.

They have some interaction in AKA Superman when Jimmy confesses that he let his girlfriend believe that he was Superman. BTW, Jimmy also eats in a Chinese restaurant in the same episode.

This *is* my happily ever after.
#165941 05/08/11 03:37 PM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Virginia and HappyGirl,

Thanks for the info!

Actually, the Chinese food in AKA Superman was one of the eating incidents I had remembered on my own and had mentioned in my initial request. But the other tidbits you both posted I hadn't thought of.

The first draft of the story for which I posed my question is almost complete. I am trying to stick with canon in this story; fortunately, nothing anyone posted has posed an insurmountable problem to my story line. I don't want to say much more about my story for fear of spoilers.

Thanks again.

Joy,
Lynn

#165942 05/09/11 03:30 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
He drinks coffee. In Witness Lois asks him "How about a cup of coffee?" and he says "Sure, I'd love one".

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#165943 05/09/11 04:17 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Let me guess--your Jimmy needs a gluten free diet. wink That would have to be gluten-free Canadian bacon pizza, though. frown

This *is* my happily ever after.
#165944 05/09/11 04:37 PM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Not quiet, although I am very familiar with gluten-free diets. My son has numerous food allergies and sensitivities. Among other things we avoid is gluten.

Jimmy doesn't have Celiac's Disease/Coeliac's Sprue or any other allergy or sensitivity to gluten or even just to wheat. (For those not familiar with the term 'gluten,' it is a protein found in wheat, rye, and barley. And because of the danger of cross-contamination, most oats are suspect, as well.)

The first draft of the story is now about 95-98% complete, but it is a very rough first draft. I usually write my stories from start to finish, but the climax of this story was so clear to me that I wrote it first, and then wound up writing other scenes in anything but start-to-finish order. And I rather fear that that would be painfully obvious to anyone reading the first draft of the story. I'll need to do a lot of editing before it is even beta-worthy.

I never set any deadlines for my fanfic writing -- this writing is my stress relief, and deadlines would create stress -- but I am hoping to have at least a BR-worthy version by the end of this coming weekend.

Thanks again for the help.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard