Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#165602 03/16/11 06:51 AM
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
This thread is for those of us who keep compulsively refreshing the Fanfic folder in hopes of finding a new chapter of Female Hawk's "Trusting Me, Trusting You". Corrina's posting schedule is a completely reasonable (and generous, given the complexity of the story) every 3-4 days, but anyone who has been following this story from the beginning knows that this isn't nearly often enough. goofy I figured starting a thread here would give us all an outlet between chapters.

So next time you come to the boards every hour in hopes of finding another chapter, and lament the fact there is nothing new to read, post here and tell us about it. That way, we'll always be able to read something new here while we wait. dance

Hi, I'm Kathy, and I'm a TMTY-aholic!

#165603 03/16/11 07:33 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Huh, yeah... It's been a while since we had one of those

Umm... I'm Michael, and I understand that it is PC to say I understand that the waiting between parts is understandable and necessary.

PS: wink

PPS: goofy

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#165604 03/16/11 08:18 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
*raises hand* Yep, I'm right there with you :p

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
#165605 03/16/11 08:44 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow I am not the only one. I was feeling pathetic! I am addicted to Female hawks writing. This story is unbelievable, it has the capability of being the highlight of my day. I do a happy dance when she posts. I am frustrated while waiting and I check the boards at least 3 x a day. Pathetic! I am also frustrated by their slow slow intimacy. I know I know they all need to heal blah blah blah. Darn it! I want some action! You would think being intimate would help them heal some of their emotional woes and physical needs. Sheesh! They are in love and need each other. I almost want to go on strike! wildguy But I really really love this story. I was afraid of it at the beginning and now it is one of my all time favorites. I am a greedy little bugger! I want more more more!

Ok now that I went of on a rant I feel a little better blush thanks for giving us a place to let off steam wink

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#165606 03/16/11 12:32 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I am a TMTY-aholic also! Isn't Female Hawk's writing simply awesome?! I can never get enough!

Elizabeth

#165607 03/16/11 01:33 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Holy cow is my new phrase these days. smile1
I haven't started having dreams about it...yet. goofy
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#165608 03/16/11 03:06 PM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Holy cow is my new phrase these days.

We need buttons or something.
Make that Holy-Freakin'-Cow! I miss CC, too. wink

Hi. I'm a semi-lurker and I'm addicted to TMTY. I don't always get around to posting FDK, but I'm refreshing the mbs too often for my own good.

Is it Thursday yet? Are we getting a post on Thursday? What time is it in Australia, anyway?

Ack! It'll probably be Friday before the next part. I don't think I'm going to make it.
dizzy

#165609 03/16/11 04:50 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Ahhh ... Thank you blush

I'm Corrina, and I'm addicted, too. That's why this story rarely leaves my mind. That's why sometimes, I stay up late, thumping away at my keyboard. That's why I feel help when I know where I want to get to, but the way isn't clear and peep peep when I fear it's all falling apart.

It has taken a lot longer than I anticipated to get back into the swing of TMTY after the ficathon break. It was as if I lost it somewhere. confused

Laura - I hear you. Lois and Clark got romantically close in the cell, but it was never going to be sustainable. Other things needed to be put in place first. And that takes time.

I have two choices now. I could allow them to get close, kiss, be a couple in every sense of the word, and finish the series with Trail.

But I really want to write Story 4. And if I let them sort out all of their issues now, I won't have a story - or if I have a story, it will be flaky and repetitive.

I really, really don't want to write a good story and finish with a weak ending. I hope that by the time we get to Story 4, you'll understand the need for the current frustrations.

Anyway, thanks for letting me peek into your group wink I can tell you that I'm writing 23. I have about 1000 words written and the rest plotted. As soon as it is ready and goes to my amazing BRs, I'll post part 16.

THANK YOU all so much for your interest and your encouragement love

Corrina.

#165610 03/16/11 05:17 PM
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Clearly I've been spending too much time on Facebook, because I wanted to "like" Corrina's response. goofy

Personally, I'm not twitching to have L&C get intimate in TMTY. I'm not saying I won't welcome it when it comes -- I absolutely will -- but I don't feel like the story is artificially putting up roadblocks or that it's taking too long to get them there. It feels very natural to me, especially since they've really only known each other a short time and they are both so traumatized by what they've gone through. To me, the story is about primarily about their emotional healing, and if they jumped into bed together (or even had some hot make out scenes), it just wouldn't feel in character for me. (Yet. This is not to say that in story 4, or whenever the plot takes them there, I don't want to see anything less than major WAFF and hopefully some steam. wink )

So I say keep doing what you're doing. thumbsup There have been very few chapters that have felt like filler to me, and especially recently, the action has really been ramping up and I feel like significant progress is being made. (Even if it's killing me that I can't burrow into your hard drive and devour everything you've written so far. wink )

Kathy

#165611 03/16/11 05:49 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi. I'm Pat and I'm a TMTY junkie. I'd sell it on the street corner if it would mean that I'd get to the later installments faster.

Corrina, I love the bends and twists in your mind. You make reading one of your stories a necessity of life. Thank you so much for not catering to our requests, but keeping to the ideas of your own mind. You are one in a million. hyper

#165612 03/16/11 09:06 PM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Hi, I am DW and also a TMTY-junkie.

Only found the support group now - it really is a wonderful idea and makes me feel a WHOLE lot better knowing that I am not the only one whose refresh button is in danger of not working anymore.

And it really is pathetic that I check the boards very regularly each and every day, knowing that I have other stuff that needs to get done, but nonetheless, here I am, again, checking to see if Corrina has magically decided to post ... uhm ... the rest of the story, including the part still to be written. A mind reader, even over long distances, would at times like these really be wonderful.

I also really want story 4 - really don't want to see this end - what would I do with all my time then? - even though, at times, I wish it would move a little quicker, but only because I always want the next installment after the one that was just posted!

Anyway, I feel better now!

laugh

#165613 03/17/11 08:22 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh yes definitely I want a 4 and a 5 and a 6 and I don't ever want the slow but wonderful torture to end. As much as I would like them to kiss already, I do understand where you have them right now. Don't change a thing on my account! I can dream...

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#165614 03/19/11 12:11 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
help help help help help help help help help help help help help help

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#165615 03/19/11 10:34 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL MIchael. I am here again too!! wave

Caroline's "Stardust"
#165616 03/19/11 11:03 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
help I'm hanging out for another fix of TMTY!

LOL

#165617 03/19/11 11:28 AM
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
So glad I'm not alone in needing help help help .

I think we need to change "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?" to "How many clicks does it take to get the next chapter of TMTY?"

wink

Kathy

#165618 03/19/11 11:30 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
"How many clicks does it take to get the next chapter of TMTY?
Will it help if I bite my computer?

<click>

<click>

<click>

Ah, nope.

#165619 03/19/11 12:13 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Would it help if I posted updates between parts?

eg - 22 and 23 finally felt 'right' as I wrote them, but all that did was seriously worry me about 17-21 because I was writing 17 when I took the break for the ficathon. So last night, instead of writing 24, I did another major edit. Thankfully, it's not as bad as I feared. However, I only have about 50 words of 24 written, and I already know I'm going to scrap them and start again. But I do have the part plotted in my head, so I shouldn't spend too much time staring a blank screen before the words begin to flow.

The upshot is that the absolute best case for getting 24 to my BRs (and therefore, posting 17 and assuming I don't read it and be totally frown frown smile1

Corrina.

#165620 03/19/11 01:07 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It helps!!! thumbsup

hyper counting down to the next part!

LOL

Cheers
Elizabeth

#165621 03/19/11 01:14 PM
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
It helps, it helps! smile1

Of course, it might not help you to have this thread here, knowing that you're solely responsible for the mental health of all your readers, that our happiness lives and dies with each new chapter and how long it takes you to get enough words down on the screen to ... er, I mean, um ... no pressure, Corrina! No pressure at all! Carry on as usual!

lol

Kathy

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard