Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
First things first: thanks to everyone who participated! I hope you had fun with these quizzes, and I hope they help everyone with the nomination process!

Secondly, thank you to Classicalla for helping to organize the quizzes, and to Darth Michael and mozartmaid for writing quizzes!

Finally, any author omissions or mistakes in the quizzes are all my fault. I apologize, and please do not believe it was personal. Any mistakes can be attributed to the fact that I haven't done this before. Along those same lines, please remember that these quizzes are not all-encompassing, and there are many great stories for each category that did not end up in the quiz.

All of that being said, here is the final reckoning!

Shiny gold star stickers for recognizing their own stories in this quiz are awarded to BJ, IolantheAlias, mozartmaid, Darth Michael, and bobbart...and Lynn S.M., who gets a gold star because she recognized her story (even though she couldn't name it until the excerpt) and it's the last quiz and I'm feeling generous. smile

Here are the answers:
1 – Wasted Revelations, BJ
2 – Get the Story!, IolantheAlias
3 – Nowhere to Run, ML Thompson
4 – Night Witness, mozartmaid
5 – Dr. Friskin's Letter, Lynn S.M.
6 – Perceptions, Anonpip
7 – Superman's Laundry, bakasi
8 – Like Father, Like Daughter, Bob Bartholomew
9 – The Wild-Goose Chase, Michael

With a rare perfect score, Classicalla wins this quiz, scoring 18!
Her evil plan to rule the quiz thwarted, Alisha takes second with 17!
Artemis scores a vacation-third place with 15!
Darth Michael scores the fabulous palindrome 11!
bobbart brings in a 9!
Coming in at a solid 7 is Lynn S.M.!
BJ is once again all tied up, this time with mozartmaid and EmilyC with a score of 5!
And rounding out the scoreboard is IolantheAlias, scoring a 4!

Here are the recommendations:
Full Partners by Lynn S. M.
Just an Ordinary Day by Lynn S. M.
When the Sky Falls by Bob Bartholomew
Wine and Circumstance by Mozartmaid

And here is the final tally, including all the quizzes!
With a solid 2 points to prove her participation is SciFi Joan!
With an impressive 37 points from 2 quizzes is Classicalla!
EmilyC improved to finish with 53 points!
bobbart finished with a hard-earned 56 points!
mozartmaid puts it all together to earn 62 points!
Alisha puts those fractions to good use, coming in at 66.25 points!
Corrina finishes right in the middle of the pack with 70.5 points!
With a none-too-shabby 78 points plus a vacation is Artemis!
Our fourth-place finisher, at 95 points, is IolantheAlias!
Coming in at third place is Lynn S.M., scoring 96.5!
Slipping to second place by a little more than a quote, BJ finishes with 100.25!
And the winner of the Kerth Quiz Highest Overall Score Trophy is Darth Michael, with 102.5 points! (Yes, I made up the trophy.) smile

Congratulations to everyone!

I hope you all had fun, and go get those nominations in!
Amber smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper

The quizzes were great fun! Thanks for organizing them!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
With a none-too-shabby 78 points plus a vacation is Artemis!
Woo Hoo! Reading on vacation paid off! Not too bad for not doing all the quizzes! The short stories always stump me the most because there are so many of them!
Thanks for organizing the quizzes. I learned a lot and it helped the old memory box.
cool
Artemis
who is back in frozen California. It snowed for the Oscars, for Heaven's sake! They used to be held in March when there was nice weather and flowers on the red carpet.

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I can second this:
Finally, any author omissions or mistakes in the quizzes are all my fault. I apologize, and please do not believe it was personal. Any mistakes can be attributed to the fact that I haven't done this before. Along those same lines, please remember that these quizzes are not all-encompassing, and there are many great stories for each category that did not end up in the quiz.
I could not believe how hard this was! Thank you, Amber, for all your hard work. And please know that I, too, can take responsibility for missing anyone. As I just recently started a new job, Amber stepped up and did most of the work, but it was still also my responsibility to try to make sure no one was missed. But Amber deserves the applause and kudos for putting this together. Thank you, Amber!!
party

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thanks to all who did the hard work of assembling and scoring the quizzes. They were fun!

Joy,
Lynn, who is writing this at 3:15 in the morning because she is too ill to sleep. frown (Nothing serious, thank God, just very uncomfortable.)

A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Thank you and well done to all our quiz masters. thumbsup It was fun, we should do it again next year! wink

- Alisha

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Slipping to second place by a little more than a quote
Curses!

Well, I guess my total proves that even the semi-lurking FoLCs are out there reading your stories. wink

Thanks to all those who organized and wrote the quizzes. It is tough work and you made the lead up to Kerth voting very enjoyable. Thanks everyone!

B

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard