Welcome to the last quiz of the 2011 Kerth season! It's your last chance to top the leaderboard!

SPIFFY DISCLAIMER THINGY! All the stories featured in this quiz qualify for the Best Episode Adaptation, but this quiz is not a stamp of recommendation for nomination. There are other stories which qualify for this category, but this quiz only covers 9.

Recommendations for other eligible stories are *very* welcome and encouraged!

QUIZ RULES: Two points for getting the story and author from the quote; one point for getting it from the excerpt. Specify which is which, or you'll automatically get one point instead of two. Open hard drive and archive, *don't* forget to snip the excerpts in your replies, and don't forget the spoiler space when you post in the replies thread.

The DEADLINE for entries for this quiz is Monday by 11:59 p.m.

More elaborate quiz instructions can be found here .

Please post your answers here .

Good luck!
Amber smile

B

E

S

T

E

P

I

S

O

D

E

A

D

A

P

T

A

T

I

O

N

Quote #1:
Clark looked at her suddenly with a triumphant smile. "I finally got it."

Quote #2:
"Perhaps Lucy would be interested to know that you covered Rudolph Valentino's funeral."

Quote #3:
"Maybe I don't remember being engaged to you because I don't want to remember!"

Quote #4:
"So, have you got anything less healthy than a smoothie in here?"

Quote #5:
His nonverbal communication made it evident that he was NOT speaking hypothetically; but that he had in fact already done exactly what he was proposing to do.

Quote #6:
Until then, though, I'm guessing more people are touched by this article of Clark's than anything I've written.

Quote #7:
"From now on, I will stop making any negative comments on Martha's art classes," he adds, blushing at that.

Quote #8:
"But what can we do?" Sam asked. "This is her life. I just feel sorry for poor Clark. Do you think he knows?"

Quote #9:
"I know, it's probably a fake but it's the best-looking one in here, and if you want to take a shot for the front page...?"

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Excerpt #1:
She didn't know whether to laugh or roll her eyes. It had been a while since Clark had spouted some of his country zen wisdom, but it looked like today was her lucky day. Confucius Clark was back. Still … the stuff he'd said made a kooky kind of sense.

Excerpt #2:
She took the coffee, nonplussed. "Good morning," she replied automatically. What was Clark doing? Everyone ignored Mad Dog Lane in the morning - *nobody* approached her until she'd had at least three cups of coffee! *Nobody* actually brought her coffee!

Excerpt #3:
As Perry continued speaking, Clark darted into the stairwell and a moment later was airborne. Perry might think he'd be back when he calmed down. Clark knew better. He knew now what he had to do. It was long past time he took matters into his own hands. He gave a small snort. At least he couldn't make things any worse.

Excerpt #4:
Lois awoke in the middle of the night. She was on the verge of a nightmare, but had shaken herself out of it. She looked around the dark room, suddenly remembering where she was. She let out a breath of relief. Clark's place.

Excerpt #5:
I pondered the possibilities on my bus ride home for lunch today. While I was idly staring out the window, I saw one of the Planet's "Hottest Team in Town" posters plastered onto a bus stop shelter. Although Lois never mentioned her suitor Clark's last name, it wouldn't take a Sherlock Holmes to figure out to whom she was referring, especially once one saw one of those posters.

Excerpt #6:
One more look in the mirror. I look okay. The black dress fits perfectly; the pearls are the right touch. I look every bit like the type of girl that would go on a date with Clark. Only this isn't a date. Not really.

Excerpt #7:
As soon as I step out of the elevator, I know that I'm in for trouble. It's more a feeling than anything tangible. Lois doesn't seem to be fuming. She sits at her desk, studying some papers. I'm not late for work, although my powers are already kicking back in. It is hard to tell what it is exactly that warns me. Perhaps it is Lois' heart that beats slightly faster than usual. Or maybe it is the bouquet of flowers sitting on my desk.

Excerpt #8:
Sam knew that once Ellen got something like this in her head, there was no point in opposing her. Besides, this time he pretty much thought that she had the right idea. He didn't know what had gotten into his daughter, but she needed to get her head straight before she married anyone.

Excerpt #9:
Clenching her teeth almost to the point of shattering them, she reached up to her head and felt something cylindrical, furry. Her eyes went even wider and her breath became stuck in her throat. Still, she continued to move her hand carefully, suppressing the natural desire to jump around and screech in complete horror.