Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes, I was wicked when I did this quiz! Some stories were listed more than once and I even put one of mine in to throw you for a loop! Cackles.... I also made it so tricky that it was hard to score. So PLEASE tell me if I messed up your score.

And the answers are:

1. Aussie Rules by Female Hawk - Seb
2. Get The Story by IolantheAlias - Lucy
3. Like Father, Like Daughter by Bob Bartholomew - Jonathan
4. The Longest Road: The Long Road Home by Raconteur - Tao Scion
5. Aussie Rules by Female Hawk - Banjo
6. Bats! (either version) by yours truly - Batman / Bruce Wayne
7. The Gifts by Lynn S.M. - our own illustrious Tank Wilson (Did you know this isn’t the first time he’s been used in a story?)
8. Eye in the Sky by Saori Tanaka - Phil (but it could so easily have also been Billy Ray or the radar operators - Where in the world did Saori pick up this vernacular: Clueless like a 'coon 'bout to be road kill. Perchance she might be a Billy Ray Cyrus fan?)
9. Inspector Big Mouth by Anonpip - Inspector Big Mouth - er Henderson
10. The Longest Road: The Long Road Home by Raconteur - Dr. Friskin
11. Inspector Big Mouth by Anonpip - Martha Kent
12. The Time Traveler’s Wife by ML Thompason - Molly

~~~~~~~~~~

You get one point for the character regardless of whether you got it from the quote or the excerpt!

~~~~~~~~~~

Reminder from the quiz:
Guess the character (which is not listed in the quote or excerpt) and you'll get a dance and an extra point.
And the quote from # 3:
"Checkers?" Sam asked.
So, Sam isn’t the character! But for those of you who guessed Sam and Jonathan, you get ½ point. (Darth Michael, Lynn S.M., and IolantheAlias get ½ point.) Alisha gets ¼ point for guessing Ellen even though she didn’t play checkers. clap for Female Hawk and bobbart for getting Sam!

~~~~~~~~~~

Shiny gold stars go to Lynn S.M. and Female Hawk for recognizing their stories from the quotes. A shiny silver star goes to bobbart for recognizing his story from the excerpt. And a blush to IolantheAlias for not recognizing your most excellent story at all. (I once did the same thing.) smile I’ve dubbed Alisha the Queen of “Familiar”. Lynn gets the giggle award for making me giggle twice - once for having to figure out that Tank was the character in her story. BJ gets the under the wire award for posting just as I was ready to post the answers!

~~~~~~~~~~

Darth Michael said:
Last chance to shore up a little lead again.
Well, let’s just see! wink

Corrina’s going to look like a Christmas tree after this quiz, hung with lots of glittering ornaments.
Do you look like a Christmas tree, Corrina?

So, that makes the guy from the quote the El families old doctor and close friend of the family. By the name of Uhhh.....
I only had time to scan this fic and admit to having help with choosing characters so.... I plead insanity.

Alisha Knight said:
Do you say 'arvo' in the States
Not that I’ve ever heard!

Let’s not forget the sub-variations of English. Howdy anyone?

~~~~~~~~~~

Female Hawk gets ½ point for naming the author by the excerpt in question #6 and comes in at the top with 17 ½ points. clap
Bobbart comes in 2nd with 17 points.
Darth Michael and BJ tie for 3rd with 16 points each. (Since the “radar detectors” is a plausible answer for # 8, Darth Michael gets ½ point. And applause - clap - to BJ for the only one to correctly answer Phil as the character.)
Lynn S.M. follows closely behind with 15 ½ points.
Emily C. and IolantheAlias tie with 14 points each (Iolanthe gets 1 point for naming the story but not the author in #9 - by quote - and ½ point for getting the author but not the story in #6 - by excerpt.
Alisha Knight gets 13 ¾ points ( ¼ point as explained above and ½ point for naming Jonathan or Martha in question # 11).

Dances: dance (You’ll have to imagine all the dances. Who knew the board had a limit on images?)

Female Hawk, BJ, and IolantheAlias get 6 dances each!
Emily C. gets 5 dances.
Darth Michael gets 4 full dances and 2 ½ dances for a total of 5 dances.
Bobbart gets 4 dances.
Alisha Knight gets 3 ¾ dances with a round-up to 4.
Lynn gets 3 ½ dances with a round-up to 4.

Overall Totals:

BJ retains the lead with 75 ¼ points
Darth Michael misses 1st place by mere minutes but stays in 2nd with 74 ½ points.
IolantheAlias comes in 3rd with 72 points.
Lynn S.M. moves up to 4th with 70 ½ points
Female Hawk moves way up and is in 5th place with 57 ½ points. She wants to take the lead!
Artemis is hiding on the beach and has 52 points
Emily C. has 42 points
Bobbart is close behind with 41 points
And Mozartmaid comes in with 40 points
Alisha Knight has 36 ¼ points
Sci Fi Joan hangs in there with 2 points

Thank you everyone for participating in my wicked quiz.

RECS (Remember these come from many people!)

Best Original/Supporting Character:

The Case of the Flying Man by Lynn S. M. (Watson/Holmes)
The Smallville Connection by Dandello (General Edward Straker)
The Time Traveler's Wife by ML Thompson (Molly)
The Gifts by Lynn S.M. (Tank)
Inspector Big Mouth by Anonpip (Martha Kent)
Get The Story! by IolantheAlias (Lucy Lane)
Bats! by Classicalla (Batman)
Like Father, Like Daughter by bobbart (Sam or Jonathan)

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Oooh! I get another half point! Actually, I had been awarded half a point at some time in the past, but it seems to have gone by the wayside. And I get a shiny gold star and three *and a half* dances! What did I do to earn that half a dance? And is it the first half of the dance or the last half? wink

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
From the quiz:

Guess the character (which is not listed in the quote or excerpt) and you'll get a dance and an extra point.
So, Lynn, you got 1/2 a dance for guessing Sam and Jonathan. Take your pick which half. I looked back on the quizzes and you actually had 1/2 points two different times so you are at a whole # now.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Nancy,

Thanks for the explanation. So....If the half point were for Sam, I'd get the first half of a dance, but if it were for Jonathan, I'd get the second half? wink And I should be up to 71 points? After my abysmal performance on the current (relationships) quiz, I need every half point I can get! blush

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Nope, you only get 1/2 point. You can choose which half of the dance you want. wink

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Classicalla:
Nope, you only get 1/2 point. You can choose which half of the dance you want. wink
I'm confused. I thought that by the following, you meant that I was now up to a whole point:

I looked back on the quizzes and you actually had 1/2 points two different times so you are at a whole # now.
So does that mean I got a total of *three* half points along the way? If so, I missed one of the half points somewhere. confused huh

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes, with this quiz, you have had a total of three 1/2 points. Sorry for the confusion. I meant that the previous two 1/2 points were before quiz 10. But you could still move up to the top. Just get to "googling" and see what happens.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
/shuffles feet and looks down/

I missed the quote from my own story! frown

How embarrassing!

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Classicalla:
I meant that the previous two 1/2 points were before quiz 10. But you could still move up to the top. Just get to "googling" and see what happens.
I know that googling is allowed, but it still feels like cheating to me. I'd rather have an honest (if somewhat embarrassing -- I can't believe I missed 'Flying Lessons' on the latest quiz!) sixth place -- or whatever place I finally end up in -- than googling to raise my score. (Yes, I am like our favourite 'big blue boy scout' in some ways...)

Thanks,
Lynn

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hmm... I thought about this one and things do change, but I looked back at quizzes when they were done through email, and it was quite common to use google. It's still a fun way to find stories.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
-- I can't believe I missed 'Flying Lessons' on the latest quiz!)
<facepalm> Ugh, me too!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
party party
But I'm still dizzy from figuring the points out.
Michael, who's now going to tally up the grand totals for #11 peep

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard