Next Thread
Print Thread
#16544 10/13/04 09:21 AM
Sira Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Yeah, the next installment is out!!!

So far so good. So Clark, too, is feeling the change in the air? The poor guy has no idea what's about to hit him! smile1

Just two other things: in his "interview" Clark decides to call himself "a friend". But near the end of part 3 'Superman' is mentioned.... Just thought I'd point that one out.

And the other thing is pure curiosity. You keep describing his outfit as red and blue... Do you mean the classical outfit or are the colours inversed? Every time I read red and blue, I imagine a red suit with blue cape... Maybe it's just me...

I'm looking forward to the next part - keep 'em coming!

Sira clap

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sira, thanks for the feedback! sloppy

Originally posted by Sira:
in his "interview" Clark decides to call himself "a friend". But near the end of part 3 'Superman' is mentioned.... Just thought I'd point that one out.

And the other thing is pure curiosity. You keep describing his outfit as red and blue... Do you mean the classical outfit or are the colours inversed? Every time I read red and blue, I imagine a red suit with blue cape... Maybe it's just me...
Nice catches, both! I've been trying to steer clear of the "superman" word thus far in the story, so thanks for that find! I'll fix that right now. And I agree with you about the red and blue. It's minor, but I do think it could cause someone to stop and think. I just fixed those, as well.

THANKS, Sira! I appreciate it. smile

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper His life is about to change. A tornado is coming his way. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice. More, please.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fabulous, great to see another part!

JD
Looking forward to more!

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Kerth
Kerth
So we'll see the meeting in the next part? wink

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lol, more like its gonna walk into him at the Planet tomorrow <g> Looking good Erin, very nice introspection from Clark. I am really enjoying this and can't wait for the next segment.

keep penning,
Marns

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Erin

WOW! An excellent part! smile1 I'm thoroughly enjoying this.

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry I'm late here, Erin. Been pretty tired lately, and not reading too much.

Very nice part. It's cool to see the way Clark's feelings mirror Lois's. Kind of funny seeing him taken by surprise by his alter ego's sudden fame (and the consequences for him, as a reporter).

Minor editing notes:

A momentary panic seized his heart. How was he supposed to be two people? He'd thought about in briefly,
I assume he thought about it briefly?

Feeling more ready to handle things, Clark next phone Perry.
Clark phone Perry? Well, he is an E.T., but Perry isn't exactly at home...

Speaking of E.T.s, I'm was a little surprised that Clark knows he is one. The explanation does work, but it had me wondering in the meantime.

It's also a little strange to hear about a respectable journalist writing with a deliberate slant.

I'm a bit confused by this:

It was going to be a good day tomorrow. Perry would undoubtedly treat him like gold.
So he'll melt Clark down and reshape him into a bunch of decorative ornaments?

Minor nitpick:

He'd had to reconcile the fact that he was different from his friends. Nobody else could fly, burn and cool things with his vision,
The cooling is done with his breath, not his vision.

I love the alternate take on the costume creation. Very nice. The phone conversation was great, and I like the detail of why Martha never showed Clark the S.

Another little nitpicky question - If he wanted the Suit to be tight so that he could fit it under his clothes, how do you explain the cape?

Sorry to fill this post with more nitpicks than praise. I enjoyed this part very much. Can't wait to see what happens next, when, I presume, a certain reporter from San Fransisco will be landing somewhere in the vicinity of Clark Kent.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Loved the Clark introspection in this segment, Erin. Beautifully and lyrically done. thumbsup

Also loved him thinking about all the minute details of his new life, how to conceal the suit and how this impacts on living a double life, and so on.

And then Martha and Jonathan offer the support that stops his growing panic in its tracks. Lovely!

And I was struck too with the mirroring of Lois's thoughts - very nice touch.

Wonderful!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard