wave Okay, this time it’s all about getting our two love birds together…

SPIFFY DISCLAIMER THINGY! All the stories featured in this quiz qualify for the Best Relationship (Over 50K), but this quiz is not a stamp of recommendation for nomination. There are other stories which qualify for this category, but this quiz only covers 10.

Recommendations for other eligible stories are *very* welcome and encouraged!

QUIZ RULES: Two points for getting the story and author from the quote; one point for getting it from the excerpt. Specify which is which, or you'll automatically get one point instead of two. Open hard drive and archive, *don't* forget to snip the excerpts in your replies, and don't forget the spoiler space when you post in the replies thread.

The DEADLINE for entries for this quiz is Thursday by 11:59 p.m.

More elaborate quiz instructions can be found here .

Please post your answers here .

Good luck and have fun!
Michael

B
E
S
T

R
E
L
A
T
I
O
N
S
H
I
P

(
O
V
E
R

K
)

Quote #1:
When you first lost your memory, I cast your horoscope to determine the best crystals to use for the treatment of your amnesia. But when I took them to the clinic, they refused to let me give them to you.

Quote #2:
“I think my marriage is falling apart,” he said. Clark paused; it wasn’t like his relationship with his wife was fraying at the seams of its own accord. This was definitely his doing. “No. I think I’m destroying my marriage,” he corrected.

Quote #3:
She knew Kent’s reputation as a ladies’ man, and she had no intention of giving him the wrong impression about her agenda for the evening. Lois Lane was all business, and he’d better believe it.

Quote #4:
He breathed deeply and it lifted his blue spandex-clad shoulders. His eyes rose slowly and met hers. “I’m going to offer Lois a divorce,” he said.

Quote #5:
Would it be right to think about Lois when Rachel's memory still haunted me?

Quote #6:
Admiral Lane, who he was now presuming was Lois' father, was the head of the combined FBI-NIA-Homeland Security task force headquartered in Metropolis, New Troy. His boss, three levels up.

Quote #7:
"Kryptonite or not, *wine* or not, you lied to Lois and married her! Clark! I can't believe you did that!"

Quote #8:
"This is your fault, Mayson. I never would have let him know how I felt if you hadn't come along," she muttered under her breath.

Quote #9:
"You can't save everyone." Clark takes my hand in his and squeezes it gently. "No matter how fast you are, sometimes you still won't be able to help them."

Quote #10:
"Is it true, Lois? Are you a home wrecker?"

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Excerpt #1:
'All right. You win. I'll keep my promise. Tonight, my body is yours. But my heart... my heart beats only for one man.'

So... had she and Clark been dating when she'd said those words to another man? She wasn't sure. And she didn't dare ask. After all, if they had been dating, it almost sounded as if she'd cheated on him. But it also sounded as if she'd felt she didn't have much choice. Had it been something she had done to save his life... or her own?

Excerpt #2:
He gave in, too exhausted to fight with his wife. His nerves were shot, his body already well past its breaking point. “Let’s go,” he heard himself say. They took off flying eastward. Once clear of the massive archipelago of Indonesia, she dove into the cool, clear waters of the South Pacific. He followed her, letting the saltwater clean away the mud and the dirt, wishing it could wipe his mind clean just as easily. She veered off course, back toward that island they’d visited a few weeks after he’d returned home. It felt like it had been decades, not a few short months since the last time they’d seen this place.

Excerpt #3:
Then there had been the pheromone incident. Lois had been pretty angry when Clark refused to stay in the same room with her while she was under the influence. He flew her off to Smallville—holding her at arm’s length for the entire flight, no less—and left her in Martha’s capable hands until the noxious stuff wore off. That took some explaining afterwards. The simple fact was that Clark knew he didn’t stand a chance if Lois Lane decided to seduce him. And, while he fully intended to be seduced by her one day soon, he wanted it to be when they were both sober enough to enjoy it and remember it afterward.

Even after what Clark thought was an eloquent apology and a relaxing Thanksgiving weekend in Smallville, Lois was still just a little bit put out. No woman likes to be rejected when she makes a serious effort at coming on to her man, even if he thinks he’s doing it for noble reasons. Maybe that was why Clark, or rather Caleb, found himself saying ‘yes’ to a certain proposal that he really should have declined.

Excerpt #4:
Lois ran her fingers down his left arm and lifted his hand. With the tip of her forefinger, she traced across his knuckles. At his third finger, she clasped his wedding ring and gently removed it.

Then she took off her own ring and sat them together in her palm. She gazed at them, then her head lifted and her solemn eyes leapt into his. “See these rings?” she said quietly.

“Y ...” The rest of his word snagged somewhere in his throat.

“When we put them on, we said this was forever.”

Excerpt #5:
The bat slipped from her hands and leaned against the end table. "Claude? What's wrong? Why are you out here?"

She clicked on the end table lamp and sat beside him. There were tear tracks on his cheeks and his eyes were still damp. She gently took his clenched hands in hers. "Claude? Honey, what's the matter?"

He pulled his hands away from her and covered his face with them. "The matter? The matter is that I am a thief and a fool."

Excerpt #6:
But the worse part was Clark's behavior the morning after the attack. He had comforted her directly after bringing her home and seen her safe to her bed and come back the next morning with breakfast. As they ate the croissants at breakfast, sparks had sizzled between them and they wound up making out rather vigorously on her kitchen counter. She still had fond memories of that and occasionally patted her kitchen counter. But then her mother had called to remind her of that month's dinner and Clark had slowed them down rather abruptly.

Since then he had been attentive at the Daily Planet, where he still came in for his cover as a reporter in their separate ongoing investigations. But the spark between them had died or been buried by him. It was just as well, for Lois Lane had her third rule, "never sleep with a coworker." Still, Clark technically worked for the FBI, not for the Daily Planet.

Excerpt #7:
About forty-five minutes later, they came to a city in the middle of the desert.

Clark nudged Lois awake. "We're here."

She groaned as she opened her eyes. "Where are we?"

"I think Las Vegas," he said in some surprise.

She giggled. "We should get married. That would really show Clark," she said, reaching for the bottle of wine. There was about a glassful left....

Excerpt #8:
"Not so fast. You know I'm a very sensitive guy. I just hate it when people lie to me," the man said as he pointed the gun a little higher.

"But you don't mind lying yourself?" Lois countered.

"Ah, touché', but I'm the one holding the gun. So my lie takes precedence."

Excerpt #9:
She shakes her head and I march forward, grabbing her shoulders to pull her back from the window. The dog snarls and she instinctively puts both arms around the hapless creature so she won't drop him. I drag her backward, as she kicks and screams in terror. The dog whines and struggles to escape. This is a mess. I have a sudden vision of having to chase them both down while the building collapses around us.

Excerpt #10:
She was horrified when she recognized the short footage. It was taken during their brunch at the lake. The camera pulled in tight on several subtle exchanges between her and Clark. After seeing that, there was no way one could deny that there was something between the two of them.

But what made her ill was knowing who had taped that footage.

She stormed through the living room and pushed through Lucy's door without knocking. Her stunned sister's head snapped up from where she was hunched over the computer.

"What the hell have you done?!"

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.