SPIFFY DISCLAIMER THINGY! All the stories featured in this quiz qualify for the Best Original / Supporting Character, but this quiz is not a stamp of recommendation for nomination. There are other stories which qualify for this category!

QUIZ RULES: Two points for getting the story and author from the quote; one point for getting it from the excerpt. Specify which is which, or you'll automatically get one point instead of two. Open hard drive and archive, *don't* forget to snip the excerpts in your replies, and don't forget the spoiler space when you post in the replies thread.

The DEADLINE for answers for this quiz is Monday, 21 February by 11:59 p.m EST.

More elaborate quiz instructions can be found here.

Post your answers and recs here.

Okay, this was a tough quiz. There are so many great original and supporting characters. In that light, I'm posting 12 questions. And, I admit to some deviousness in that I'm trying to throw you off. I don't know if I've succeeded. Guess the character (which is not listed in the quote or excerpt) and you'll get a dance and an extra point.
dance

B
e
s
t

O
r
i
g
i
n
a
l

/

S
u
p
p
o
r
t
i
n
g

C
h
a
r
a
c
t
e
r

Quote # 1

"Sunday arvo."

Quote # 2

"Just a lot of paperwork to go through, when you start at a new place, you know?"

Quote # 3

"Checkers?" Sam asked.

Quote # 4

"It looks like everything is all set, young man," he announced.

Quote # 5

"Is that she knows all these obscure incidents from the past twenty years, and no matter what you say about Hawthorn, she can trump you and turn it on your club."

Quote # 6

“You wanted some help finding the Clinton Street rapist?” He turned towards his bank of computers and motioned for Clark to come over. “A little too close to home...”

Quote # 7

"Oh, Lois. You don't understand. I…I think your hair is beautiful like this! It's just that...

Quote # 8
"Let's go back to work. We'll need to block all signals towards and from Roswell. Elvis is coming to visit."

Quote # 9

"Lane?" he asked. "You there? You can cover for Clark until he gets back from Indonesia?"

Quote # 10

“I take it you’re having some difficulties with what you went through over the last week?”

Quote # 11

"So other people at the station could know, too?"

Quote # 12

"Go? What are you talking about? Is the place on fire or something?"

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Excerpt # 1

Clark whirled and came face to face with a young guy - blond and tanned, dressed in a pink tee and cut-off jeans, and with a grin as wide as the Brooklyn Bridge. Lois sprang from behind Clark and she leapt into the guy's arms. He spun her around until they both had to be dizzy, and then plonked her on her feet and smacked a big kiss on her cheek.

Excerpt # 2

The only way to get ahead was to get stories. Lois was right about that. You couldn't depend on someone giving you tips (although Lois had carefully cultivated a network of sources over the
years) - you had to go out and find stuff yourself.

Excerpt # 3

By coincidence, as of the fourth
game, both men decided to give up on being polite and just play. That game was a challenging affair that Sam managed to win largely because he had been granted the opening move.

Excerpt # 4

His one small bag had been packed. His last duties as First Minister had been discharged. Tomorrow morning he would abdicate, Zara and Ching would be married and he would go home. The High Council had already arranged some elaborate ceremony to mark his departure and there was no way around it. The people wanted to express their appreciation, everyone had told him.

Excerpt # 5

Clark sipped from his beer, not understanding all of the words, but understanding enough of the tone that he didn't think it was complimentary to Lois. "Lois isn't here," he said. "Perhaps we shouldn't be talking about her."

Excerpt # 6

As they sauntered toward him as if he were a trapped animal, he thought of all the vampire legends he could think of. He quickly looked around. No wooden stakes were in sight and most of the older legends said that only immobilized vampires. They didn’t kill them. Sunlight and fire were no sure bets either. The only clear, consistent way to kill vampires was decapitation. But could he? Could he behead his friend? His friend who now looked more like the bats he emulated than the man Clark thought he was. And the rest of the vampires looked to him.

Excerpt # 7

Lois never did quite understand what happened next. A man approached her in the street and offered her five hundred dollars if she would have her hair cut short. He insisted that he wasn't going to take the clippings -- it wasn't as if he were into voodoo or anything like that.

Excerpt # 8

One of these hundred-or-so people, ________, spotted Superman carrying Lois Lane as he flew in the general direction of Smallville, Kansas.

Excerpt # 9

I nodded my head, although nothing he was saying was making any
sense.

Excerpt # 10

The sun, though dipping toward the distant horizon, still warmed the sand and the gentle breeze that moved the air. It was an idyllic afternoon and he could see why she’d decided to spend her vacation here. It only made him feel that much worse about his seemingly constant intrusions.

Excerpt # 11

We thought maybe it was some sort of sick practical joke. Someone who decided to play a cruel joke on their child and see how far they could go in a makeshift spaceship. But the ship seemed too well built for that.

Excerpt # 12

At the end of her second year of university, she'd been invited to move into the sorority house - and she loved it. Loved the camaraderie of the girls. Loved the parties and social functions. Now that she was in her third year, and one of the leaders of the sorority, she loved it even more.

Hehehehe..... evil

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~