SPIFFY DISCLAIMER THINGY! All the stories featured in this quiz qualify for the Best Drama, but this quiz is not a stamp of recommendation for nomination. There are other stories which qualify for this category!

QUIZ RULES: Two points for getting the story and author from the quote; one point for getting it from the excerpt. Specify which is which, or you'll automatically get one point instead of two. Open hard drive and archive, *don't* forget to snip the excerpts in your replies, and don't forget the spoiler space when you post in the replies thread.

The DEADLINE for answers for this quiz is Thursday, 17 February by 11:59 p.m EST.

More elaborate quiz instructions can be found here.

Post your answers here.

B
E
S
T

D
R
A
M
A

B
E
S
T

D
R
A
M
A

B
E
S
T

D
R
A
M
A

Quote 1:

"Just tell me when and where and what I have to do." She reached for the box. Henderson pulled it out of reach.

Quote 2:

"Lois, no..." Clark tried to reach for her, but she pulled back.

Quote 3:

"Don't leave, Clark!" she wailed as she felt his arms loosen.

Quote 4:

“Mom says there is nothing to worry about, but she wants to see both of us tomorrow.

Quote 5:

"Are you all right?" He pulled open the door and lifted her down without apparent effort. "Lois?"

Quote 6:

Lois slipped under the barrier tape. "Shall we take a look?"

Quote 7:

He extended his hand. "Thank you, Dr. M'Benga."

Quote 8:

"Wait... what are you suggesting?" Clark asked, befuddled. "That I give you all my notes and play dead while you take all the credit for my work? I guess what they say about you is true then, isn't it?"

Quote 9:

Jimmy shrugged. "No, you just don't seem the type."

Quote 10:

And it's all my fault! I should have protected her!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
p
A
C
E

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Excerpt 1:

Lois barely had time to get the package unwrapped before Superman flew into her apartment.

He seemed nervous and upset, pacing across the floor.

He finally turned to face her.

Excerpt 2:

Grantsburg was a city of about 50,000 located about 150 miles northwest of Metropolis. Originally a center of the fur trade back in its founding days, the town quickly blossomed into a
thriving hub of commerce in north central New Troy. This was largely due to its having grown up on the banks of the Trojan River. The river served as a central artery of trade and traffic
through the first century and a half of the state's existence. It wasn't until the Interstate freeway system finally found its way to Grantsburg that the importance of the river waned and the city settled back into its present more relaxed life style.

Excerpt 3:

Clark flew slower than he usually did when carrying a passenger, since he wasn't sure how fast he should go with a newborn. He found himself looking through the blanket more than he was watching where he was going and, as such, he almost overshot the farm. He scanned the area and, seeing no one watching, slowly descended to the ground. He set the carrier down and spun back
into his regular clothes. He unbuckled the baby and took her into his arms. He left the carrier on the porch and opened the door.

Excerpt 4:

Driving home from Perry’s, Lois rounded a corner and her vision was filled with three people – two armed men and the third, a woman, with her hands raised. At the sound of the car, the woman turned suddenly and raced frantically onto the road. Lois slammed the brake to the floor, skidded, and only just managed to avoid hitting the fleeing woman.

Lois jumped from the car and was immediately cornered by two guns.

Excerpt 5:

The walls were of some kind of natural rock, but naked wiring ran up the walls and was draped from the roof between unshielded fluorescent lighting fixtures, and on the walls were various screens, now blank. Around the big room were consoles, each with a computer screen and an array of instruments. From somewhere came the faint hum and click of equipment running in the background. On one wall to Lois's left was a single, larger
screen that was lit, showing a computer graphic of the Earth, rotating slowly, and around it a display of minuscule moving points of light that seemed to always maintain their relative
positions over the planet.

Excerpt 6:

The next morning, Clark got up extra early and made sure that it would be the smell of coffee and English Muffins that woke Lois up. When she did come out, except for being unusually quiet, her demeanor showed little of the distress of the previous evening. Even so, their conversation was limited to the minimum set of exchanges to get out of the apartment and make it to work. Clark
was desperate to know the source of her anxiety last night. Was it because she had believed his theory on Luthor's involvement in the destruction of her apartment or was it because she had rejected that idea?

Excerpt 7:

Vasectomy? Then Lois had ... oh, my, this had serious potential for bad, and despite Lois' behavior towards him, Clark didn't want to see her get hurt ... or see her hurt someone else. He
stepped up just behind Lois' erstwhile boyfriend, about whom he'd had no inkling five minutes earlier.

Excerpt 8:

No matter what he chose to do, Clark realized that he would end up having to give up his secret identity in order for them to get to safety. Enabling the thugs to match Clark Kent's face with
Superman's identity was definitely not an appealing choice, but the reporter wasn't very well known in this city and Clark was fairly certain that no one had seen him closely enough yet, so getting out of there before they had that chance was his best option.

Excerpt 9:

I nodded. I should have been surprised, but nothing surprised me anymore. If I had let the biggest criminal in Metropolis convince me to marry him, I clearly was the stupidest woman alive. So not noticing that my partner and ex-best friend was also Metropolis' resident superhero was not that much of a surprise.

And so he didn't tell me. What was there to be upset about? We weren't friends anymore. And before, well, could I have expected anything different? Superman wouldn't tell his secret to a stupid woman who might tell her crime boss fiancé about it.

Excerpt 10:

No, it's not mine, or is it? My dearest love is part of me and I try to kiss the hurt away. But there's no response, except my fear, my tears, the blood on me, on my mouth, yet I'm frozen -- numb.

Hehehehe....

evil

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~