Yay! I got to create another quiz!!

One challenge I gave myself -- and you! -- was to try and use super short quotes as well... Hope you enjoy! smile

SPIFFY DISCLAIMER THINGY! All the stories featured in this quiz qualify for the Best Super Short Story, but this quiz is not a stamp of recommendation for nomination. There are other stories which qualify for this category, but this quiz only covers 10.

Recommendations for other eligible stories are *very* welcome and encouraged!

QUIZ RULES: Two points for getting the story and author from the quote; one point for getting it from the excerpt. Specify which is which, or you'll automatically get one point instead of two. Open hard drive and archive, *don't* forget to snip the excerpts in your replies, and don't forget the spoiler space when you post in the replies thread.

The DEADLINE for entries for this quiz is Friday by 11:59 p.m.

More elaborate quiz instructions can be found here .

Please post your answers here .

B

E

S

T

S

U

P

E

R

S

H

O

R

T

Quote #1
So cold with fear. The taste of her blood remains, mingling with my guilt and pain.

Quote #2
And I take the muffin and forgive you, because, let's face it, you bring good muffins.

Quote #3
“Vapid new teen angst movie.”

Quote #4
"Okay, I owe Martha ten dollars. You really are that gullible..."

Quote #5
"Believe it or not, Jeff, I understand you."

Quote #6
I do not want to be Clark's arm candy.

Quote #7
"I will figure it out," Lois stated. "You know I will."

Quote #8
"Haaaarrrdd!" the woman screamed again.

Quote #9
Why didn't I propose as Superman on
the flight back from EPRAD that first day?

Quote #10
"I know! Mark Spitz!"

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Excerpt #1
No, it's not mine, or is it? My dearest love is part of me and I try to kiss the hurt away. But there's no response, except my fear, my tears, the blood on me, on my mouth, yet I'm frozen -- numb.

Excerpt #2
I'm sure that when you go off to God knows where, it's not where you say you're going. Of that I am sure. And the only reason why I'm not trying to figure out where you're truly going is because
I want you to tell me yourself. I don't want to find out. You should tell me on your own.

Excerpt #3
“Is this your oh-so-subtle way of telling me we're stuck in another time loop?! Ugh,” she grumbled loudly, “I'm going to get that Mxy guy! Who does he think he is, barging into our dimension and messing up our lives? And you! When did you figure it out? How long have you known, and why didn't you tell me before now?”

Excerpt #4
Lois grabbed a wriggling frog, dunked it in chili sauce, and bit its head off.

Clark stared, and said, "Lois, are you--?"

Lois took another bite and said, "An evil clone? Nope.

Excerpt #5
In an effort to relate to him, I even mention having to play ball by myself. My conscience accuses me of lying. After all, I do sometimes shoot hoops with Chen Chow. But I firmly remind myself that at the moment I am Superman, not Clark. And it is Clark, not Superman, with whom Chen plays. Conscience assuaged, I decide on
my next move with Jeff.

Excerpt #6
I don't really remember all that much about the retirement home scandal Clark had written about. Even when Perry announced he'd been nominated for it, it never occurred to me to read it. What
for? It's a fluff piece. Nothing like the real journalism I had been nominated for in years past.

Excerpt #7
'But Clark hates to fly,' Lois mused as she approached the
table.

"A flat spin is a lot like a skid," the man was saying.

"So you need to steer into the spin while you slow it down,"
Clark said. "Otherwise the plane may come apart on you."

Excerpt #8
"Hey, honey," Clark said, looking up to see her standing in the doorway, still trying to figure out what was going on. "You should have seen that shot. That stone couldn't have come any closer to the guard without wrecking on it."

Excerpt #9
Clark was smiling back with all his heart. One of those things he'd learned along the way was the astounding fact that in certain circumstances, 'You're an idiot' meant exactly the same thing as 'I love you.'

Excerpt #10
"Ya know, son," Perry said with a twinkle in his eye as he patted
the younger man's back, "you may be one of our star reporters,
but you sure make a lousy Superman!"

<And that's just the way I like it, Chief. That's just the way I
like it.>

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink