Since we missed the quiz being posted on Sunday, and mine is ready that's scheduled for tomorrow--well, I'm jumping the gun a bit and posting Best Revelation! (Psst--in case you didn't know, Clark is Superman wink ) I hope I won't get fired for posting a wee bit early... laugh

SPIFFY DISCLAIMER THINGY! All the stories featured in this quiz qualify for the Best Revelation, but this quiz is not a stamp of recommendation for nomination. There are other stories which qualify for this category, but this quiz only covers 10.

Recommendations for other eligible stories are *very* welcome and encouraged!

QUIZ RULES: Two points for getting the story and author from the quote; one point for getting it from the excerpt. Specify which is which, or you'll automatically get one point instead of two. Open hard drive and archive, *don't* forget to snip the excerpts in your replies, and don't forget the spoiler space when you post in the replies thread.

The DEADLINE for entries for this quiz is Friday by 11:59 p.m.

More elaborate quiz instructions can be found here .

Please post your answers here .

Good luck!

B

E

S

T

R

E

V

E

L

A

T

I

O

N

Quote #1 "Oh, Superman. It sucks to be you."

Quote #2
"My guardian angel flew."

Quote #3
"Oh Clark, cut the Superman bit, will you? You're not fooling anyone."

Quote #4
"Do you want the entire world to find out that Clark wasn't in his apartment last night?"

Quote #5
"You know, Clark, I think I have a better idea of how to lure Linda out of her hiding place!"

Quote #6
The big clubs are safe - Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon - the clubs that have large memberships, huge followings, draw big crowds, and are financially stable.

Quote #7
"I actually have two presents for you. One is this gift; the other is something I want to tell you."

Quote #8
"I...Cla....Kal...my name...my real name...is Lara."

Quote #9
"Mrs. Superman!" Then she whispered, "I'm Mrs... you. Wh--what's your name, anyway?"

Quote #10
"So, Lois, not that you aren't always welcome, but what are you doing here? Coming out of my shower no less."

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Excerpt #1
Except I'm not supposed to be thinking about Clark. I'm supposed to be thinking happy airborne thoughts and scoffing at the laws of physics. I mentally chant to myself that gravity means nothing to me. I don't really believe it, though -- gravity has never exactly been my friend.

Excerpt #2
"By the way, we've never actually been introduced. You know that
I'm Molly. Molly Flynn actually, but I don't think you told me your name. Well, unless your name really is 'handsome,'" she added with a grin.

Excerpt #3
"Complicated." She gazed up at the heavens, as if looking for inspiration. "Complicated! What, you're married? Got five kids and a mortgage? Have several different names you go by, not just
two? Are a politician, a soldier, spy? How is it complicated?"

Excerpt #4
"He doesn't even know I know. And by the way, Lane, for an award-winning journalist, you're not so on the ball today. Maybe next time you decide to ask a question about Clark's other job,
you should ask in skywriting. I'm on speaker phone. My door could have been open, you know. You could have just announced it to half of the 45th precinct."

Excerpt #5
Lois' hand fisted in his shirt but she didn't pull away. "You're *what*?!" Then she frowned. "Clark? What in the world are you wearing under...?" She attacked the buttons of his shirt as Clark went rigid and began to pull away.

Excerpt #6
He shouldn't have told her his secret - not yet. He should have waited.
But if he'd waited - waited until he'd experienced greater closeness with Lois - it would have just hurt more.
No, he thought disconsolately.
Nothing could hurt more than this.
Not even the green rock.

Excerpt #7
Wait a minute -- blue and red wrapping with a yellow ribbon -- Superman's colors. And now Superman's shield. Clark had always
seemed jealous of Superman. Why would he be giving her Superman-related gifts?

Excerpt #8
She swirled her champagne in her glass and stared up into the stars. For a while, Clark just watched her, drinking her in. A
night-time picnic in the park -- it was romantic, but more importantly, it was private. If something went wrong tonight....

Excerpt #9
"He will, Lois. He *is* speaking to you," he tried, putting a hand on her shoulder to comfort her. He found himself in between personae; he couldn't be impersonal as Superman, yet he couldn't entirely be Clark either. His gesture and subtle hint at the truth simply weren't enough to get her attention. Lois was sobbing.

Excerpt #10
Panic flooded through Clark. It didn't matter what she was doing there... in his bath towels. What mattered was that she'd caught
him doing something super, as Clark Kent. Several questions flashed through his mind. What had she really seen? Had it been enough to have given him away? Could he explain it away?

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink