Print Thread
#165280 02/01/11 09:08 AM
I
immery Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
I
I'm going for my vacation next week and I plan to print and read few fics, I need recommendation for prefect stories
help
I need a good fic, about 300-400 kb, nice to read that doesn't make you want to kill the author by the end, and not a part of bigger series, a comedy or romance.
Bonus points if it's on this years Kerth eligible list.
Thank you in advance.
Immery

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Immery!

ML's Nowhere To Run fits your specs perfectly. It's got a few darker places, but it's got lots of LnC interactions, which ML always handles with a special kind of 'make you grin'.

Treasure Chest by Female Hawk, a classic LnC romance, I'd say.

And then there's Written in the Stars by Beth Summerson, another one with LnC getting together in special circumstances.

Hope that helps
Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I second Michael's recs... I especially enjoyed Female Hawk's Treasure Chest. smile

I'd also highly recommend 'Veritas' by Shane Terry, even though it's a little longer than what you're looking for (around 700k, I think)... I also quite enjoyed stopquitdont's My Inspiration, which is a little less than 300k.

Happy reading! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I'm not sure whether you wish to read or to avoid comedies and romances. (Your phrasing seemed somewhat ambiguous to me.) But if you would like a long (much longer than the limit you requested) romance which will undoubtedly win several of this year's Kerths, you can't go wrong with Female Hawk's Aussie Rules.

HappyGirl's The Man Under the Suit is also excellent and will likely take home a Kerth or two for her, as well.

And another story likely to bring in some Kerths is ML Thompson's The Time Traveler's Wife. It clocks in at 772K.

Finally, I'm about a third of the way through Veritas, and I wholeheartedly second MozartMaid's endorsement of it.

Joy,
Lynn

I
immery Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
I
Thank you, as much as I would love to read longer stoties the point is to print them, and I estimated by time I read last fics 300-400 would be perfect for the time I have. I like romance and humour. And I've already read all Female Hawk's stories. I guess I'll try "Nowhere To Run" or "Written in the Stars".
Thank You.

T
Blogger
Blogger
T
even if you don't read it now, veritas is something everyone in this forum should read wink

Books may look like nothing more than words on a page, but they are actually an infinitely complex imaginotransference technology that translates odd, inky squiggles into pictures inside your head.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I recommend Family Hour by Shayne Terry. Great story!

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Columnist
Columnist
I'm intrigued. Where can I find Female Hawk's Treasure Chest?" I can't seem to find it on the archives, or when searching these boards.

confused

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Kristen,

Here is the table of contents for all of the parts of the story as well as for the feedback.

Joy,
Lynn

Columnist
Columnist
Thanks! I think I'll spend a lazy Saturday reading smile

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard